Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

The X-files has the best theme music hands down! Its so creepy

#22 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

The two biggest things that creeped the heck out of me as a kid in the mid-to-late 90's was Ben Willis, the Fisherman in the horror film, I Know/Still Know What You Did Last Summer and almost every single creep factor about The X-Files. I didn't really appreciate and understand this series for it's wittiness until revisiting it sometime last year for the full 9 seasons on Netflix. The whole conspiracy theory plot that ran for the entire show was truly gripping, creepy and most of the time, an edge of your seat experience. The credulous Mulder and the skeptical Scully drew me in by the throat and never let go until the end. My preference of seasons are 1-5 which were the strongest, but overall, two thumbs up for the series. This is one gem that director, Chris Carter, has proudly attached to his resume of work

Edited by Phoenix360, 24 July 2013 - 01:01 AM.

#23 Ruth B

Ruth B

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hubby and I are huge fans also.  We have seen it throughout from beginning to end numerous times.  We really appreciate the tight, VERY tightly woven writing.  We both tend to appreciate that talent on just about any story and show really.  

Their chemistry was so awesome, very believable relationship.  Actually all the actors had good chemistry, not just Moulder and Scully. That is why we appreciated the ending that you had to wait through the long credits for on the last movie.  We were watching people leave the theater, and we thought wait, something may be coming, and it sure was.  LOVED that ending.  Just the two of them.  

I really wished they had picked up the baby William story line again, it would seem like enough time would go by and danger for him pass, so they could have their child back.  But oh well silly me, I don't write it.  

And yes, I cried when they killed off the Lone Gunmen.  Dang, I loved those guys. And Skinner.  Wow, Somewhere online, I don't remember where,  someone talking about Skinner's butt.  It was so funny but I had to agree, that was one fine well, you know. All I can say is that I didn't bring it up, but when someone else did, I had to do my part in passing it on. :)  

And do ya;ll like we do when we see any of them anywhere else, instead of their real name say, you know, that guy that played such and such on X files?  Yep, X files are unforgettable.  

Overall, yes, adored the X files.  It set standards, HIGH standards for other shows coming along.  When we see a good show now, we often say, hey, it's good, but it's no X Files.  Or, yes, that show was written as good an an X file.  

And YES!  love it on Netflix streaming.  I go through all the episodes that carry along the story line forward and skip mostly the just plain ole gross out ones.  .  

#24 crimsonchamp55

crimsonchamp55

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

I watched one season of the x- files. Although I liked the shows I watched, I never connected with the show to the point of saying it was a favorite.

#25 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

I watched several seasons of X Files while it was current. Life got busy for a while and I couldn't keep up with it regularly. I decided to watch it from start to finish on Netflix. I watched every season, even the ones I had already seen, and enjoyed it very much. I loved the character development in this show. Mulder and Scully rock.

#26 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

I watched several seasons of X Files while it was current. Life got busy for a while and I couldn't keep up with it regularly. I decided to watch it from start to finish on Netflix. I watched every season, even the ones I had already seen, and enjoyed it very much. I loved the character development in this show. Mulder and Scully rock.

Yeah it's an exceptional experience with all the great suspense. It's also great to see Mulder and Scully go from point A to point B. The two of them combined with the writing efforts in the earlier seasons brought the show to greatness. Sometimes I have the urge to watch seasons 1-4 again. Loved them.

Edited by Phoenix360, 25 October 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#27 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

I am watching it on Netflix now. It scared me as a kid. When that theme song would come on I would have to turn off the volume. It was so creepy to me and I couldn't get through it. Now I am able to watch it and it doesn't seem that scary at all, but it is well written. I love it now.

#28 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

I am watching it on Netflix now. It scared me as a kid. When that theme song would come on I would have to turn off the volume. It was so creepy to me and I couldn't get through it. Now I am able to watch it and it doesn't seem that scary at all, but it is well written. I love it now.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. You and I were the same way then, because the X Files theme song is probably the only TV show theme song in history to almost paralyze me in fear back then. I couldn't switch off the TV set fast enough before the hair on the back of my neck stood up and made me feel creeped out. It's still haunting though but of course less haunting having grown all up.

#29 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

I loved watching this as a child, but my thing was wondering where was this 'Vineyard' Mulder was always going to. I looked on a map and Martha's Vineyard is not easy to get to, but Mulder always seemed to get there really fast wherever he was.

I was never frightened by it, but it made me suscpicious about everything and I questioned things more. Mulder and Scully were a great duo and I hope they do another film! I'm happy to volunteer to write a script!

#30 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yeah it's an exceptional experience with all the great suspense. It's also great to see Mulder and Scully go from point A to point B. The two of them combined with the writing efforts in the earlier seasons brought the show to greatness. Sometimes I have the urge to watch seasons 1-4 again. Loved them.

