• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#41 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I just got done watching a Keeping up with the Kardashians -Lost footage show on my DVR while riding out this hurricane. They shoed clips such as the one the poster above mentioned about Kim crying over losing her earrings and showing the intimate relationships between Khloe and Lamar and Scott and Kourtney. I wonder what's up with Scott and Kourtney because they were all lovey dovey on the show. It was nice to see. Maybe they finally have gotten to a really good space in their relationship. The show was ok but non of the clips were way over the top. I'm assumming the network has to air something to keep people interested until the new season comes out in a few months.

#42 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

I've always liked Scott and Kourtney. It's so obvious that they're so in love, and I'm happy that they're finally on the right track with their relationship. I guess Scott finally pulled his shit together!

#43 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Wow I can't believe they were able to squeeze one more show out of the air. I guess they didn't have enough spin offs to squeeze more money. wow, I can't tell if I am disgusted or just jealous that I can't make that much cash....

#44 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I hadn't heard of the lost footage show, I'll have to look for it.

Sometimes I think they show only the worst moments of Kourtney and Scott's relationship. From what they show, those two sure aren't very affectionate. They don't seem in love. But then you see paparazi pictures of them out together and they look all cute and cuddly. I wonder if they are told to fight or make drama for the cameras.

#45 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Sometimes I think they show only the worst moments of Kourtney and Scott's relationship. From what they show, those two sure aren't very affectionate. They don't seem in love. But then you see paparazi pictures of them out together and they look all cute and cuddly. I wonder if they are told to fight or make drama for the cameras.

That's the thing with "reality TV" . It's only really 40 minutes of life captured and edited for our viewing. It doesn't count what goes on 24/7 day in and day out. They could be in a great relationship 90% of the time and 10% on bad terms and that could be the part that gets aired. I like them ok. Scott seems to be a good parent and growing up for the better slowly. I just wish they'd seal the deal already and make it official.

#46 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

That's the thing with "reality TV" . It's only really 40 minutes of life captured and edited for our viewing. It doesn't count what goes on 24/7 day in and day out. They could be in a great relationship 90% of the time and 10% on bad terms and that could be the part that gets aired. I like them ok. Scott seems to be a good parent and growing up for the better slowly. I just wish they'd seal the deal already and make it official.

That right there is EXACTLY why it shouldn't even be called reality tv in the first place. You can't edit real life. Nor can you script it. Both of which reality tv are notorious for doing.

#47 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

I guess it's called 'reality TV' since we ARE seeing how they deal with stuff in their private lives, but yeah, we really have no idea who these people are even if we watch all the episodes of their reality series because of the editing. For example - they always edit the show to make Scott seem like such an insane douche that some can already pinpoint that his so-called shenanigans are scripted and fake.

#48 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I always liked Scott compared to the rest of them. It must be weird for him to be in that family. I wonder how long it's all going to go on before it finally loses steam.

#49 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

That's another thing about reality tv. In order to keep people entertained, someone has to create drama. So they make a point to make certain people look bastardly. So the viewer has this negative outlook of the person. When in truth, it's almost always taken out of context for the sake of ratings.

#50 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

She had a wicked cool death in that movie, though! I own that movie lol. I'm looking at it right now on my shelf. :D

Yeah. Pipe through the head and then she pops forward with it impaled in her skull. Humanly impossible in reality, but in a slasher/horror movie? It looked really good. And because it was Paris Hilton also. :lol:

#51 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

On the other hand, I can't help but admire people like Khloe who is just so true to herself even while filming. She doesn't ooze fakeness (sorry Kim!) at all! She's not afraid to say what she thinks, and she's never lost sight of herself. That's what I see from watching the show for years.

#52 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Kim acts like that because she is the one who gets the most attention from men. Most girls who get a ton of attention from men become vain on some level. Maybe not all at once, but eventually.

#53 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

On the other hand, I can't help but admire people like Khloe who is just so true to herself even while filming. She doesn't ooze fakeness (sorry Kim!) at all! She's not afraid to say what she thinks, and she's never lost sight of herself. That's what I see from watching the show for years.

I too like Khloe the best of the sisters on this show. I agree, she appears to be true to herself and keep it real the whole time. I think that's one reason why I actually still watch the show when I can.

#54 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

I too like Khloe the best of the sisters on this show. I agree, she appears to be true to herself and keep it real the whole time. I think that's one reason why I actually still watch the show when I can.

I'm pretty much watching the show for Khloe myself. I hope she and Lamar don't get divorced or something!

#55 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think Lamar and Khloe are made for one another actually. They both seem down to earth and are at that age now where they need to settle down.

#56 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

I think Lamar and Khloe are made for one another actually. They both seem down to earth and are at that age now where they need to settle down.

You know at first I was on the fence about those two, but after watching their show I really think they are a good pair. I'm not one to knock real love.

#57 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

I guesss well, real love as real as it can get on a reality show filmed in L.A. :lol:

#58 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Guys, hopefully some of the stuff you're saying is even half true. But you have to understand. You're only seeing what producers want you to see. God willing, Khloe and Lamar are for each other. But for all we know, they're "down to earth" because the producers want us to see that.

Remember, reality tv isn't exactly reality. It has staged scenes, edits, etc.

#59 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

True. They can make you or they can break you. It's all about how the producers edit the show. Or choose to do so.

#60 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

True. They can make you or they can break you. It's all about how the producers edit the show. Or choose to do so.

That's very true too. I've seen reunion shows where the people on the cast complain about how they were perceived on the show vs. reality. But on the flip side the producers always say, we can't edit what you don't give us. It's really a down and dirty world in "reality TV". I'm glad I'm not a part of that.