• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Supernatural comes back this Friday (March 16th) -- finally!!

I started watching this show late, so I didn't really mind any of the females everyone hates: Bella (much better than on TVD), Jo (was too young for Dean but didn't hate her) or Ruby (both versions were pretty fun).

#2 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

So did anyone catch last night's episode? I thought it was great!! It was also my first chance to do a recap for the site NoWhiteNoise so if you're looking for something to read check it out.

Born Again Identity Recap

Yup, shameless self promotion.

#3 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

So did anyone catch last night's episode? I thought it was great!! It was also my first chance to do a recap for the site NoWhiteNoise so if you're looking for something to read check it out.

[color=#5A70B3]Born Again Identity Recap[/color]

I am a HUGE fan of Shameless people!

I loved the recap, makes me wanna watch and I haven't in years. Since the death of Ruby, I can be too much of a fangirl

Thank you!! I hope you'll come back (Gen as Ruby too -- now that she's got the baby, that's probably gonna be home base for another year. Give the girl a job!). I am slightly nervous about it. I'm newer to the fandom and my marathon viewing left me with more optimism than some of the fandom has. So fingers crossed. I still gotta check out your Shameless show. :)

#4 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep[color=#5A70B3]Born Again Identity Recap[/color]

Thank you!! I hope you'll come back (Gen as Ruby too -- now that she's got the baby, that's probably gonna be home base for another year. Give the girl a job!). I am slightly nervous about it. I'm newer to the fandom and my marathon viewing left me with more optimism than some of the fandom has. So fingers crossed. I still gotta check out your Shameless show. :)

Shameless, the show that started it all

Going by your first recap, you'll do just fine. I just hope the fandom don't down't jump down your throat for a perceive slight. Most recappers catch hell for repeating exactly what aired.

Really? All the TVD ones I read do it that why (cept for Thomas or Price Peterson)... It's the Television Without Pity Way. Do you have any links to things better received?

#5 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Is this your first recap? It is very good

I think what Wendy means is that you could catch hell even if you recap it word for word. You can't please everyone no matter what

Thanks!! It was my first one, yes. I'm also going to be covering Suburgatory for NoWhiteNoise. I think I may play with the format as I go along, but we'll see.

#6 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I think what Wendy means is that you could catch hell even if you recap it word for word. You can't please everyone no matter what

Thanks!! It was my first one, yes. I'm also going to be covering Suburgatory for NoWhiteNoise. I think I may play with the format as I go along, but we'll see.

Wow, it reads like that of a pro. If I didn't read that it was your first recap I would not have guessed.

Great job :)

Thank you!! :)

#7 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

So did anyone watch tonight's episode?

I've still gotta write my recap, but my main thoughts are: 1) that little girl was nuts choosing the sock puppet to talk to when Dean was right there and 2) BOBBY

#8 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Supernatural fans...where are you? Come play with us!!

Anyway, everyone I know basically adored this episode besides me! :( I mean, it was good, but I just couldn't make myself care about Shojo (I was glad to see Garth back) with all that happened last week! I did another recap for NoWhiteNoise -- if you're looking for something to read during work, come and read me!

[color=#5A70B3]Party On, Garth - A Shojo Haze[/color]

#9 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Anyway, everyone I know basically adored this episode besides me! :( I mean, it was good, but I just couldn't make myself care about Shojo (I was glad to see Garth back) with all that happened last week! I did another recap for NoWhiteNoise -- if you're looking for something to read during work, come and read me!

Most people feel dissatisfied with shows no matter what by the the time they hit season 5, it is great for Supernatural fans if they love the show at this point

Great recap again. I don't even have to watch :P

Very true, it's hard to keep people interested the longer they're on the air.

Thank you so much for reading!! :) I'm glad you're enjoying them (esp. if you're not watching, it makes me feel witty).

#10 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Does anyone know when Supernatural will have new episodes again? I have been waiting for 3 weeks to see something new and it hasn't come yet. I am starting to get upset.

#11 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Welcome to Real MrsWinchester

I don't know when they return with new episodes, I'm the barge and have been since the new writing team took over.

It was upsetting being a Supernatural fan, the fandom was brutal for this Sam fan. I love both boys but I leaned more towards Sam Winchester. He and Katie Cassidy's Ruby were sinfully hot!

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ruby was my girl!!!!!!

The fandom hated her, like seriously HATED her but not me. I even embraced the recast. I knew Genevieve(sp?) from that ABCF show called Wildfire and liked her in it very much so the change wasn't all that jarring to me. Katie may have originated the role but Genevieve made a believable Ruby.

I used to secretly ship Ruby and Dean until Genie took over, Katie and Jensen had mad chemistry. It felt like they have the hots for each other thus their arguing all the time.

I about died when they flashbacked to what Sam had been doing, who Sam's been doing, whilst Dean was in hell. RUBY, the she-devil. It was wrong as hell making it even hotter

I not partial to one of the brothers over the other. Loved them both.

#13 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yay for Bella hate, backstabbing bitch.

I doubted the actress was British for the longest time. She sounds that awful

#14 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

I watched the first or second season before something else caught my eye and time passed. I seem to recall these episodes weren't the kind that required a tune back in to get the rest of the story type; has that changed? Last I left off one of the 2 main male characters was learning about his father. I caught one episode since regarding a church possession of some sort. I like this sort of show, so as soon as I can think of it to catch it online or not get sideswiped when it airs at night, I really need to tune back in.

#15 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I am totally a Dean fan! He is my favorite. I hated Ruby (both versions) because she came between the brothers and I knew from the start she was nothing but trouble. Last weeks episode was interesting to say the least. Do you guys really believe what the Leviathan said about researching cancer? From the previews of next week we will be seeing Cass again! Now if they could just bring back Bobby my life would be complete.

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

I loved the recap, makes me wanna watch and I haven't in years. Since the death of Ruby, I can be too much of a fangirl

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Shameless, the show that started it all

Going by your first recap, you'll do just fine. I just hope the fandom don't down't jump down your throat for a perceive slight. Most recappers catch hell for repeating exactly what aired.

#18 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

#19 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wow, it reads like that of a pro. If I didn't read that it was your first recap I would not have guessed.

Great job :)

#20 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Most people feel dissatisfied with shows no matter what by the the time they hit season 5, it is great for Supernatural fans if they love the show at this point

Great recap again. I don't even have to watch :P