• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

I know nothing of Justin Hartley, but Stephen Amell was on Vampire Diaries as Brady and was particularly fine (though very douche and torturous to the beloved Vampire Barbie). I'm definitely gonna check this out.

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

I have been anticipating this for a while but I am nervous that it will try to appeal to the tweens too much and lose any allure the Green Arrow could really have. I will check it out but I already can say that I don't have high hopes for it.

I hope it isn't the case but being that it is a CW show, it is very very likely

If it is anything like Smallville in the early seasons, I'll like it

It's actually gotten some buzz though as being one of the best new pilots this season....for a CW show, that's huge.

Next week can't come fast enough. Because yes, I have seen the 6 pack. Though not from as close up as I'd like wub

#3 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I finally got to read today's newspaper. They had an article on Arrow in the entertainment section and hear this

Apparently Oliver was having an inappropriate affair with Laurel's sister.

Can my couple have one season before that kind of angst tears them apart? :frawn

Nope this is the CW.

Though I have to say, I am annoyed too

once again, a sibling is f'ing up another sibling's world by screwing their significant other! Enough CW. In real life, siblings do not share lovers.

#4 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Coming this Fall on Wednesdays at 8PM

Posted Image

Official Description
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island.

While Oliver hides the truth about the man he’s become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory.

By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be – flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle – while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel’s father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city.

Meanwhile, Oliver’s own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.

Arrow Wiki Page

#5 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Too bad Justin Hartley is not playing Oliver but I love Katie Cassidy. Bonus point, no Allison Mack. Some of her fans were batshit nutjobs

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Love Katie Cassidy since her days as Ruby. Loved her on Gossip Girl. Really looking forward to Green Arrow

Too bad Justin Hartley is not playing Oliver but I love Katie Cassidy. Bonus point, no Allison Mack. Some of her fans were batshit nutjobs

Hey, Chloe IS Lois. The writers made a mistake :lol

#7 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hey, Chloe IS Lois. The writers made a mistake :lol

They were so obnoxious. I hate Lois but they made me root for her

Chloe was the messiah to hear some of them

#8 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Don't make fun of Chlois! - They were going to happen. There is a 1000+ plus pages worth of speculation saying just that.

It is amazing how everyone come away with different perception. I wanted Smallville for years and never once got the impression Chloe was Lois

#9 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

CW - First Preview of Arrow

http://www.youtube.com/v/VpFobB8EpKQ

#10 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Why is he breaking into his own property. Crazy

From 0.55 *Dead*

#11 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

I know nothing of Justin Hartley, but Stephen Amell was on Vampire Diaries as Brady and was particularly fine (though very douche and torturous to the beloved Vampire Barbie). I'm definitely gonna check this out.

I forgive him for torturing Caro

Did you see that six pack? Yes, all is forgiven

#12 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I have been anticipating this for a while but I am nervous that it will try to appeal to the tweens too much and lose any allure the Green Arrow could really have. I will check it out but I already can say that I don't have high hopes for it.

#13 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

#14 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Pilot Promo Pictures

#15 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

The network has changed a lot since then and the shows they produce now really don't aim for an older demographic (like 21-34) and will stick to the tweens and just barely college-age demographics. Yet the shows they play on repeat like King of Queens and Rules of Engagement do appeal to that demographic. It is just weird.

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Honor Thy Father Promo Pics

My new avatar

Posted Image

#17 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

We are shipping Oliver and Laurel?

I am down with it

#18 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

I finally got to read today's newspaper. They had an article on Arrow in the entertainment section and I have to bitch

Don't like the sister bit <_<

Apparently Oliver was having an inappropriate affair with Laurel's sister.

Can my couple have one season before that kind of angst? This is very heavy. I don't know how Laurel can take him back and keep her dignity. Ugh

#19 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

A show about a billionaire with chiseled abs.

What's there not to like!

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

Move over Elena Gilbert, I've found my new girl crush!

Loved loved Laurel in the pilot

Oliver IS hot and he has sick sick abs