Theirs was the best friendship/love story ever. I may end up watching this series yet again at some point.

Funny people mention the theme music. I remember when the show was current, we had to turn the volume down until the show started, because the kids complained that the music was creepy (they didn't watch the show, but they could hear it starting).

#31 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

I am old enough to remember "The X-Files" from the beginning. I had part of the series on VHS. I was a pretty strong fan, but I wasn't totally obsessed. I did enjoy the stories. Some were definitely better than others. I feel the early seasons were the best (up to about season four). The side storyline where Fox was trying to figure out what happened to his sister reminded me of the subplot in "The Mentalist" about Red John. I felt the show declined in it's last seasons. It seemed to become more of a shock show. Maybe it was trying to keep up with the edgy shows of the time, such as what FX was delivering?

#32 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

I remember the X files, they used to air it late at night, and I used to stay awake late enough for that.  I don't know if it was because I was just a brat, but I always found most episodes so scary!  Looking back I think I'd have enjoyed the TV show even more if I had been older, preferably as old as I am now, Heck, I might consider watching that TV show again once things settle down a bit more ;) It was a great TV show, also  a very important and iconic part of my childhood!

#33 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

Hey guys! Did any of you hear the x files are coming back! I was reading the other day! The original main actors are coming back! How awesome is that! I don't remember if they mentioned there would several seasons or several episodes. I will post the link here if I find it. Looking forward to seeing David as Mulder again.

#34 Gabe

Gabe

Cordial

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm glad there will be a few more episodes, maybe they want to see how that does before they consider another film? There is a new generation now who don't know much about the series, so maybe they will warm to the characters? I hope they do more than 6 episodes, maybe again they want to test the waters.

#35 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

I couldn't find the yahoo article I had told you guys about, but I found this one  There are many other articles out there, they all basically say the same about this TV show coming back. I think someone really powerful is a big fan of this TV show, otherwise I doubt we'd be seeing it coming back to life! I don't think this happens very often! I'm sure there still are some really loyal fans out there who had been waiting for this :D To be honest I wasn't one of them, because I was pretty sure this show would be gone for good.

Edited by Sefarad, 29 March 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#36 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

I CANT WAIT.  PLUS, I just found out today the have the seasons on Amazon Video so I am definitely watching it all over again from day 1.  I love how Duchovney said Mulder was a horrible FBI agent because he never solved a case.  LOLOL  It's great that it's not a reboot but a continuation 20 years later.  I do hope they give it more than the 6 episodes.  They should give it AT LEAST 2 FULL seasons.  LOL

#37 KimberlyD

KimberlyD

Friendly

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

I watched every episode of The X files until they got rid of Moulder and Scully.  When they did that, I stopped watching the show.  I could not connect with the new characters.  I guess I was just too stuck on Moulder and Scully.  I have thought about trying to watch them now that I haven't seen it in years to see how I feel about it, but I haven't been in a hurry to do so.

#38 FanGirl

FanGirl

Cordial

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

I heard that it was going to be six episodes and the smoking man will be returning. Here is a link with more information

I like they are planning to set this in todays time. Although we have some shows like that, this was something that could go either way. An older Scully and Muldar should be very interesting, the sexual chemistry was probably one of the best on TV.  Usually summer means poor TV watching but this summer I am actually excited about the new shows being aired. Is it possible XFiles could dethrone The Walking Dead in ratings? that would be something!

#39 newSAHMmy

newSAHMmy

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:39 AM

I heard that it was going to be six episodes and the smoking man will be returning. Here is a link with more information

I like they are planning to set this in todays time. Although we have some shows like that, this was something that could go either way. An older Scully and Muldar should be very interesting, the sexual chemistry was probably one of the best on TV.  Usually summer means poor TV watching but this summer I am actually excited about the new shows being aired. Is it possible XFiles could dethrone The Walking Dead in ratings? that would be something!

I think it might.  TWD has a great following but sometimes my social feeds are with people complaining that it gets really slow at times.  I cant say I disagree with that.  But the Xfiles is something that has its fan base from back then and I'm sure it will get "new kids" to like it, too.

#40 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

I use to like to watch the X-Files it was one of my favorite shows on Fox, well at least for the earlier seasons.  But then all the changes started to happen.  Mulder disappeared, Scully got pregnant and was uable to be part of too many cases, so new people were brought in.  I stopped watching for awhile because of this, then finally Mulder and Scully returned so I went back to watching.  Then the show went and killed off the Lone Gunmen, wait they killed out the guys who were so popular they were given their own spinoff, so it didn't last, but still.  Then they killed off Skinner and again I lost interest, the show seem to just be twisting in the wind at that point.