• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

My vote goes with The Sopranos as the worst. I hate, hate, hate it when an ending is left up to interpretation. I think it's a big cop-out :frawn . It's not my job as a viewer (or reader) to make up my own ending - I need closure, damnit!

#2 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

I anticipate that the series finale of Desperate Housewives tonight will be disappointing. The show has been pretty meh for at least two straight seasons now. I really think they should have let Bree kill herself a few episodes back...now THAT would have been shocking!

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I anticipate that the series finale of Desperate Housewives tonight will be disappointing. The show has been pretty meh for at least two straight seasons now. I really think they should have let Bree kill herself a few episodes back...now THAT would have been shocking!

That would have been a shocking but redundant IMO. They've killed too many main cast members in a short period of time and they've been no plane crash even!

Bree is not a copycat, she won't kill herself like Mary-Alice did. Tacky. I think she is still in that self-destructive phase though, she not trying to slit her wrist or sleeping with different men every night but she is throwing her life away by taking all the responsibility of the murder and cover up

#4 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I hope the DHW finale will be satisfying, but I have a feeling that it's going to be more like a season finale rather than a series finale. I would really hate that.

Most series finales that I've been disappointed in were for shows that were cancelled unexpectedly. Kyle XY is one example as well as Firefly, though they made a movie to tie that one up. Popular on the WB, too.

Most recently, The Secret Circle. I just found out last night that it's been canceled. It certainly wasn't great, but so many shows suck in the first season. I think it could have been great in future seasons once it got past the awkward first season.

#5 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

I don't much care for those series finales that don't quite give you the impression it's 100% over. I mean, there are finales where people go their separate ways and then there are those with one person left. You just know there's a spinoff somewhere when that happens.

#6 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Okay my worst finale ever would be Lost - I know it wasn't this year. The second for me would be Jericho! I hated how it ended! The third for me was Prison Break. I can't believe they killed him off in the end.

This year I have not been disappointed with anything yet.

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Lost is my most hated series finale. Not just disappointing, hated. It was pure HELL! Kate and Sawyer should have ended up together. I didn't like frozen faced Juliet in the least. Jack the hero didn't work for me. I preferred the utterly flawed characters like Sawyer and Sayid.

Her death was the most saddest moments in TV history but Jen's death on Dawson's Creek' was disappointing. I cry every time I watch her speech on youtube.

#8 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

Most recently, The Secret Circle. I just found out last night that it's been canceled. It certainly wasn't great, but so many shows suck in the first season. I think it could have been great in future seasons once it got past the awkward first season.

And just when I was getting up the courage to watch it too. I enjoy this kind of subject matter, not real keen on the demographics the show is aimed at though. Too many young people for my taste (I'm nearing 50).

#9 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I actually liked how The Sopranos ended! I thought it was perfect ... kind of left us able to interpret things how we want. I know it left questions, but I think that was the intention. We don't really know if Tony got shot or not (unless the creator at some point came out and said he did? I can't remember) but the way people were eyeing him in that restaurant, it certainly gave you the feeling that something was about to go down.

Man, I loved that show. I have been itching for weeks to sit down and just marathon the whole thing!

#10 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Okay my worst finale ever would be Lost - I know it wasn't this year. The second for me would be Jericho! I hated how it ended! The third for me was Prison Break. I can't believe they killed him off in the end.

This year I have not been disappointed with anything yet.

I was OK with how Jericho ended. My biggest disappointment there was that it ended at all :( What an amazing show it was!

I think the way they ended it, they left it open for possibly being picked up on another network. Sadly that didn't happen, but they intentionally left the story open.

I did hear not too long ago that it might get picked up for airing new episodes on Netflix. Not sure if that will come to pass though since it's been a while and all the actors are off working on other projects at this point in time.

#11 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

My vote goes with The Sopranos as the worst. I hate, hate, hate it when an ending is left up to interpretation. I think it's a big cop-out :frawn . It's not my job as a viewer (or reader) to make up my own ending - I need closure, damnit!

I will second this. I enjoyed the Sopranos, but that ending was ridiculousness. They kept us coming back season after season, but to have a show go out (not unexpectedness) and have no closure. Its the worst.

I understand for shows that leave you hanging that were cancelled, they didn't see it coming. but the Sopranos should have known better.

#12 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Terra Nova ended, period. No finale, which sucked. Make a dinosaur crash into the area or everyone get sucked into a vortex, but just cancel and no finale? It's a slap in the face to Terra Nova's fan base and there was one. UGH.

#13 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Chuck doesn't have a disappointing ending but I am just disappointed because it had ended. I wish the show went longer. They could pass on the intersect to maybe Jeff or Lester which will make the show more interesting.

#14 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Anybody here watch "The Closer?" The season finale is close and then "Major Crimes" takes over with many of the same people. I just wonder how they will wrap this up.

#15 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Anybody here watch "The Closer?" The season finale is close and then "Major Crimes" takes over with many of the same people. I just wonder how they will wrap this up.

Love The Closer! I'm a little disappointed that they are taking so much time to set up the Major Crimes spin-off in these last episodes. Hopefully the series finale will do the show justice. I am so sad to see Brenda go in any way!

#16 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Weeds...

I stated in another post that after the fire it went to shit, but the ending was awful. I guess it is a spoiler alert but not really...the last scene was them sitting on the steps talking. That's it. After 8 seasons (3 good ones and 5 shit ones) that is how you end it? I wish they would have gotten ambushed by the Mexican mob or something but to end it like that was ridiculous and so anticlimactic.

#17 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

For me, the most upsetting series finale was "The Event". The worst part of it was that you can tell just by the omega sized cliffhanger they left that there was meant to be more. But given the fact that NBC doesn't know how to keep a show these days, I should have expected the cancellation. It should be mandated for networks to give shows at least 2 seasons before they cancel or not. It's not fair to the viewers when they just cut things abruptly.

#18 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

"Angel". It ended when Angel, Illyria, and the others were about to do battle with the demon hordes. Terrible ending, a lot left unresolved.

#19 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

"Angel". It ended when Angel, Illyria, and the others were about to do battle with the demon hordes. Terrible ending, a lot left unresolved.

You know, I had forgotten all about that. Yeah, that ending was sort of a sure sign the show was canceled rather than simply ended. No creator in their right mind would leave that as a "finale"

#20 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

But they knew that season might've been their last. The writers should've redone the season finale accordingly to reflect that. Just in case.