• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#1 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

Do you still watch Survivor or do you think it's over done at this point? I love the show still, although the physical challenges are more background for me. I prefer the social aspect.

#2 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

I still watch sometimes, but it's not must-see TV anymore. Last night's episode was the first one I watched in full in a few weeks. It's nice to see the ladies take control of the game. Can you tell who has an inside track to F3 and has a good chance to win?

#3 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I do think it's overdone; I mean come on, it's up to 24 seasons and 12 years. But it's a cash cow and people still watch it, so it persists. It's easy to get burnt out on "Survivor" when the formula has never really changed much.

#4 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

No, I'm generally terrible at figuring out who is going to be in the final three. I do watch for people who fly under the radar, though; usually at least one of the final 3 does that.

#5 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, Wylla, it seems in these past few seasons of Survivor, most of the castaways have been nothing but sheep, following one or two dominant parties. It's kind of annoying to watch people skate by!

#6 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

The Survivor finale airing next Sunday has all female contestants vying for the grand prize. I believe this is the first time in Survivor history that has happened; I wonder what took so long. ;)

#7 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am going to merg this thread with the existing Survor thread. We don't need more than one thread for the same season

#8 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

I love Survivor! I've watched every season (minus a few episodes of the first one). My favorite players are still Boston Ron and Johnny Fairplay. Yes, I like the devious ones. This season has been pretty cool - having an all girl final 4! Many girls have said this in past seasons but then always caved when it was time to knock the guys out.

#9 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

We have a winner!

Kim won the big prize last night as well as the Sprint popularity contest. Do you think she deserved to win?

What did you think of Colton's explanations for his behavior?

#10 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

It would have been a shocker and an upset if anyone other than Kim won. It was obvious a few episodes ago that she would win which made for a boring, predictable end to an average season.

I'm not looking forward to another season of returning players.

#11 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Spoilers for seasons 25 and 26.

Spoiler: click to toggle

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

The formula seem to work for them I guess.

Spoiler: click to toggle

#13 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I was pretty surprised that Kim picked Chelsea and Sabrina to go to the end with her. That was a risk on her part, and the only thing that made her win at that point slightly uncertain. I am also surprised that Chelsea received zero votes; she seemed more sincere with her answers at the final Tribal Council.

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

The little we got from the jury, I don't think they respected Chelsea as a player. Maybe they thought she rode Kim's coattails and her opening speech to try to separate herself from Kim hurt whatever chance she had to come in second. I also think Sabrina garnered a couple of votes her way due to the woe is me speech she made about being laid off.

#15 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

I was pretty surprised that Kim picked Chelsea and Sabrina to go to the end with her. That was a risk on her part, and the only thing that made her win at that point slightly uncertain. I am also surprised that Chelsea received zero votes; she seemed more sincere with her answers at the final Tribal Council.

I disagree. Chelsea still seemed pretty self-serving to me and rather annoying during the final tribal council. I don't think I would've brought Sabrina with me though, had I been Kim. I thought Sabrina had a really good shot of winning.

#16 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Sabrina would have been a greater threat to win if she had won more competitions. I was shocked to see how little respect the jury had for Chelsea.

#17 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

I think this show is overdone but if the network still run this show then I guess people are still watching it. Maybe we are all trying to survive in our workplace, school, or even inside our homes that watching this show will help us a bit with our struggles.

#18 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think this show is overdone but if the network still run this show then I guess people are still watching it. Maybe we are all trying to survive in our workplace, school, or even inside our homes that watching this show will help us a bit with our struggles.

They are going on the 20 their something season, they keep recycling the survivors which works as far as I know. So while old I won't say it is overdone

#19 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Updated the topic title to reflect the new season.

Have spoilers? Post them in spoiler tags.

Posted Image

Returning players: Mike Skupin (Australia), Jonathan Penner (Cook Islands, Micronesia), and Russell Swan (Samoa)

Survivor on CBS.com

Cast by tribes on SurvivorFever.net

#20 ShootingBlanks

ShootingBlanks

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

I like people who admit their mistakes and learn from it, Russell should stick to his new plan stay in the background. He is not a natural born leader anyway

RC should cut Abi loose before she blows up her game. That chick is a walking paranoia

What do you guys think of Angie and Malcolm? The environment on Survivor is not showmance friendly but it worked for Rob and Amber