Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Source: Reality Blurred

#2 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

That is A LOT of reality shows. No wonder actors and actresses don't like reality shows. They are taking over scripted shows

I think I'll give Beverly Hills Nannies and Redneck Island a try

#3 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Real actors like reality shows when they're washed up and looking for something to make them relevant again.

#4 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Real actors like reality shows when they're washed up and looking for something to make them relevant again.

Like Charlie Sheen who is Winning!

I don't think he has a reality show even

#5 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Was just thinking that myself as several reality celeb based shows ended for the season. The problem with celebs that are all washed up and looking for work is that many of them don't know when to hang up the act and retire already.

#6 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

This IS a very long list of reality shows, especially in June! I'm surprised they forgot America's Got Talent. That debuted in May and is very popular. Apparently Mark Burnett of Survivor fame will have six reality shows going at once across different networks come fall.

#7 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

This IS a very long list of reality shows, especially in June! I'm surprised they forgot America's Got Talent. That debuted in May and is very popular. Apparently Mark Burnett of Survivor fame will have six reality shows going at once across different networks come fall.

Geez, how can one person do all this. He'd be spread so thin.

Greediness I tell you

#8 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hell's Kitchen just started as did MasterChef; I might watch those (of course NEXT Monday); Take Me Out, Bachelor Pad and The Choice, not my cup of tea, so I'll pass on those. I don't get cable or Dish TV (broke) so, other than the Summer games, it looks like it's boreville for me.

#9 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Man I thought I was a Reality TV fan, I have not heard of half of these shows. I do watch Masterchef and Hell's Kitchen. I watch most of the "well-known" reality shows. I can't wait for Big Brother to start tonight.

#10 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

We watch very few of these shows, I guess we need a little content that does not seem faked out. I think the only show I caught that we do watch (now) is Whale Wars.

#11 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm enjoying all the auction shows right now. I used to go to a lot of auctions with my brother. That's where I used to get some real deals on antiques. The shows on television really are ruining the real venues because they are so unrealistic in what you can sell stuff for. They did the same thing with the coupon shows by misrepresenting reality.

#12 toobi

toobi

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

I love Storage Wars and now Storage Wars Texas. I laughed so hard to find a Bubba on the Texas show and him and Rick crack me up almost every time I watch. I also like Pawn Stars, but am not as crazy about the Cajun version. I see a show called Craft Wars, though, and I hadn't heard of that one so I'm going to try to watch that this week.

#13 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

That is A LOT of reality shows. No wonder actors and actresses don't like reality shows. They are taking over scripted shows

I think I'll give Beverly Hills Nannies and Redneck Island a try

Yes, and the main reason this is happening is because these reality shows are cheaper to put out then scripted dramas. You don't need a writing team, you don't need to come up with sets. But most importantly you don't need to cast and pay actors to work on the show. With reality programs you come up with a concept of what the reality show will be about then go about finding the people to be in it. Yes, this is sort of like a casting call but a bit different then casting a scripted show, and also the pay these individuals get won't be half as high as professional actors would be given.

So, I can't say I blame professional actors for not liking reality shows. Budget wise they are cheaper to do. Which could be why they are now taking over daytime, with scripted programs such as a soap opera being systematically removed from the schedule.

#14 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Budget wise reality shows are cheaper to produce and distribute, but most of them are scripted.

It is not as detailed as the dramas or comedies but they do have writers. Check out the credits for any reality show and you'll see them in the scroll

#15 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I love Storage Wars and now Storage Wars Texas. I laughed so hard to find a Bubba on the Texas show and him and Rick crack me up almost every time I watch. I also like Pawn Stars, but am not as crazy about the Cajun version. I see a show called Craft Wars, though, and I hadn't heard of that one so I'm going to try to watch that this week.

A writer friend of mine watches those shows; she recaps them for Gather. I saw a few episodes of Craft Wars, but I found it to be really boring. It just made little sense as a TV show, and the crafts weren't even that great.

#16 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I can't see myself being parked in front of the tv set watching reality shows in the Summer time. I'd tivo it if it were worth the effort.

#17 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

This topic is so 2012