136 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Well, it happened more or less the same way in the show and the books. His master, Lorena, basically commanded it of him if I recall correctly. And they can't disobey that. Still, meh. Bill's boring, clingy and overprotective. Eric's also overprotective, but he's prettier so he wins. wub

I thought it was Sophie Ann in the books as well...

And yes, Eric wins because he's prettier :D

I agree Eric wins because he's prettier. And by winning, he deserves someone FAR superior to Sookie. :P

#2 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

https://encrypted-tb...dTPluO0k6uzvw3K https://encrypted-tb...T0OF2NVK-ZF7CXQ https://encrypted-tb...rSS0ing1fiHW6Qy

#3 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

East coasters! Less than 15 minutes until the premiere of season five. Who's excited for "Turn! Turn! Turn!"?

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

East coasters! Less than 15 minutes until the premiere of season five. Who's excited for "Turn! Turn! Turn!"?

I am watching the Tony awards, I'll watch True Blood on DVR tomorrow.

Gotta watch Mad Men at 10!

#5 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Summer's here!!!!! It's not officially summer to me until True Blood starts :lol

I loved the episode. My husband said it went slowly to him, but I think it was because we re-watched the season 4 finale first. I thought the pace was just fine and I am enjoying the story so far.

I knew Tara probably wasn't leaving the show, but I can't BELIEVE they made her a vamp! She's such a pissed off individual anyway, this is gonna be a disaster. And she's gonna be soooooooooooooooooooo mad at Sookeh and Lafayette. Sorry, I call her Sookeh like Bill does sometimes.

#6 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I think this season is going to be awesome. I like that Tara is turned - it might help me like her more, LOL. How jealous were y'all of Nora?

#7 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

n/m - double post!

#8 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

I don't know about Tara. She grated my nerves when she was a pissed off human, now she will annoy me even more as a pissed off vampire. What's going to piss off Tara more, being a vamp or knowing Pam is her maker? Speaking of Pam, she was on fire with the one-liners.

#9 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

A recap of the episode has been posted on the Real TV review site if y'all are interested: Real TV Reviews

#10 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

A recap of the episode has been posted on the Real TV review site if y'all are interested: Real TV Reviews

Thanks! I don't have to watch now

Tara is a walking ball of anger. It is a wonder she's not exploded by now

#11 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I loved the first episode! It just goes to show that True Blood is as good as ever!!! I actually think this episode did a good job incoporating humor; there were a lot of funny parts, like when Pam said she had "team spirit" for wearing a Walmart sweatshirt!

I think it's good (although predictable) that they made Tara a vamp; it'll add an interesting element to her character. I do hope this season brings some more Eric/Sookie lovin'!

#12 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

I do hope this season brings some more Eric/Sookie lovin'!

I am so afraid there won't be any yummy scenes between them this season. Nora puts a huge wrench in that relationship, as does Eric being bitter that Sookie rejected him. And it looks like Eric and Bill won't be in Bon Temps for at least part of the season. How long will that last? *sigh* I guess we'll have to settle for some more Alcide. He's no Eric, but I won't mind seeing more of him ;)

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

So are Bill and Sookie a thing of the past now? They used to be like, I don't know, soulmates. Remember grave yard sex. Disgusting but its what two people who love each other like whoa do right? What happened to them?

Some moments are ingrained in my mind when it comes to True Blood, Sookie cleaning her grandmother's blood off the kitchen floor .. I am not a fan of the character anymore but that was when I was all about Sookie ... and the dirt sex between she and Bill. Both powerful performance yet so different. One disgusted me to the core and one made me love Sookie more than I already did

#14 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Bill and Sookie are over as far as I know. She's not the type to put up with cheating of any sort, even if he couldn't help it. He's just effed her over far too many times.

There isn't a number or word to describe how jealous of Nora I am.

I got over 400 screen shots using a screen shot program that auto saves it when you hit a hotkey. Narrowed it down to a little over 100 and then used about 20-30 in my recap :lol I'm gonna make a sideshow outta the rest soon. Waste not, want not!

#15 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Bill and Sookie are over as far as I know. She's not the type to put up with cheating of any sort, even if he couldn't help it. He's just effed her over far too many times.

I got over 400 screen shots using a screen shot program that auto saves it when you hit a hotkey. Narrowed it down to a little over 100 and then used about 20-30 in my recap :lol I'm gonna make a sideshow outta the rest soon. Waste not, want not!

Thanks Bonny

He cheated but it wasn't really his fault because he was made to do it? Okay then True Blood

#16 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

Thanks Bonny

He cheated but it wasn't really his fault because he was made to do it? Okay then True Blood

Well, it happened more or less the same way in the show and the books. His master, Lorena, basically commanded it of him if I recall correctly. And they can't disobey that. Still, meh. Bill's boring, clingy and overprotective. Eric's also overprotective, but he's prettier so he wins. wub

#17 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

I'm totally jealous of Nora too. Eric is so effin' hot.

#18 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thanks Bonny

I thought it was Sophie Ann in the books as well...

And yes, Eric wins because he's prettier :D

#19 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

Eeveryone deserves better then Sookie

#20 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

I guess we'll have to settle for some more Alcide. He's no Eric, but I won't mind seeing more of him ;)

Did anyone else see him in What to Expect When You're Expecting? His character was so bad, strange and unnecessary. He should stick to what he does best: wolvin' it up on True Blood!