• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I really liked it, but I'm not saying people who didn't are "wrong" or anything. I don't really think it was expected, though. Parts of it may have been a bit predictable, but the premise as a whole sort of materialized out of nowhere. Then again, so did the rest of the show.

#42 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Different shows deserve different endings, I think. You had to expect something strange after everything that happened on Lost. Shows like St. Elsewhere had endings that came out of nowhere, which is why I think those kinds of endings are so controversial. It's one thing to make people think or to surprise them, but that isn't enough in itself.

#43 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

On that note, Southland was canceled after a cliffhanger, making it a terrible finale. To their credit, they had no reason to believe that the show would be canceled. After all, canceling a great show with excellent ratings is probably the stupidest thing TNT has ever done.

#44 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

No, Lost's ending was a subsequent part of the show. Alternate universes aren't the same thing as an entire show being in someone's imagination or dream. Some people couldn't handle the philosophical implications of Lost's storyline, which is why the ratings dropped off in later seasons.

Lost's series finale was expected, but I can see why there was disappointment. I think when folks here the word "finale", they want something explosive and intense.

I agree...... we ALWAYS want something better.... maybe its because we really don't want it to end...

#45 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

No, Lost's ending was a subsequent part of the show. Alternate universes aren't the same thing as an entire show being in someone's imagination or dream. Some people couldn't handle the philosophical implications of Lost's storyline, which is why the ratings dropped off in later seasons.

Lost's series finale was expected, but I can see why there was disappointment. I think when folks here the word "finale", they want something explosive and intense.

I agree...... we ALWAYS want something better.... maybe its because we really don't want it to end...

I think some people accepted it was coming to an end. They just wanted a better ending. Something people would be talking about for years to come. Kind of like how "The Sopranos" concluded. It wasn't as shocking as people expected. So they labeled the finale a failure.

#46 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

In fairness its a lot to live up to. especially when they have had so many successful seasons prior. 

#47 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

St. Elsewhere is famous for its "Really writers? That's what you chose to do? THAT?" ending. There were several seasons of the show, a drama revolving around a hospital and its workers, and then on the last episode they decided to end it with the summary that the entire show was always just a hallucination/fantasy inside the head of an austistic boy who was staring at a snowglobe that contained a mini version of the hospital. Never in any other episode did anything elude to this. That's just how they decided to end it.

#48 That1Girl

That1Girl

Cordial

• 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

I was really ticked off with how "The Sopranos" ended, but once I had time to think about it, I kind of ended up loving the finale. It's not quite like the writers left anything unresolved; they just let each viewer decide for themselves what happened. People who had been loyal viewers got some *winks* from the writers to help the loyals figure it out.

#49 AyeManda

AyeManda

Cordial

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

The series finale of The Secret Life on ABC Family was horrible, to say the least.  It ended so suddenly, and didn't resolve any of the relationship drama.  It just....was over.  I literally checked my DVR afterwards because I thought that maybe I was watching the wrong episode, because there was no way that could have been the ending.  I think ABC Family robbed their viewers, after that many seasons, you owe fans a good finale. 

#50 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Roseanne's series finale is one that I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, I loved how it is revealed that the last season was a figment of Roseanne's imagination and part of her writing. Dan's death and Jackie becoming a lesbian were huge shockers and made the finale more memorable. The things I didn't like is how Becky ended up with David and Darlene married Mark, I liked the original pairings better. Also, they never addressed if Andy and Jerry really existed or if they were part of Roseanne's imagination.

#51 KaraFrakkingThrace

KaraFrakkingThrace

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

Most recently, The Borgias finale was a disappointment. As a season finale, it was perfectly good, but I guess they didn't find out the show was being cancelled until after it was written and filmed, because it left plots and characters hanging all over the place and was a pretty terrible series finale.

Of series finales that were intended to be series finales, Battlestar Galactica gets my vote.

Spoiler

Edited by KaraFrakkingThrace, 08 July 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#52 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

I hate when a show has a cliffhanger and the network cancels the series. It's unfair to the fans, because the end result is forever going to remain a mystery and the fans will be left wondering what happened. My Name is Earl is an example of a show that ended with a cliffhanger. Viewers learned that Earl was Dodge's father, however Darnell wasn't Earl Jr's father. I was anxious to see how the story would play out, but NBC had to go and cancel it.

#53 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

One that sticks out to me as a bad ending was the finale of "the Event". Granted, it wasn't meant to be the finale since the show was actually canceled.

But the cliffhanger the show left on was ridiculous. If tv shows could be kickstarted, that's one that needs it because for fans to be level with THAT level of cliffhanger is unfair

#54 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Probably the most disappointing series finale to me was Heroes. Granted, the series was cancelled but I still think it could have ended in a much better way. The 5th season was by far the worst but it showed signs that it could be improved. What's even worse was that it ended on a massive cliffhanger with the super powered citizens being revealed to the world.

#55 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

One season finale I absolutely remember I disliked was the ending of the WB series, Popular. They were building up to this big angle between two female characters, Brook and Nicole, who started to despise each other. The show pretty much ended with Brook leaving some public place, and while on the street, Nicole drives and runs her over with her car, leaving the show on a cliffhanger after only two seasons. It was just a horrible way to end it and not tell your viewers the rest of the story.

#56 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

Instead of a series finale I would say that Heroes' whole final season was such a let down. The show had been going downhill since season 1 no doubt, but it was still good and fun to watch till season 3.

I don't know what happened to them in season 4 but they really screwed it up bad. I really wished they could get another chance at it, but alas it's not happening atleast on TV. Their comics are coming soon, hopefully they would have a better plot.

#57 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I guess I can now add True Blood's recent 6th season finale to the disappointing list. This whole season was pretty average at best. It started out strong but like season 5 before it, kind of ended on a sour note. Still, the ending of the episode definitely sets up things to be interesting for season 7 but then again, I said the same thing about the ending of season 5 for season 6.

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

Instead of a series finale I would say that Heroes' whole final season was such a let down. The show had been going downhill since season 1 no doubt, but it was still good and fun to watch till season 3.

I don't know what happened to them in season 4 but they really screwed it up bad. I really wished they could get another chance at it, but alas it's not happening atleast on TV. Their comics are coming soon, hopefully they would have a better plot.

This was such a darn shame, because Heroes had the potential to be one of the best series ever, and they just completely failed in that last season. They had then promised to give fans a movie to wrap everything up, but that never came did it? I was just so chocked that a show with such a following tanked in the way that it did. I will never forgive them for it lol

#59 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Married With Children - although the only reason I am bringing it up was because it never got to have an official ending. They cancelled the show before giving the producers a chance to film a proper final season and final episode. I see it all the time now in syndication, they air back to back episodes every morning, and I would have always loved to see how they would have wrapped it up.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Breaking Bad season one's finale was not all that good, but then again the entirety of season one was not all that entertaining. I can't believe that so many people got past that first season to watch season two, three, four and five, which are really really good so far. If I hadn't known that it would get better, I would have stopped watching half way through season one.