• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

#21 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Carole gave an interview recently and talked about how being on the show was a job. That critical acclaim (which her book apparently had) got one a corner table at a restaurant but that commercial success pays the bills. She also said if seeing her argue with the girls on TV makes someone buy her book, she's glad. Yay Carole for admitting that. I'm not sure I'm going to like you , but I respect the hustle and the admitting that she's hustling.

This episode bored me. I like LuAnn and Ramona, but Ramona did overstep with the Victoria issues last season. Victoria is, imo, a privileged child with too much money and not enough supervision and attention, but regardless, her issues at school are none of Ramona's business. She owed LuAnn an apology. That said, I can see LuAnn exaggerating this situation with the "she threatened my kids" thing. As rude and annoying as Ramona is, she really does seem to let it hang out so I'm not sure I buy this. I think Ramona would just let this info slip on camera than threaten.

Sonja is a Vicki too me. She's having some sort of breakdown due to her marriage falling apart (and probably more upsetting to her, her lack of funds). I hope that I can watch her w/o feeling this is wrong because she's not well enough to be on camera.

Heather and Ramona are gonna have huge issues. Ramona needs younger business women to look up to her and ask advice and Heather doesn't seem to let her play mentor.

Aviva seems nice, but I think she's an undercover bitch. I don't believe she's only on to promote awareness on her disability. I look forward to her forgetting the camera is on and showing her true self.

It was odd to have a show without Jill (who I didn't like but was still a big part of the show).

But yeah, this season has gotta pick up or it'll be cancelled.

#22 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

I wasn't going to continue watching but your enthusiasm despite the boredom of the premier make me want to watch

I like her, I really do. I'll like most of these people if they admitted they were in it for the money and fame. I am looking at you Joey and Melissa, I went on a show to clear my name, Gorgas. Carole's frankness and honesty I can respect

LOL I'm glad you're gonna give it a few episodes. These things sometime take awhile to create more drama.

I don't get why Joey and Melissa wont 1) admit that and 2) play nice with Teresa. Say what you will about her, she's got a large fan base. Her stuff sells way more than anyone elses. I think it would make more sense to be like, we're all family, let's work together to make everyone more money. Not that Teresa would necessarily go for it, but I'd try it.

#23 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

In addition to Jill just showing up at LuAnn's premiere party and basically speaking with anyone she can possibly dredge up to get herself some press, Jill had a bit of an episode on her blog.

She basically blogged that LuAnn and Ramona are fake and hate each other, Ramona was an alcoholic and begged the fans to get her back on the show. Is any of this supposed to be a secret? LOL Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Jill Zarin Blasts RHONY, Begs To be Recast

#24 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't think it will help. Andy HATES her. I guess if you read his book he makes that very apparent. Plus, she's bashed Bravo all over and said they stack the poll results for WWHL. They'll cancel the show completely before having her back.

#25 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

I've read the rumors that Andy hates Theresa too, they cite her shoving him out of her way at the reunion.

That move was ratings gold. No way Andy hates Theresa for flipping out

I've heard he dislikes her because Joe's comments offend him re: being gay.

Which I understand. However, given the fact he never said anything to Margaret Cho re: using the "R" word, I can't get behind his "you shouldn't even JOKE" about such things. You can't only be offended by things when they are about the groups you belong to, imo.

#26 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

I don't think it will help. Andy HATES her. I guess if you read his book he makes that very apparent. Plus, she's bashed Bravo all over and said they stack the poll results for WWHL. They'll cancel the show completely before having her back.

Interesting. Does he hate her because she bashes Bravo or is there more to the story? Jill is truly nuts for biting the hand that feeds her. Very very stupid of her

People claim Andy hates Theresa but I don't believe it. She IS RHNJ, he can't hate on that

No clue. I'm dying to read the book though. Sadly, I have promised my friend I would read 50 shades of gray first so...I gotta get through that first!

#27 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Romana was rude to her guest gut I don't understand why Heather accepted her invitation, they didn't seem to like each other at her office

Carole and Aviva are going to be thick as thieves

#28 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Ramona is always rude. Nothing new to see there.

I tuned in half way into the episode and I'm already tired of hearing about the leg.

Sonja seems like she's going to be an emotional train wreck this season.

