• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Firstly I have to say that it very much depends on the content of the show that is repeating. if a show like Desperate Housewives is repeating then I tend not to watch it, because it is a mystery show and once he mystery is revealed there really isn't that much point in watching again. But if the show has elements of mystery in it and it is just epic like Dexter then I would watch the repeats. Sometimes you catch things that you missed the first time watching it.

#42 NatureSun

NatureSun

Friendly

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I do like watching repeats of some shows.

Mostly comedies are ones which are worth watching on repeat, as they're still pretty funny second time round. Shows like HIMYM etc. never get old for me.

Although most dramas aren't really worth watching again since they are plot/story oriented and no point seeing them since we already know what's gonna happen.

Of course there are exceptions to these too..for example I'll never watch Big Bang Theory repeats, they just suck. But I might watch Breaking Bad repeats or Mad Men repeats as they're awesome!

#43 Matthew

Matthew

Cordial

• 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Futurama is the only show I can watch repeats of.  I absolutely love the show and never get bored no matter how many times I watch it.  Howeverm if I try to watch any other repeats, I get bored and change it. 

#44 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

I like to watch some of The Biggest Loser repeats to pick on some of the tips that I had missed.

i watch SNL repeats because they are funny.

I like to catch all the Dance shows that I missed. 

#45 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

I do like watching repeats of some shows.

Mostly comedies are ones which are worth watching on repeat, as they're still pretty funny second time round. Shows like HIMYM etc. never get old for me.

Although most dramas aren't really worth watching again since they are plot/story oriented and no point seeing them since we already know what's gonna happen.

Of course there are exceptions to these too..for example I'll never watch Big Bang Theory repeats, they just suck. But I might watch Breaking Bad repeats or Mad Men repeats as they're awesome!

I hadn't thought about comedies. I don't have many comedies in my life, but when something makes me laugh I love it, and I am one to re-watch comedies, or things that make me laugh. Most TV shows do not make me laugh, but movies do. Certain movies, and I Ill re-watch those again, no problem.

#46 cpw

cpw

Cordial

• 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'm always a season or so behind in TV anyway, because we don't have cable, and use Netflix for all our shows. Though I'm not caught up on the current season of Mad Men, I'm probably going to re-watch the last season on Netflix again. (Season 5?) I loved it. That show has grown on me more with every season, and I feel like I miss a lot of the humor the first time I watch. I can tell I'm going to like it better after a re-watch.

#47 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

I am always a step behind when it comes to shows that I am watching also. I just store them all up and then watch them at my own leisure. I hate having to wait week to week for shows to air. I am impatient and watching a show from week to week ruins the flow of the story for me.

#48 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I like repeats of Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc. Those three shows never stop being funny to me, and there are enough of them out there that I often don't remember what happens in specific episodes so it's almost like they are new again.

But newer shows that are fresher in my mind (TVD, Supernatural, etc.) I normally don't watch the repeats.

I don't like Friends but I can watch reruns of Seinfeld and Futurama over and over again whenever they're on. I also like Monk reruns.

#49 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I like repeats of Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, etc. Those three shows never stop being funny to me, and there are enough of them out there that I often don't remember what happens in specific episodes so it's almost like they are new again.

But newer shows that are fresher in my mind (TVD, Supernatural, etc.) I normally don't watch the repeats.

I don't like Friends but I can watch reruns of Seinfeld and Futurama over and over again whenever they're on. I also like Monk reruns.

Oh my god, finally someone else that doesn't love friends lol. I mean, I have nothing at all against the show, but... it truly sucks. It is not funny to me in the slightest, and it is not like I haven't tried to like it either. I have watched episodes and haven't laughed once and I am pretty easy to make laugh. The show just isn't for me. I can watch shows like American Dad over and over though.

#50 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Oh my god, finally someone else that doesn't love friends lol. I mean, I have nothing at all against the show, but... it truly sucks. It is not funny to me in the slightest, and it is not like I haven't tried to like it either. I have watched episodes and haven't laughed once and I am pretty easy to make laugh. The show just isn't for me. I can watch shows like American Dad over and over though.

Wow I thought I was the only one who was not a fan of Friends. I mean I don't hate the show , if I can't find the remote I will watch it. There are a hand full a episodes that I fund funny but overall , I don't see what all the hype was about or why they paid the cast so well.

#51 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

Most of my friends have the Friends Box set. Like, they actually went out and looked for the Friends box set and they were so happy when they purchased it, whether it be online or offline. I don't resonate with any of the character either. I guess that group of friends just aren't my cup of tea :P

#52 jayant102

jayant102

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ah well it always surprises me when someone says they don't like Friends. I guess the show just connects with a few people in a way it doesn't with the others. I for one, can watch endless reruns of this show. Its no classic but its insanely entertaining and Matthew Perry is a comic genius as Chandler. I've probably watched the entire thing some 4-5 times.

