• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

I saw the episode where Spike got his own Buffy robot on Logo last night. Hilarious and gross at the same time

It reminded me of SMG's versatility as an actress. She and most of the WB actors during that period were robbed

#22 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

I recently started watching Buffy from the beginning for the first time since it ended, and I'm surprised at how little I remember. I used to watch the show all the time with my family, but I think I was too young when it started so I really only saw a few episodes here and there. It's still one of the most memorable shows, in my opinion, but man has it aged.

#23 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:10 AM

My favorite was The Body. I think I cried harder than Buffy did when she saw Joyce on the floor. SMH should have won an Emmy for that episode

I could not agree more! Her acting in that episode was amazing. That was probably the most disturbing and memorable episode of Buffy. So sad and so gritty and real at the same time.

What made it more tragic was that off all the things she could have died from, demons and vampires, she died of natural causes. Buffy's cries of "mommy, mommy!" haunted me for a long time

Oh, I know! I'm getting chills just thinking back to it! That was one very disturbing episode.

Gotta say, my favorite was the musical one. I can't help it, I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for musicals. After that, it's the one where they all have that dream together. Very obscure.

#24 Sunnee

Sunnee

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I actually like The Body and Buffy was the thing for all of us. I like Angel but I liked Spike also.They put the Vamp in Vampires. :lol

#25 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

What made it more tragic was that off all the things she could have died from, demons and vampires, she died of natural causes. Buffy's cries of "mommy, mommy!" haunted me for a long time

Oh, I know! I'm getting chills just thinking back to it! That was one very disturbing episode.

Gotta say, my favorite was the musical one. I can't help it, I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for musicals. After that, it's the one where they all have that dream together. Very obscure.

Oh, I had forgotten all about the musical one! I loved that :) Some of them could sing surprisingly well. Buffy (SMG) really couldn't, but she made a great effort.

#26 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

I was a huge Buffy fan. Even though the Buffy/Spike love fest was a little twisted I liked it. I am still a huge David Boreanz fan too. Angel was such a tortured soul. I try to catch it whenever I can in syndication but it would be awesome to just go from beginning to end in a marathon.

#27 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

They show it on Logo but they are not airing it from beginning to end.

#28 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

It took me a bit of time to warm up to the series BtVS because I had watched the original movie and while it was corny in places, I enjoyed the story line of a slayer of Vampires. I thought Buffy and Spike's relationship kinda creepy. The idea a human could find something to love about a cold bloodless bloodsucker just made my blood chill. I guess the producers had to do something to keep the younger set entertained. I did find Willow's character almost worth a girl crush. I always wanted to be able to get revenge the way she did.

#29 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

I saw the original movie too and liked it, and I remember expecting the series to be a lot the same, but I was actually pleasantly surprised when it wasn't that similar. It was it's own thing and it was better.

The Buffy/Spike relationship didn't bother me that much. I liked Spike, he was hilarious! And Buffy did feel appropriately bad for hooking up with him. I think all that went down after her mom died, didn't it? So maybe she was supposed to be having some kind of mental breakdown.

#30 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Didn't start watching Buffy until years later. Finished the show in the college when I should have been writing a thesis. Just could not leave the universe and had to watch Angel it its entirety too. Have to say my favorite Buffy episode was "Hush." I love when shows decide to do something different like that, and I think it shows Joss Whedon at his best.

#31 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yea, Hush was definitely a high point. It took some stones to make an episode with pretty much no dialogue or speaking. But it worked for them.

#32 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer for like maybe the first four seasons then off and on for the remaining seasons. Like other I was pleasantly surprised that the series chose to be totally different then the movie it was based on. Where the movie was campy the series was dark and edgy.

I like the relationship between Buffy and Angel. It was an interesting twist when he turned dark, and how he had to find his redemption again. However, Angel became such a popular character that he got a spin off, so Buffy more or less lost her love interest. Then there was the whole Dawn, out of nowhere sister thing, and this was where I have to admit the show lost me. I only watch then here and there. I did see the episode where Buffy's mother died which was a very powerful one and the episode where she herself supposedly died, then came back the next season to see how she would be resurrected.

It wasn't till years later when the show was on FX that I caught more of the later episodes that I had chosen not to watch while it was still on. It was then that I discovered the plot that explained why Dawn existed and about Buffy's twisted relationship with Spike. I have to admit though that it was an interesting pairing, Buffy actually turned out to be Spike's salvation because of his love for her. I also saw the show Willow turns dark arc, it certainly gave the actress some meaty material to work with.

#33 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

"Buffy" airs on Logo, Oxygen, and Chiller TV. But if you want the best episodes and more ordered, then you have to go to Chiller. Logo and Oxygen just throw any old episodes on with no timeline. It's like one day forwards, another day backwards.

