• Please log in to reply
527 replies to this topic

#21 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Jenna looks like an alien without her glasses. I love when she plays vulnerable. Coleen was great! She tugged at my heart strings but I don't buy her poor me act.

Spencer's family is really screwed up. Melissa is a horrible sister and their mother is not that much of a mother either. At least not to Spencer

Emily and Caleb are useless. I don't know what he is still doing on the show but I'd like to see Emily integrated more with the the Lairs.

Looks like you got your wish! That was an episode ago, though. I just caught up with PLL last night. I'm kinda meh about this season, but it might be because I'm reading the books finally. They're SO MUCH better than the show! Very adult, not really something for young teens unless you don't mind them reading f-bombs and sexual situations and a bit of violence. I'm not a super strict mom about things like this so I'd probably let my girls read them at 16ish.

I'm not sure how much longer this show can drag it out. The books are great at it, but they're books. "Who is A?" in Pretty Little Liars is like "Who is the mom?" in How I Met Your Mother. Hopefully they can hook me again because I'm just getting tired of the same stuff. Sure, they can't just discover who A is and keep going, but they're not really making it interesting to watch in the meantime.

#22 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

The cast at Teen Choice Awards

Spoiler: click to toggle

#23 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Missing Toby ^^

Totally with you on this season BonnyC. I watch but I don't retain anything from it to discuss afterwards. This season have dragging along in a really bad way.. Some plots need to end, Mona's should have. I don't like the visits to the mental institution. I am done with the A storyline

Could be why I like Eli's blind dates. I missed when Aria's father moved out for good but its fine, I don't miss him

#24 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Are Hanna and Caleb over for good? I'll happily watch if they are. I just, something about the actor turned me way off

Aria and her mother are not as adorable as Hanna and her mom but I love when they are being friendly to one another. The relationship between the Liars and their families is the foundation of the show. Well their friendship is but the familial ones is a close contender

#25 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

She and Caleb are over. I don't know how long it'll last but I haven't seen him on the show since they broke up

#26 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

I hope they stay broken up, I've never been a Caleb fan. What is up with his hair? It's always so frizzy!!

I'm still trying to stick with PLL, but it's hard. Especially since I started reading the books, they're amazing. I'm on Stunning which is the most recent one. I'm still enjoying them a lot, but I'm pretty sick of A and I'd like to see the story wrapped up in the books, as well.

The show and the books are a million miles apart. Other than the first couple of books and bits and pieces of the story line, they didn't follow the books at all.

#27 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Tell me about endgames in the books Bonny. Hide it in spoiler bars so we don't ruin it for others. I watch this show for the ships and fashion, I want to know if the books support my ships lol

Spencer got a B in Physics. A B!

Aria and Ezra bore me so I FF them. I hope he doesn't have a child out there

Hanna and Wren sitting in a tree ....

#28 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

I could get aboard the Hanna and Wren ship too but she is spouting nonsense such as best friend's don't date their best friend's ex. Wren and Spencer were not an item Hanna. And Caleb is still in the picture anyway. They are pretending they are not together

Gotta love Spencer. Her horror that A is messing with her grades was hilarious and so like her

Emily is so wishy washy. She has feelings for both the cousin and whatsherfacel? Maya just died

#29 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Emily is useless.

I know Hanna and Caleb are fronting, I am ignoring it. Wren and Hanna were so adorable in the end. I hope she chops more carrots in the future :P

#30 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

I want Emily to die like last season. She is such a drag

I am guessing Ezra knows Aria went to see the ex. He is acting too weird

Caleb and Hanna. Ew

I'll have nightmares about Spencer's brush with death. That scene with the snake was disturbing as hell

#31 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Caleb and Hanna. Ew

Are they out in the open now? I hoped Hanna will fall for Wren but she is a typical teenager. He is older, wiser, richer and tidier than Caleb so naturally he repels her

#32 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

I don't know why Aria couldn't have just let the situation with Maggie go. Now, she has another secret to keep from Ezra. Meanwhile, who do you think will be revealed as being Maya's killer? I haven't read the book, so I don't know if the show is following them or not, but I can't wait for next week's episode!

#33 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

I don't know why Aria couldn't have just let the situation with Maggie go. Now, she has another secret to keep from Ezra. Meanwhile, who do you think will be revealed as being Maya's killer? I haven't read the book, so I don't know if the show is following them or not, but I can't wait for next week's episode!

Aria is an immature twit. That is why. It was pretty depressing how Ezra asked their opinion about a movie and they had no clue what it was due to their ages and he went "I figure" Date people your own age Erza

Maya's killer is one of A's minions. They won't reveal her till kingdom come

I can't wait for next week either. Maybe Emily will die :D

#34 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Aria is an immature twit. That is why. It was pretty depressing how Ezra asked their opinion about a movie and they had no clue what it was due to their ages and he went "I figure" Date people your own age Erza

Maya's killer is one of A's minions. They won't reveal her till kingdom come

I can't wait for next week either. Maybe Emily will die :D

I thought the previews said that Maya's killer (not Allison's) would be revealed for the finale? I saw on The Vampire Diaries Facebook page that the actor who plays Wren is going to be on that show as a vampire. I keep wondering if he is going to exit the show (as the killer) or if he is going to do double duty between the two.

#35 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

No way re; Wren lol

I'll rather it Ezra or better yet the greasy one, Caleb

#36 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Oh geez, Wendy, you want the book spoilers? :lol well, some of it may be used in the show later on so be warned!

#37 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks Bonny. Based on the above I am glad they departed from the books

#38 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

This is one of those instances where the books and show are extremely different, but it's not a bad thing. Like True Blood and TVD.

#39 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

How many times is Emily going to be angry. It seems she's spent the whole season mad to someone or making out with boys and girls alike

You guys will be happy to know that Toby is back in town. Sweet reunion between Toby and Spencer. HOT

I knew Ezra's babymomma was going to crash Ezra and Aria's party

#40 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Spencer and Toby were bittersweet.

I hate the tease. Kill Emily show.

Caleb made it :-(

These girls should stop engaging the anonymous calls

OMG noooooooooooooooooooo!