• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, I used to be a faithful watcher as well. Now, Chelsea is all buddy buddy with Hollywood and she's not as biting and fun. I'll catch her if she has a good guest, but otherwise, whatevs.

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Chelsea did hate on Angelina before she even met Jen. But yeah, after they became good pals, she should have stopped really talking about it. Though maybe Jen thinks it's funny -- she can't say it in public, so she's amused when her friend did. Regardless, I would have been like STOP.

People will not let go of the Jen/Brad/Angelina triangle. I'm Team Jen too.

#3 Autlia22

Autlia22

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've tried to be hip enough to catch on to this show, but I just don't know. I don't mind potty mouthing so much, but juvenile, bitchy potty mouthing may be more than I can take. Every now and then I try to get with it and watch this, but Chelsea's putdowns turn me off, and her panel seems to have no sense of humor at all.

I do find the Chelsea After show interesting though, the show that follows after Chelsea Lately about what goes on half an hour before that episode of Chelsea Lately occurred. The pre-show silliness can be funny.

What do you think?

#4 CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm with you, Autlia. I've tried to like her and I've even heard her say some funny things, but overall she gets on my nerves. I think you hit the nail on the head when you called her juvenile.

#5 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

This show doesn't even remotely sound familiar. I don't know if it's a cable show or one in which is shown in certain places in USA or just like in UK/Australia. What's the show about or does anyone have a URL for me to check out?

#6 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Chelsea Lately comes on the E! Network, M-Th at 11pm.

I used to watch Chelsea Lately faithfully back when she used to call Speidi, Herpes 1 and Herpes 2, lol! I don't watch her so much now because she's always mugging the camera, the Chuy jokes are played out, and the only panelist I enjoy watching is Ross Mathews, and I can only watch him in doses.

#7 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I am team Aniston all the way but I dislike her Angie hate. It reeks.

it makes Jen look bad by association since they are such good friends and all

#8 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

My parents love Chelsea Lately and they tried to get me into it, but I just don't get it. I don't think she is that funny and juvenile is a great word to describe her.

#9 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

I didn't know she had a hate on for Angelina before she became good friends with Jen.

Though maybe Jen thinks it's funny -- she can't say it in public, so she's amused when her friend did. Regardless, I would have been like STOP

Exactly why Jen should have told her to knock it off, people will think she is Jen's mouthpiece though she's been bashing Angie way before they became friends. But then again, Jen can't tell her how to do her job

I'm Team Jen too.

Of course you are!

#10 Techy855

Techy855

Cordial

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have never been a big fan of the show. Her sense of humor just grates on me, and it feels like she goes for the "cheap joke" way to often.

#11 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

This has been one of my favorite shows on TV ever since it first aired. In fact I used to watch her prior show, The Chelsea Handler show religiously as well. This is how I usually wind down my days, curl up on the couch with a cocktail or two and laugh my ass off over the her and the panel ragging on everyone. Loni Love is one of my favorite comedians that she has on the show.

#12 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am team Aniston all the way but I dislike her Angie hate. It reeks.

it makes Jen look bad by association since they are such good friends and all

Why wouldn't she hate? If you were married, and your husband leaves you to be with another women that blatantly knows you are married to, are you saying you would be her pal and have nothing but nice things to say about her? Come on.... Angie is a hoe no matter how many foreign babies she has adopted. What reeks is getting involved with a man that you know is married. 

#13 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

I will say though I am getting a little concerned about the show. It seems like they've been taking a lot of breaks lately. There have been a lot of reruns, every Friday is a rerun now, and Chelsea herself has been off the show a lot. They've even had the Kardashians, as well as Kris, and even Lindsay Lohan hosting the show. Seriously Chelsea? I heard she renewed it through 2014, but I hope she's not throwing in the towel on the show.

#14 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Did anyone watch last night's episode? She had the guy from the Catfish TV show on and it got really awkward. At one point she just flat out asked him if he was transgendered and gay. She's been doing this a lot lately - just bluntly asking people their sexual orientation on air. It just seemed really rude of her to do that, and he obviously looked a little confused as to how to answer her. Then she kept going on about how she thought he had feminine features and looked like a woman. This poor guy is straight and she's ragging on him like that. I almost wanted to turn the TV off.

#15 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Did anyone watch last night's episode? She had the guy from the Catfish TV show on and it got really awkward. At one point she just flat out asked him if he was transgendered and gay. She's been doing this a lot lately - just bluntly asking people their sexual orientation on air. It just seemed really rude of her to do that, and he obviously looked a little confused as to how to answer her. Then she kept going on about how she thought he had feminine features and looked like a woman. This poor guy is straight and she's ragging on him like that. I almost wanted to turn the TV off.

I can't believe that Chelsea said that to him! Oh no wait, you are talking about Chelsea Handler so nothing really shocks me about her. The part that gets me with her is that she says the most outrageous off the wall things and can't really take it being done to her. I wonder if she speaks to her guess before she embarrasses them? Even though she can be a little rude, I enjoy watching because of Chewy. Chewy can definitely hold his own when it comes to Chelsea!

#16 TABL

TABL

Cordial

• 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I used to like this show.  It was very funny, she can be a funny lady!  But yeah, I don't get the rudeness and I don't like it.  You don't need to put people down to make yourself look better.  Didn't she ever learn that?

#17 mylyric

mylyric

Cordial

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

I used to like this show.  It was very funny, she can be a funny lady!  But yeah, I don't get the rudeness and I don't like it.  You don't need to put people down to make yourself look better.  Didn't she ever learn that?

I think she has a disclaimer that she says to all the guest before the come on her show. She may even put in in writing so she won't get sued. I think I watch Chelsea more in disbelief that this is still on the air and she has not received threats yet. 

#18 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think it's because she has a "I don't give a f" attitude, and already airs all her own dirty laundry herself that nobody can really blackmail her with any dirt in retaliation. She's very open about everything she does, and she gets paid very well to talk about it, so it's a best of both worlds. I mean, if Sandra Bullock was photographed stumbling out of a bar drunk as hell with her clothes falling off and white powder on her nose, it would be all over the news. If if was Chelsea Handler, nobody would be shocked and her fans would continue to support her. There would be no "scandal" to play up.

Same goes with Chewy, he's had a checkered past, so in comparison anything he is doing on the show is tame, and if anything it looks like he is pursuing a more reputable career in the process and getting his life back on track.

#19 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

I think it's because she has a "I don't give a f" attitude, and already airs all her own dirty laundry herself that nobody can really blackmail her with any dirt in retaliation. She's very open about everything she does, and she gets paid very well to talk about it, so it's a best of both worlds. I mean, if Sandra Bullock was photographed stumbling out of a bar drunk as hell with her clothes falling off and white powder on her nose, it would be all over the news. If if was Chelsea Handler, nobody would be shocked and her fans would continue to support her. There would be no "scandal" to play up.

Same goes with Chewy, he's had a checkered past, so in comparison anything he is doing on the show is tame, and if anything it looks like he is pursuing a more reputable career in the process and getting his life back on track.

That is all very good and well, but to be putting people down in the way that she does?? I have done similar things in the past. I am very open. So if I want to get someone back by putting them out there for certain stuff I often have, but I would never do it on television. And I never do it to boost myself.

#20 STEPHiE08

STEPHiE08

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

I used to think Chelsea was funny, but now I avoid watching her show. She is not funny to me. I hate how racist she is & Chuy creeps me out. I don't think he's cute and I have no clue what they thought bringing him on. It's sad he thinks he is funny but people are laughing at him, not WITH him...