#34 mberger0002

mberger0002

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I liked the show as well, seeing Buffy balancing her life as slayer and ever day teenager was very entertaining. They way Angel struggled on his road to redemption, made you feel like you was experiencing it with him.Willow and the rest of the crew were amazing, as far as villains goes none of them were as bad to the bone as Spike. I really hated when he became good, because he was such a good protagonist on the show.

All the references to pop culture was always good for laugh, whether it was willow calling everyone the scooby gang or Xander doing the snoopy dance. It was just a well written show, but I do agree with Cordial; after season 5 it seems the show was running on fumes.

#35 mberger0002

mberger0002

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Sorry ,I meant to say I agree with Techy855.

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

"Angel" gets no respect though. They air episodes of "Angel" on TNT at like 7 AM. When people are too busy getting ready for work or showering or whatever. It's so stupid. I hope Chiller or someone picks up episodes of "Angel" and airs them at a decent time.

#37 mcb1180

mcb1180

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Who else is/was a fan of this show? I love it. I started watching when it first aired in '97, and I was immediately hooked. I love the way they made it so all the characters kind of "grew up" on the show. They matured in so many ways ... the last several seasons were a lot different and darker than the first few, but I still loved the first few.

This is one show that I really want to marathon soon. I've always wondered what it would be like to absorb it all over a few weeks.

I absolutely loved the show. I remember seeing just snip of the promo and saying "No way are they making a show about that movie!" (which I loved and still quote and rewatch) and being absolutetly certain I was going to be there to watch the pilot. I was hooked from then on.

I also remember when Angel lost his soul, getting on the school bus the next day and ranting the whole way there, with a fellow Buffy addict Bambi, that the writers were idiots and how could they ruin the whole "Buffy/Angel" thing they had going. I was miserable! Finally they got all that straightened out, and the idiots have him leave in Season 3. And I never got over the fact that Xander never got caught lying to Buffy about Willow trying to reensoul Angel one list time. I thought for sure was going to dragged over the coals in Season 7 when Buffy went to kill Anya, but alas it was not meant to be. It was a very emotional time for me. :-)

Now however as I rewatch many of the episodes on FX and delve deeper into the world of fanfiction, I have to say I have no clue why I ever liked Angel. Good writing I guess, for all that I hated the storyline at the time the writers really got you invested in that relationship somehow.

Looking at it now as an adult I can only say it was teenage dreams, because it never made sense. They were all fools, they put so much stock and to Angel rubber and soul and how great that made him and how Angel and Angelus were too separate people, blah, blah, blah. How can they be two separate individuals if Angel was on a path to redemption, after all Angelus was the one who did all the wrong doing. It became more and more obvious just what a louse Angel was, when Spike fell in love with Buffy. The lengths he went through for her, even before he won his soul, showed that he was 10000x the man and vamp that Angel was and all he ever got was kick in the face for it.

I'm not going to rant any more, I'm obviously a Spuffy fan are there any others out there who look back on the show and wonder? Or are there any Bangels out there who can agree that Angel's character is quite lacking the chivalry department?

#38 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hello, is this show any good? I heard its cheesey. Thought about watching it but dont know if I want to. Is it worth watching? I love vampires.

#39 KaraFrakkingThrace

KaraFrakkingThrace

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Buffy is a bit hit or miss for me. It has never ceased to amaze me how frequently they managed to put total crap like Go Fish back to back with episodes like Becoming 1 and 2, which are some of the best TV ever made. It's like watching two entirely separate shows - one brilliant and one terrible.

Stinkers like Go Fish notwithstanding, my favorite seasons were two and three. I think the Angelus and Faith storylines were the best the show ever did. A bunch of my favorite individual episodes came later, though. Hush and Once More With Feeling were incredible, of course, and I also have a soft spot for Something Blue (first episode I ever saw), Fool For Love, The Body, and Tabula Rasa.

Hello, is this show any good? I heard its cheesey. Thought about watching it but dont know if I want to. Is it worth watching? I love vampires.

XxMotleyCrueXx, the special effects have not aged well and look pretty cheesy compared to more recent shows like Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries, but it's definitely worth watching. As I said above, the plots can be a bit hit and miss, but when they're good, they're really really good, and you will grow to love the characters.

#40 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I actually watched the first 3 seasons of Buffy when it aired, but then I got older and I was starting to go out with my friends all the time, so I wound up missing everything else after that. Luckily, Netflix has that and Angel available to stream, so I have been going back and forth between the 2 shows and catching up. Buffy did start to wind down in the later seasons and it wasn't as good as it was in the beginning, but it was still overall a great show.