• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Who else is/was a fan of this show? I love it. I started watching when it first aired in '97, and I was immediately hooked. I love the way they made it so all the characters kind of "grew up" on the show. They matured in so many ways ... the last several seasons were a lot different and darker than the first few, but I still loved the first few.

This is one show that I really want to marathon soon. I've always wondered what it would be like to absorb it all over a few weeks.

#2 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

No doubt, it is a great show. My feeling is that the show stopped developing once Joss left the day to day. The characters seemed to stop maturing at that point.

But the first 5ish years, it was an amazing show.

#3 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

I liked all the seasons - and the comic books - and wow, I am such a nerd. LoL About a year ago I think I re-watched all of them. It was amazing how much changed with everyone on the show.

Buffy got a sister, Buffy's mom died, Angel left, she got feelings for Spike, Willow went gay, Xander lost an eye -- LOL

I mean, Wow!

#4 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

I liked all the seasons - and the comic books - and wow, I am such a nerd. LoL About a year ago I think I re-watched all of them. It was amazing how much changed with everyone on the show.

Buffy got a sister, Buffy's mom died, Angel left, she got feelings for Spike, Willow went gay, Xander lost an eye -- LOL

I mean, Wow!

Poor Xander. He not only lost his eyes, he his his soulmate Anya.

Anyways death was very hard for me. I had come to love her by then.

I HATED Dawn, sorry Dawn lovers.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I LOVED Spike before he got a soul. He invented the word woobify. They actually cut open his chest to insert his metallic soul. Hee! The torturing scenes after he attempted to rape Buffy were painful but it didn't make me want him with Buffy. My disdain for that couple has nothing to do with my Angle loving heart. Spike and Buffy were a bad idea period

I didn't hate Dawn but she wasn't needed. She took time away from the scooby gang. Unforgivable

I loved witchy Willow. I mean, the way she teared into those guys that killed her lover was one of my favorite storylines but The Body is my favorite BtVS episode. Ever

#6 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

oooo! I hated Dawn too. OMG, so annoying! LoL, glad I ain't the only one.

And I was VERY shocked and sad when Anya died, did not see that coming.

Favorite episodes? I loved the musical one. I know, I know, but I did!

One thing I loved about this show is the wit and banter and sarcasm that Buffy and friends used all the time. I mean, sure, they were packing stakes, bows, and all sorts of things, but the most important tool in their arsenal? Sarcasm.

#7 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I love Buffy. I have the complete set on DVD. I loved the episode where it was all singing. I even have that soundtrack!

#8 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

I LOVED Spike before he got a soul. He invented the word woobify. They actually cut open his chest to insert his metallic soul. Hee! The torturing scenes after he attempted to rape Buffy were painful but it didn't make me want him with Buffy. My disdain for that couple has nothing to do with my Angle loving heart. Spike and Buffy were a bad idea period

I didn't hate Dawn but she wasn't needed. She took time away from the scooby gang. Unforgivable

I loved witchy Willow. I mean, the way she teared into those guys that killed her lover was one of my favorite storylines but The Body is my favorite BtVS episode. Ever

No, I didn't hate Dawn either but I agree she wasn't really that needed. But then, I don't think she really hurt the show all that much.

I also liked Spike best when he was soulless. I miss laughing at the things he would say! He was so funny :)

#9 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I see Dawn as the producers way of trying to drive on the show. By that point, Joss had left and they had really mined most of the stuff the could get out of the original gang. They needed to add a new element to drive character interaction, and honestly buffy had been through so many boyfriends and there had already been 2 other slayers that those conciets were also played out. An since they had a new baddy every season more or less, that wasn't going to help either.

I am not sure she worked, but it was an interesting angle.

#10 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I mean, Wow!

I'm going to show myself here as a nerd. Did you read the one where Buffy was in a nigh club with a count, in Paris I think, and BOTH Angel and Spike showed up. She ended up with the count.

Monarchy > vamps

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Spike started the trend of awesomely bad vampires you love to hate. The woobifying almost destroyed him

The writers had such a hard on for him that he literally went out in a blaze of glory. I liked the finale despite the losses (ANYA) but I was very very disappointed Angel didn't stay to fight

#12 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Spike started the trend of awesomely bad vampires you love to hate. The woobifying almost destroyed him

The writers had such a hard on for him that he literally went out in a blaze of glory. I liked the finale despite the loss but I was very very disappointed Angel didn't stay to fight

Oh absolutely. Even though Damon from TVD is base off a character from a book, the way he is on the show is, to me, very reminiscent of Spike. And Stefan of course is similar to Angel. I picked up on that immediately.

#13 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

I am puttering around the house watching Buffy on Logo, I miss that era of television. I love the Buffy and Angel. Cordelia's disgust for Buffy yet secretly admiration ... she admits the only reason she liked Xander was because made him cool by just hanging with him :lol

I love the scooby gang. I miss Buffy

#14 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Franzy, off-topic here but I adore your avatar!

As much as I liked Anya, I sort of wish the show had continued the relationship between Xander and Cordelia. I would have liked to have seen how that would have turned out. They definitely had something there.

#15 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

I was a huge fan in the beginning, but after a while the plot became so...watered down. I think one of my favorite episodes was when they bought Buffy back from the dead, and at the end of the episode she reveals to Spike that she was heaven. Another was when she was shown in a psychiatric hospital and it eluded to the fact that the entire show, her sister, her friends were all a figment of her imagination and she chooses to lose herself in her imagination rather than try to be a normal person. That really floored me and I think I stopped watching for awhile after that because I didn't really know how to take it.

#16 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

My favorite was The Body. I think I cried harder than Buffy did when she saw Joyce on the floor. SMH should have won an Emmy for that episode

#17 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Franzy, off-topic here but I adore your avatar!

Thank you, I stopped watching Supernatural in season 2 but I still love my Dean Winchester wub

#18 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

My favorite was The Body. I think I cried harder than Buffy did when she saw Joyce on the floor. SMH should have won an Emmy for that episode

I could not agree more! Her acting in that episode was amazing. That was probably the most disturbing and memorable episode of Buffy. So sad and so gritty and real at the same time.

#19 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I could not agree more! Her acting in that episode was amazing. That was probably the most disturbing and memorable episode of Buffy. So sad and so gritty and real at the same time.

What made it more tragic was that off all the things she could have died from, demons and vampires, she died of natural causes. Buffy's cries of "mommy, mommy!" haunted me for a long time

#20 karkey69

karkey69

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

I did watch some of the Buffy episodes because angel was in them. I am crazy for my Angel/Angelus...yea i even love the bad side...he was very entertaining. i am still watching angel every morning and have been for about 4 years and never tire of it. LOL!