• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

The age difference between Gold and Belle doesn't creep me out, but that's because I see many older men with younger women. I was glad when Regina had the Huntsmen as her boytoy (though I did really enjoy him best with Emma -- that ended way too quick).

I think the age difference btwn the Charmings and Emma doesn't phase me much. I think it will be helpful in Em's continued bonding with Snow. I worry about the Prince and Emma though. Being that they're in the same age group, I worry about a sexual vibe. It'll be interesting to see if Josh can pull off fatherly with Jennifer (being that she's actually older than him in real life).

Tonight's episode was kinda hard on the Prince. I couldn't believe he lost Henry to the Queen! Keep the kid with you, sir. All's well that ends well and it's nice he found his voice and the dwarfs are mining for fairy dust.

I just found this show last Sunday and did a marathon to catch up for tonight. I wish Snow/Prince had had a little more of a happily ever after. They waited all season to put them together and then the send her to a different dimension in the first episode of season 2! I want a hot and heavy reunion after all of this waiting...

#22 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Belle and Rumple is just so wrong IMO

I liken Rumple with the wolf and so them sleep together grosses me out

#23 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I loved the premier. I love that Charming and Snow are together

Glad to see some diversity. They had Giancarlo Espisito but still :)

The casting of Mulan didn't disappoint me. She can hold her own against the strong cast

The Enchanting Forest storyline has promise and the special effect is much better than last season

#24 KayB

KayB

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

I loved the look on Charming's face when Snow said she slept with someone

If you look closely, the black wraiths are cousins of dementers

#25 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I was disappointed to find out that Mulan and Aurora weren't cursed to Storybrooke. I loved seeing what they did with both sides of the characters last season. I would have pegged them for a doctor at the hospital and a ditzy nurse.

#26 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I loved the look on Charming's face when Snow said she slept with someone

If you look closely, the black wraiths are cousins of dementers

Dementors' more fashionable cousin. Explains the bling ;)

#27 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I am glad the curse is lifted, everyone know who they are and how they are related to the other. Snow and Charming's reunion was incredibly sweet. 'Its what fairytales are made of"

However I am not deluded enough to think they will live happily ever after. I hope their bliss lasts for the rest of the season. Non conflict is boring but they'll have plenty of conflict with their grow up daughter who is the same age group as them. I think its weird too Megan. All 3 must adjust and try to find a common ground. They'll never be a conventional family but Emma and Snow can become bestfriends!

#28 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ok, so what the hell was up with the very beginning of the show? At first, I thought I was watching the wrong show! Guy in NYC, goes to his apartment, can't close the window, drops phone, bird flies inside, he finds a postcard.
Ohhh-kaaay.

Mulan? Really? Seriously? Ohhh-kaaay.

Don't like sleeping beauty either. But I confess, I don't like snow white much either.

Now on to what I DO like.

The baddies. Love Regina and Gold and find his little romance with Belle so interesting.

Anyone else get weirded out when Emma and her parents reunited? C'mon, that was weird and kinda creepy -- and just weird.

So Snow and Emma gets sucked back to never-never-fairy-world, or whatever.

Sometimes, I wonder, why do I watch? I don't love this show. But I still watch. Hmmm... I really like the baddies. I want to see Gold and Regina fight more and cast more trouble on the town.

What does that say about me?

ooo I want the hatter back too!

#29 watchitrae

watchitrae

Cordial

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I was much more weirded out by Belle and Rumple's age difference than Emma being the same age as her parents, but that's just me. When Snow and Emma went back I was just like, really? That was just a tad bit annoying, but whatever.

#30 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yes - I can see the age difference between Belle and Gold being creepy. But the creep factor intriuged me. I'm weird. I know. And yes, them going back to fairy-never-never lad was a tad bit annoying. LoL

#31 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

Newest recap is up!

#32 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I didn't see the credits, was Caption Hook played by Lost's Charlie? He looked so different. Not as waif like as he did when he was on Lost

#33 rphoenix

rphoenix

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Once Upon A Time is my favorite show right now. It's practically the only one I'm still keeping tabs on, haha. I haven't seen the latest episode yet, though. I've only seen the one where they go back tot he castle to check if the portal's still there.

I seriously wasn't expecting them to bring back Regina's mother though. In all honesty, I think having her back kind of ruined it. I wish they just ended her story then when Regina got rid of her. But hey, maybe this can lead to something better. Hopefully.

#34 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

I didn't see the credits, was Caption Hook played by Lost's Charlie? He looked so different. Not as waif like as he did when he was on Lost

No, Hook was played by Colin O'Donoghue. He hasn't been in anything that I've seen before.

In other news, recap is up. :rolleyes:

#35 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

No, Hook was played by Colin O'Donoghue. He hasn't been in anything that I've seen before.

In other news, recap is up. :rolleyes:

Thanks Megan!

He was in The Tudors, I didn't recognize him because of all the eyeliner

Great recap by the way!

#36 rphoenix

rphoenix

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've just seen episode 4, and I love the little developments between Rumple and Belle. They're my favorite couple in the whole show, especially since it's a tie in between Rumplestiltskin and Beauty and the Beast. And a little back story about Rumple is always welcome for me, since he's my favorite character. It's always painful things in their lives that cause the villains to be villains. It's heartbreaking.

#37 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

I surprised myself when I decided that Once Upon A Time was going to be one of my favorite shows last season, and I've been following it ever since. Sure, I find some episodes/scenes slow or characters who annoy me to no end, but overall it's a wonderful program to watch especially for a Disney fan like me. The writing and storytelling have much improved, and I'm really in favor of the new spins the writers bring to classic fairytale/Disney characters. For this last episode, the story of Capt. Hook and his "crocodile" was great to watch.

#38 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Ok, so what the hell was up with the very beginning of the show? At first, I thought I was watching the wrong show! Guy in NYC, goes to his apartment, can't close the window, drops phone, bird flies inside, he finds a postcard.
Ohhh-kaaay.

Mulan? Really? Seriously? Ohhh-kaaay.

Don't like sleeping beauty either. But I confess, I don't like snow white much either.

Now on to what I DO like.

The baddies. Love Regina and Gold and find his little romance with Belle so interesting.

Anyone else get weirded out when Emma and her parents reunited? C'mon, that was weird and kinda creepy -- and just weird.

So Snow and Emma gets sucked back to never-never-fairy-world, or whatever.

Sometimes, I wonder, why do I watch? I don't love this show. But I still watch. Hmmm... I really like the baddies. I want to see Gold and Regina fight more and cast more trouble on the town.

What does that say about me?

ooo I want the hatter back too!

Yeah, sometimes I say "what the hell" about this show too. And just like you, I'm not a fan of Snow White. Not to be mean, but couldn't they have gotten a prettier girl to play that part? But as with you, I took find myself still watching it. I think it's just the natural draw of "what will they do with these old story book characters next" ideal that draws the viewer in.

#39 Asperahol

Asperahol

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

I actually like this show, although the literary part of me is always just sort of pick-pick-picking at things. I mean really? Lancelot the cheater who helped ruin Camelot has to be black? Couldn't the black guy have been at least a step-removed... as Galahad? Couldn't anybody else have been black? Anyone? And then of course he dies in the same episode - or rather has been dead for ages.

Really, I think the main reason I like it is that I know Cameron (from House) is okay now. She has a show and she is not a naive little self-rightous pain in the butt. I actually like her, and Chase is a firefighter now. Also whatever happened to Wilson?

#40 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

What? Ginnifer is a gorgeous woman

Posted Image