• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

I have no info yet but I wanted to start this thread before someone beats me to it lol

I'll tell you something about it. Gimme a minute ... or a day

Posted Image

CW Description

Detective Catherine Chandler (Kreuk) is a smart, no-nonsense homicide detective. Several years earlier, Catherine witnessed the murder of her mother at the hands of two gunmen. Catherine would have been killed too, but someone -- or something -- saved her. No one has ever believed her, but she knows it wasn't an animal that attacked the assassins...it was human. Years have passed, and Catherine is a strong, confident, capable police officer, working alongside her equally talented partner, Tess (Nina Lisandrello). While investigating a murder, Catherine discovers a clue that leads her to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller (Ryan), who was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Catherine learns that Vincent is actually still alive and that it was he who saved her many years before. For mysterious reasons that have forced him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years to guard his secret -- when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Catherine agrees to protect his identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother's murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Catherine and Vincent, who are powerfully drawn to each other yet understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

At the CW Upfronts

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=3ftup.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

#3 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

I really like the description of KK's character. She sounds like someone I'll like rooting for. I hope she has the acting chops to pull it off

The Beast is PRETTY. Only on the CW lol. I am already in love with Vincent!

#4 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

Beauty and the Beast - Attack Clip

http://www.youtube.com/v/FWR685KffUA

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

The plot and preview reminds me a little bit of Street Fighter, did anyone see it? kristin kreuk kicked ass. Literally. She looks to be in top shape when this pilot was shot. I am really looking forward to this show.

Here is a threat for starting the thread

Posted Image

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

She is so freaking hot!

I am praying fans receive her character well this time around. They were brutal to Lana and to an extend Kristen herself during Smallville. It was terrible for me as a Lana fan, I can't imagine what it must have been like for Kristen herself

I LOVED the clip. September can't get here soon enough

#7 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone remember from 1987-1990 the TV show "Beauty and the Beast"? It starred Linda Hamilton (Terminator) and Ron Perlman (Hellboys). He played as Vincent the Beast, a kind of lion kissed human living in the sewers of New York and Linda Hamilton played the beauty (obviously) a crusading District Attorney assistant. They fall in love and of course he must visit her under the cover of darkness like a ninja so that he's not spotted. It ran for awhile. When I saw the promos, I wondered if this was going to be more of the same. Same story, different actors. We'll have to keep an eye on this one.

#8 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I'm gonna have to put this on my list of shows to watch this fall. When I saw the word detective, I was like meh... I generally steer clear of any crime dramas as it's just not my thing. I've tried, trust me. But this looks like it'll be quite a bit more than your average crime drama. I love the story of Beauty and the Beast. The Disney cartoon is one of my favorite movies of all time!

#9 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

It is a CW show, if I see them doing any detective work, I'll faint in shock.

#10 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Does anyone remember from 1987-1990 the TV show "Beauty and the Beast"? It starred Linda Hamilton (Terminator) and Ron Perlman (Hellboys). He played as Vincent the Beast, a kind of lion kissed human living in the sewers of New York and Linda Hamilton played the beauty (obviously) a crusading District Attorney assistant. They fall in love and of course he must visit her under the cover of darkness like a ninja so that he's not spotted. It ran for awhile. When I saw the promos, I wondered if this was going to be more of the same. Same story, different actors. We'll have to keep an eye on this one.

I remember the original TV show, tvFool! I initially thought that's what this thread was about. I can't remember if Linda played Catherine before she was in the Terminator. I think she did. They used to meet in a sewer, didn't they, and I think they ended up having a child. Can't remember - was over a decade ago. I want to watch the new version to see what it's like - see how it compares.

#11 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

He's awfully pretty for a beast, but I won't complain. ;) Beauty and the Beast was always a favorite of mine and I like crime dramas too, so this sounds like a good show for me!

#12 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Kreuk has never really had any issues with her body as far as I remember, she seemed fine with the last few episodes of Smallville that she was in. I have caught a few quick commercials but nothing major has hit our area yet to start advertising for it, when does it air other than "fall"? I want to get the DVR ready.

#13 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

It is a CW show, if I see them doing any detective work, I'll faint in shock.

:lol :lol Excellent point! Gotta admit, the "Scooby Gang" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer were pretty good sleuths.

Kreuk has never really had any issues with her body as far as I remember, she seemed fine with the last few episodes of Smallville that she was in. I have caught a few quick commercials but nothing major has hit our area yet to start advertising for it, when does it air other than "fall"? I want to get the DVR ready.

I just went through the fall premieres aside from ABC which hasn't been released as of yesterday. Beauty and the Beast will premiere right after the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries on October 11, TVD @ 8pm est and Beauty and the Beast @ 9pm.

I'm still looking forward to it and I'm hoping I can add it to my fall lineup!

#14 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Not until October? That stinks. I admit I don't watch many CW shows. This one looks really interesting. I hope fans like it enough to keep it around. Thanks for adding a new show to my "must watch" list.

#15 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

I'm going to give this show a try - but really, I'm kinda disappointed in the beastliness of the "Beast" -- a scar and a growl doesn't really make one a beast, does it? Hmmm.

#16 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm going to give this show a try - but really, I'm kinda disappointed in the beastliness of the "Beast" -- a scar and a growl doesn't really make one a beast, does it? Hmmm.

I am disappointed too, early reviews have been unfavorable :frawn

#17 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I have a feeling this show won't make it to season two. But, I will give it a fair chance.

But just look at him! He's WAY too pretty.

Posted Image

#18 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

It is the CW, they'll renew it if ten people tune in

#19 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Ha! Not true - they canceled The Secret Circle. And let me just say - thank God. :P

#20 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ha! Not true - they canceled The Secret Circle. And let me just say - thank God. :P

You got me there

I was thinking of Smallville

I like KK enough, I hope they took the reviews of the pilot to heart and beef up the writing