#29 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I don't want to be insensitive so I'll ask first, does Romona have a disorder of some sort? It must be tiring to be her. I get exhausted just from watching her

#30 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Ramona's condition is called rude. At first it was funny, now it's annoying. I think she got a pass with fans because Jill became a lightening rod of hate after the Bethenny fallout as well as everything that came out of Kelly's mouth overshadowed Ramona and her antics.

I'm looking forward to a NY season for the first time since season 2. The new ladies are refreshing and they bring a much needed change to the franchise. Now I wish Ramona and Luann can put aside their differences because their drama is played out at this point.

#31 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ramona's condition is called rude. At first it was funny, now it's annoying. I think she got a pass with fans because Jill became a lightening rod of hate after the Bethenny fallout as well as everything that came out of Kelly's mouth overshadowed Ramona and her antics.

That is what I wanted to know, if that is just the way she is wired.

I can never be around someone like her, she'll make me twitchy. I have a friend who can't sit still for more than two seconds, it drives me nuts!

I like Aviva a lot but I don't think it is enough reason to keep watching.

#32 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

I'm looking forward to a NY season for the first time since season 2. The new ladies are refreshing and they bring a much needed change to the franchise. Now I wish Ramona and Luann can put aside their differences because their drama is played out at this point.

I love Carole, I don't know why she doing on this show but I love nonetheless . She is wary of Luann, as she should be imo. Luann can't keep her Ramona hate on the down low

Ramona herself loves being the center of attention. Luann will be smarter to ignore her

#33 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

What would be Luann's story if she doesn't play up the antagonistic nature of her and Ramona's storyline. She didn't seem to want to talk about her non engagement on tv and it seems to be the only thing she has going for her. I respect her attempt to keep her personal life private but she signed up to do a reality show. Can't have your cake and eat it too. if she can get away with it then more power to her.

Why is Carole on the show? For the fame no doubt. I don't know how long ago her book was published, she either wants to get back into the game or want to be relevant. I don't blame her. Being on the franchise doesn't make one automatically trashy. She'd fit in with the Beverly Hills women but I don't know the cast of NY to judge if she fits in or not.

#34 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

I don't want to sound heartless but I foresee Aviva welding one if her legs like a weapon

I was really looking forward to the new cast so expectation was high. I hope it picks up because the premier was very dull

#35 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

I wasn't going to continue watching but your enthusiasm despite the boredom of the premier make me want to watch

Carole gave an interview recently and talked about how being on the show was a job. That critical acclaim (which her book apparently had) got one a corner table at a restaurant but that commercial success pays the bills. She also said if seeing her argue with the girls on TV makes someone buy her book, she's glad. Yay Carole for admitting that. I'm not sure I'm going to like you , but I respect the hustle and the admitting that she's hustling.

I like her, I really do. I'll like most of these people if they admitted they were in it for the money and fame. I am looking at you Joey and Melissa, I went on a show to clear my name, Gorgas. Carole's frankness and honesty I can respect

#36 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

The second episode is an improvement from last week but not by much.

Luann and Ramona are pointless. Luann should give up on Ramona, stop engaging her,you can't reason with Ramona. She doesn't let anyone talk yet she is complaining about the same thing. Even with her eyes roaming everywhere, she has zero self awareness

Sonja has an itch that needs scratching. She was all over the plumber without any shame lol

I feel terrible for Heather's son but I don't want to keep hearing about his liver transplant when he was an enfant

#37 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Yeah, we are complaining for LuAnn and Ramona to just let it go already

Jill should have campaigned to fans get her to stay as well

#38 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

Interesting. Does he hate her because she bashes Bravo or is there more to the story? Jill is truly nuts for biting the hand that feeds her. Very very stupid of her

People claim Andy hates Theresa but I don't believe it. She IS RHNJ, he can't hate on that

#39 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

I've read the rumors that Andy hates Theresa too, they cite her shoving him out of her way at the reunion.

That move was ratings gold. No way Andy hates Theresa for flipping out

#40 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

You can't read 50 Shades of Grey. After reading the thread and reading the first few chapters, I gave it away. Its very very bad. In a bad way!

Andy shouldn't dislike Theresa for something Joe says. She makes excuses for him but he is her hubby, what is she going to say?

I have a million things to do but I'm looking forward to this episode. Theresa looked almost demented in the previews. She's had it with those heifers