• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Sure, this one might cater to a "younger" crowd, but I still find it enjoyable and interesting. ABC Family has done a good job forming plot lines around gymnastics. I do think this season will probably be its last, though, since they are set to go to the Olympics in London and all.

#2 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

My daughter loves this show. I'm sure she said that Monday's episode (this past Monday) was the last one. These girls are headed to the Olympics. How neat is that, to watch them grow on a TV show. I thought it was a pretty good show too.

#3 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

You're right about it being for the younger crowd, but I'm with you... it's actually pretty good. I'm actually pleasantly surprised with some of the series that ABC Family has been putting out these last few years. I'm disappointed that they canceled Make it or Break it, though. I was looking forward to finding out what happened next. Oh well. :(

#4 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Having liked Gymnastics for years I was curious about this program when I first heard about it. As you said it does seem to be a show aimed at a younger demographic. However, I did like it, and found that it did cover some of the issues that Gymnast would face when they are serious about the sport.

Now I come here and find out that ABC Family has cancelled it. Seriously, I had no idea they had done this till just now. What a disappointment this was one of the shows on this channel that I enjoyed watching.

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

However, I did like it, and found that it did cover some of the issues that Gymnast would face when they are serious about the sport.

That's what I liked about it, too. I was never into gymnastics, but I had friends who were and I remember how much effort they put into it. They never got anywhere near the Olympics, but just thinking about how much time and dedication that would take....wow. And considering how young they are, that also means truly putting a career before things like puppy love and hanging out with friends.

#6 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I thought it was a really nice show. I liked the relationships and the bond between the girls. It was good to see them stick together and make their dreams come true, and I kept coming back back because I had to see if they would really make it to the Olympics!

#7 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

I hate to admit it, but I really liked this show and was sad to see it cancelled.  Yes, it was written for the younger crowd, but somehow it appealed to all ages.  I'm in my 50s and really enjoyed it.  It was refreshing to see the younger generation portrayed in a "positive" setting for a change - yes it dealt with some serious issues, like sex and eating disorders, but it was done from a considered and positive attitude.  I think it was good at conveying the message that it didn't matter if you came from a wealthy family or from the "wrong side of the tracks", you could still be successful, if you were willing to work hard and strive for the things you want.  I would love to see more programming like this on TV.