#53 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

Don't get me wrong, repeats of some shows can be ok. But by the end of summer, I can't take them anymore. I feel like I have seen all of the shows a million times by the time summer is over. I know, get a hobby. But tv IS my hobby after all. 

#54 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sometimes I like to watch the YES channel repeats just to see how the Yankees are doing. Plus also to see what entertained  they have on there as well. When Paul Simon was on, I watched and re-watched it several times. I feel that I connect with Paul as a writer. 

I have also watched Yankees Manager Joe Girardi on the YES channel to learn what he thinks about his players and the team.

It will be nice to see more of Eugene Steinbrenner since his father passed.

#55 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I love almost all my favorite shows on reruns! The Housewives of anything (ATL, Orange County, New Jersey, New York, Beverly Hills) all the time. I always catch something on the episode that I did not recognize before. The Housewives that I would never watch again is Miami and DC, because they are a tad bit boring and not that interesting. I am from Miami and I wonder what these ladies are doing? I think they've picked the Spanish side of Miami only and forgot about the more elite areas. I would have loved to see a more wealthier side.

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ah well it always surprises me when someone says they don't like Friends. I guess the show just connects with a few people in a way it doesn't with the others. I for one, can watch endless reruns of this show. Its no classic but its insanely entertaining and Matthew Perry is a comic genius as Chandler. I've probably watched the entire thing some 4-5 times.

My sister and I are pretty much the same person. We are not twins, but we are very close and like a lot of the same things. But she loves friends and thinks that is is hilarious, where I just fail to see it. It is not funny. I have tried to find it funny, but it just isn't.

#57 wickedshizuku27

wickedshizuku27

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

When I was pregnant with my first child, nine years ago, I was put on mandatory bed rest at 5 months. I spent a miserable 4 months watching nothing but reruns. I finally finished watching: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Charmed. I was introduced to: ER, Law and Order, Judging Amy, NYPD Blue, and a few others that I might have never watched. 

I wasn't a television watcher, and still watch very little to this day. This is mostly due to commercials. I tend to shut the set down when they come on, even if I am interested in the show that's on. There are some shows that I hear about from friends. So my curiosity leads me to watching most of the show in one fell swoop On demand without the annoyance of ads.

Friends has been a recently introduced to me, and while it is funny, it isn't going to make me drop everything I'm doing just to watch it. It's usually better as a background noise for when you're doing dishes or folding laundry. 

Lately a few shows like The Antique Roadshow, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, and Duck Dynasty; have been really entertaining.

#58 squareeyes89

squareeyes89

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

I'm one of those people who finds it hard to watch repeats, even of my favorite shows, perhaps as I have an unusually good memory and so know exactly what it going to happen and which jokes are going to be said ahead of time. To me life is short and I'd rather watch a new story than one I already know.

#59 wickedshizuku27

wickedshizuku27

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm one of those people who finds it hard to watch repeats, even of my favorite shows, perhaps as I have an unusually good memory and so know exactly what it going to happen and which jokes are going to be said ahead of time. To me life is short and I'd rather watch a new story than one I already know.

That's a really good point that you make. I tend to have the same problem though every once in a blue moon it can be entertaining to watch something you haven't in years. A few nights ago, my husband and I watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and I swear it was so much fun just having that bonding time.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

When I was pregnant with my first child, nine years ago, I was put on mandatory bed rest at 5 months. I spent a miserable 4 months watching nothing but reruns. I finally finished watching: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Charmed. I was introduced to: ER, Law and Order, Judging Amy, NYPD Blue, and a few others that I might have never watched. 

I wasn't a television watcher, and still watch very little to this day. This is mostly due to commercials. I tend to shut the set down when they come on, even if I am interested in the show that's on. There are some shows that I hear about from friends. So my curiosity leads me to watching most of the show in one fell swoop On demand without the annoyance of ads.

Friends has been a recently introduced to me, and while it is funny, it isn't going to make me drop everything I'm doing just to watch it. It's usually better as a background noise for when you're doing dishes or folding laundry. 

Lately a few shows like The Antique Roadshow, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, and Duck Dynasty; have been really entertaining.

I can definitely agree that a show like Friends is background noise/television - definitely a show that you write the next chapter of your story too, whilst it plays quietly in the background or something. Shows like Charmed though? Those shows are shows that you have to pay attention to, and even watching the series again I still have to pay attention. It is amazing how much you can forget about a series that you have already watched.