• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

I love watching reruns...I watch King of Queens, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Seinfeld just about every day...I can't get sick of them!

#22 workhomeunion

workhomeunion

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

I just watched a repeat of the last episode of Dallas yesterday. Checked it out from Comcast On Demand. I didn't watch all of it, maybe 20 minutes are so. I've also watched a few repeat episodes of "Suits." I am looking forward to the new season of both programs, especially Suits.

I was not a fan of the original Dallas but the new one is OK. It's amazing how the writers come up with all that crazy drama, but they do a pretty good job. As odd as it is to believe, the type of drama we see on TV, that's fiction, actually goes on in the real world.

#23 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I was not a fan of the original Dallas but the new one is OK. It's amazing how the writers come up with all that crazy drama, but they do a pretty good job. As odd as it is to believe, the type of drama we see on TV, that's fiction, actually goes on in the real world.

I've never JR's eyebrows in real life :)

Dallass Thread

#24 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I don't mind watching reruns. But, only of shows I haven't seen in a very long time, not the current shows though. I usually take a break from shows for a few years. Then they are watchable again. I am currently re-watching Roseanne. I thought I was totally sick of them, but I didn't watch it for like 6 or 7 years. Now those old shows seem like brand new again.

#25 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I actually only watch repeats if I have to. Or if there's absolutely nothing else on the TV. Or if someone else puts it on and I'm only half paying attention.

I would much rather take the off season to watch shows I've never seen before instead. I'll go look up one that I meant to watch years ago and will catch up on all the seasons, for example.

#26 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Now that the season of repeats is upon us again, I have two questions:

Do you watch repeats you've already seen?

Which shows/episodes do you look forward to watching again?

Which would you rather stare at the bare wall than watch again?

When it comes to repeats and current shows, I almost never watch them. Most of the current shows don't have enough intrigue for me to be willing to go back to them. But then again, there aren't many shows I like in the first place.

#27 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I never watch reruns of shows unless they're old shows that are no longer on TV. I.E. "Buffy", "Angel", "Veronica Mars". But stuff like "True Blood" or "Nikita"? Nope.

#28 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Honestly, most of the repeats I watch are of old shows. And that's mainly because there are very few shows on today that make me feel they're worth watching once let alone twice or more.

#29 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Agreed. I won't even watch an episode of "The Walking Dead" twice unless I missed something in the first showing. Sometimes if I'm busy till 9:30, I'll catch the replay.

#30 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I love reruns especially of my beloved tv shows like Supernatural. I cannot get enough of watching the boys chase after demons and ghosts especially ghosts. I prefer watching the episodes where they have to catch a vengeful ghost or a supernatural creature like the wendigo or the vampire.

#31 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I like watching repeats. Because of my work schedule I often rely on the hope of seeing repeats to catch up on some shows I like. My new favorite is South Beach Tow on TruTV and Operation Repo. They are fairly new series but I love watching them. Bernice is my favorite character.

#32 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I love to watch reruns of shows that I haven't seen in awhile. In other words, programs that haven't been aired in awhile. If I loved the show a great deal, I might actually watch the reruns air again. But, recent programs that are still airing during the summer months. i will only watch reruns if its an episode that I missed during the season run or if its a show I usually don't watch in the fall, so I catch up on it then.

#33 mkcookin

mkcookin

Cordial

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I love watching repeats. Some of my favorite shows, are Burn Notice, Suits, Elementary, and Mentalist. Usually when one show is not playing anymore, another one will start back up. So all year long, I get to watch shows I enjoy.

#34 dethdealer24

dethdealer24

Cordial

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

I watch repeats all the time, especially in the mornings. That's how I got into Supernatural, by watching the repeats on TNT. I saw a few episodes and then started watching it on Netflix. repeats are a great way to get into shows that you may have overlooked at one point or another. Currently I watch a lot of smallville and Mentalist repeats, since I didn't watch either of the shows as they aired. Sadly, neither on of the shows is on Netflix, so I can't sit down and watch everything I missed in order, the way I did with Supernatural.

#35 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't watch repeats that I've already seen, I already know how it ends and what they say. I hate watching episodes I've already seen. 

During rerun season I just have to find a new series (or old series) that I've never seen before.

#36 Matthew

Matthew

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'll watch re-runs for Futurama, but for any other show, they are just annoying.  I've also found that they usually play 4-5 episodes over and over running them into the ground.  Like N87, I'd rather find a good replacement series until a new season comes out.

#37 4justice

4justice

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

When it comes to repeat shows, I've been watching the old Two and a Half Men and the Simpsons. And in both cases, I liked the older versions in comparison to the current versions. My only gripe is that neither are on Netflix. Which means I have to constantly wait for the syndication repeats.

Luckily, Futurama repeats are readily available on Netflix though. Shame that show is getting canceled in September though.

#38 LadyLuck7

LadyLuck7

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Now that the season of repeats is upon us again, I have two questions:

Do you watch repeats you've already seen?

Which shows/episodes do you look forward to watching again?

Which would you rather stare at the bare wall than watch again?

I do watch repeats that I have already seen. The reason for this is there is always something going on it seems when I try to watch a show. By watching repeats I can see things I missed, and I usually do miss a few things. When it comes to Criminal Minds or Vampire Diaries, I think i could watch it over and over again and never tire of it. I would rather stare at a blank wall or eat musty socks rather than watch repeats of the Simpsons. To me it was barely tolerable the first time around. Definitely not on my faves list of things to watch.

#39 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

I don't really have the patience to watch repeats anymore. Actually one of the things that  really irks me is when a channel runs a marathon of repeats of a show I normally record, and it fills up my whole DVR, wiping out any of the other shows on there that I wanted to watch.

#40 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I try to avoid reruns as much as possible. In general that's one of my major pet peeves with TV in general, is it's like Chinese water torture, playing the same damn commercials over and over and over again in one sitting. I will watch one show, and see the same commercial like 6 times before the show is finally over. It's like a blitzkrieg by whatever brand wants to hammer their commercial into my head. The other thing is when they show re-runs, they go on these 10 hour re-run marathons for days at a time, and it's just nuts.