• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

First TV show I ever became totally obsessed with? The X-files.
First show I ever wrote FanFic for? The X-files.
First show I actually CRIED because it ended? The X-files.

Serious. Hard-core fan here. LOL

Anyone else watched?

#2 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

I have watched it with my husband several times. I do really like it as well. I think that Scully and Moulder worked well as a team. I did also like the Xfiles movie they had out.

#3 Autlia22

Autlia22

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

I agree with you totally, Cordial. I loved X-Files. It was so well-written. Nothing like it has come again since even though the paranormal is more popular than ever. I tried watching Supernatural and Fringe, but they don't hold a candle to X-Files.

#4 Autlia22

Autlia22

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Oops, sorry. I called you Cordial, Seascaping. I looked at the wrong line. Just found out I'm shy too. Oh well, I'll catch on eventually, I guess.

#5 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

I have watched it with my husband several times. I do really like it as well. I think that Scully and Moulder worked well as a team. I did also like the Xfiles movie they had out.

What about the second movie. It was so far after the series, it was kind of jarring.

A lot of the carried over sub-text and character interactions I had forgotten by the time I watched this.

#6 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

My husband used to be really into it. I enjoyed it, too, but not as much as he did. It was (at least the first several seasons) a little bit too "episode of the week" for me. I usually get more involved in shows with ongoing story lines. I know X-Files did, but it was not quite as much at the forefront.

That said, I have only seen the first two seasons in their entirety and I have heard that later seasons were a lot different. I would actually like to see some more of it.

#7 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

I watched the first few seasons when it was on, but then I stopped keeping up with it. I think the show was very well written with a great story line, but I am a big chicken when it comes to scary stuff and it really started to creep me out.

#8 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

I used to love the X Files, but after Mulder left, I just couldn't bring myself to really watch it. I think I caught one or two episodes after the Terminator guy joined the cast, but I had missed so much that I was confused and spent the entire episode calling random friends that I knew watched and asking them a million and one questions. I still don't know, was the kid that Scully had her and Mulder's?

#9 cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm a huge Skinner fan. I loved the whole Skinner/Scully dynamic. The episode where he catches her when she faints due to her Cancer...ugh. I wish there were no Mulder. I know that's sacrilegious, but I don't care.

Dianne

#10 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Definitely, a huge fan here as well, I watched 'X-files' every week on Wednesday night. It was one of my favorite show few years ago. Back then it was something totally different then other shows. It was one of its kind and for a quiet a while it was on top of the si-fi category on TV.

#11 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I must have caught every single episode of X-Files and all the movies ever made on X-Files. I watched them over and over again too on repeat and enjoyed it so much it really upset me when it ended. It was so engaging I had forgotten my own problems and troubles for the hour it was on. I do believe it inspired and launched more than a few movies and careers of the actors of the series. I fully intend on spending my hard earned cash on getting the complete X-Files series on DVD.

#12 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm a huge Skinner fan. I loved the whole Skinner/Scully dynamic. The episode where he catches her when she faints due to her Cancer...ugh. I wish there were no Mulder. I know that's sacrilegious, but I don't care.

Man, I am surprised by this. The dynamic between Scully and Mulder was the heart of the show.

#13 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Man, I am surprised by this. The dynamic between Scully and Mulder was the heart of the show.

I agree, the chemistry made the show. The movies they made too carried their relationship through even the roughest times encountered. Everyone but Scully saw that Maulder loved her very much. If she knew he loved her, she faked it because she really never acknowledged or at least lead on that she believed he did. I think though I saw a glitter of realization when she had cancer and Maulder fought not only to get her back but get to the root of who was behind it all.

#14 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I tried to catch each week's episode of this show as much as possible. Their slogan 'The Truth is Out There' and the characters, Fox Mulder and Dana Scully will be unforgettable in my book. I can't explain why I am always drawn into shows and movies in which the protagonists are sort of going against the government and eventually uncovering a dark secret or conspiracy. I think this is one of the reasons that kept my affair with 'The X-Files' going at that time. :lol

#15 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

You know, I kinda think that Mulder, Skinner, and Doggett were all a little in love with Scully. :lol But for her, it was Mulder, no questions. When it came to me "shipping" ((and I think The X-files was the first fandom to come up with the shipping term)) I liked her with Doggett -- but she belonged with Mulder. I could never see her kissing Skinner--there was too much of a respect/fatherish feel too their relationship. They did get closer when Mulder got abducted and Skinner even called her "Dana" a few times (A rarity on the show).

But I can see the appeal of a skinner/scully relationship.

#16 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

I fully intend on spending my hard earned cash on getting the complete X-Files series on DVD.

Lord knows I have them. LoL -- but you can watch The X-files on netflix as their "play now" feature. wub

#17 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm so happy that The X-files episodes are up on Netflix! I can't believe how much I've forgotten from the very first season when Mulder and Scully looked so young. They are still two of my most favorite characters on a television series. I've always liked the show's opening theme which is recognizable and unforgettable. I was really sad when The X-Files ended, and none of the spin-offs lived up to it. I thought that maybe Fringe would be my new X-Files, but sadly I lost interest after the second season. I'm glad there are other X-Philes out there so the show will never be forgotten. Remember, trust no one.

#18 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I sort of miss when X-Files was still being produced. At least back then, producers and executives still somewhat cared about the quality of the shows that put out.

#19 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I loved the X-Files when it first premiered. Like so many of you I thought it was a show of great quality and it certainly was one of the earlier programs that helped put the Fox Network on the Map, well that and Married with Children. However, I have to admit I did start to lose interest along the way.

Especially the final season of the show. Without Mulder the show just wasn't the same and didn't have the same feel that it use to. It was kind of like the season where Mulder had to work without Scully for awhile due to her alien abduction (in reality the actress was on maternity leave). The program was a ensemble, and without one of those key members of the ensemble it didn't seem the same. Looking back on it now, I kind of wish they had chosen not to do that final season, but instead opted to start to do movies where the actors only worked on it at certain times without such a demanding schedule.

#20 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

I started watching this in college and became addicted to it. I always knew that they were going to find aliens, and that Skully would be convienced of life on other planets. I wish this serious was still going on. I also, enjoyed the movie, it was very good.