Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

!!

#3 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

For me the hot topic of late is the American Idol Jermaine Jones from the show for having 4 arrest warrants out on him. Mr. Jones had an interview that was aired on Wednesday evening on FOX where he was told he couldn't continue the competition because he failed to disclose his criminal past. Personally whether or not the crimes were serious or not, I think this goes to prove that American Idol needs to up it's background checking. Seems strange that this wasn't caught before now

#4 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

He made top 12 too, what a shame. Are they going to replace him with another contestant?

I haven't read too much about this but Fox/Idol wouldn't disqualify him if it wasn't true IMO

In other news, Britney may join the judges on X-Factor. I don't know why Nicole was fired but if we gain Britney from her ousting, all the better

http://fashion.elle....lfiger-to-idol/

#5 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

He made top 12 too, what a shame. Are they going to replace him with another contestant?

I haven't read too much about this but Fox/Idol wouldn't disqualify him if it wasn't true IMO

In other news, Britney may join the judges on X-Factor. I don't know why Nicole was fired but if we gain Britney from her ousting, all the better

http://fashion.elle....lfiger-to-idol/

Idol: No, I don't think they do that although, there are a few wild cards, so it's anyone's guess. They might though throw in an extra save or have a show where everyone is saved. They have done that in the past for various reasons (I think the contestant fell ill and left or had a family member give birth, cannot remember the reason).

X Factor: I could see her brought in for ratings since they are dismal, surprised they brought the show back for another season. It might be a second change to pull it together before cancelling it altogether. I heard through our morning news show here (local) that she turned it down because she had another gig lined up for her singing and because X Factor didn't meet her salary demands?

#6 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Has anyone heard about Kony2012? The co-founder of Invisible Children Jason Russell was arrested for masturbating in public.

According to their reps, he was suffering from exhaustion, and dehydration from campaigning hard . Here is a link of him on the lawn naked as the day he was born

http://www.tmz.com/2...y/#.T2Pur3heFSU

Unbelievable. I have no words for this circus

#7 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone heard about Kony2012? The co-founder of Invisible Children Jason Russell was arrested for masturbating in public.

According to their reps, he was suffering from exhaustion, and dehydration from campaigning hard . Here is a link of him on the lawn naked as the day he was born

http://www.tmz.com/2...y/#.T2Pur3heFSU

Unbelievable. I have no words for this circus

These guys should be taken to task, the more you hear about the less altruistic they come. For a non profit organization, that is a big no no

I just read that Oprah canceled the Rosie O'Donnell's show. If RO's show did not do well then OWN doesn't stand a chance

#8 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

It tanked hard

They announced it at the end of Friday's show. Is the author implying that Oprah shushed Rosie? Rosie is never subdued

#9 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

OWN network is tanking as a whole. Rosie's show is its latest failure

Oprah has to do major changes or give it up altogether. I hope she is able to turn it around

#10 TakeMeAway

TakeMeAway

Cordial

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

I went out of my way to subscribe to the OWN network when it first came out. I was not impressed with most of her shows. When she signed Rosie on, I dropped my account. That did it for me. I cannot stand Rosie, although I love Oprah. It has nothing to do with her being gay. She's just so critical of everything and everyone.

#11 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Rosie is a polarizing figure, you either love or hate her. I'm am going to contradict myself- I don't feel one way or another about her, haven't watched any show she's on long enough to form a firm opinion about her

Do you have to subscribe to the OWN network? I though it was a regular cable channel

#12 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Has anyone seen Madonna's Girl's Gone Wild video? What do you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/v/PPwDws5hzuU

I love the Noir feel, the music is another beast altogether. I've heard better from her

#13 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Rosie is a polarizing figure, you either love or hate her. I'm am going to contradict myself- I don't feel one way or another about her, haven't watched any show she's on long enough to form a firm opinion about her

Do you have to subscribe to the OWN network? I though it was a regular cable channel

I watched her on The View (Rosie) and when you have such a force on a panel with one or more other forces, it just doesn't work. I agree she's a polarizing figure, I think you can love to hate her and that's where I'm at. When she and the Trump were exchanging insults, just lowered my feelings even more about her as a person, it hurt her credibility and maybe that's why ultimately it's not working out for her.

#14 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Anyone who calls Trump out on his bullshit is a winner in my book.

#15 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Cause of Whitney's Death Revealed

Accidental drowning, cocaine in system and heart problems. Poor Whitney didn't stand a chance of making it out of that tub uh? My question is, where was her bodyguard? Did she even have any

Crack is whack!

#16 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Crack is whack for sure. Nobody saw this coming? She looked like she wasn't feeling all that well. As for Rosie and why I felt the way I did, it wasn't so much that she leveled Trump, it was because she lowered herself to his level.

#17 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Do we even need a thread for celeb news and gossip??? 90% of these gossips are fed to the media as publicity stunts.

#18 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

If she has the winning ticket, I don't think she does, I think she should share the winning with her co-workers, let them carry the load with you lady. Her refusal to acknowledge them make her seem like a selfish person. The three winners will get 1/3 of $656, I know she won't get as much as she would if she kept her share to herself but she'll pay less taxes if she shared it with her co-workers and still be a millionaire over.

Maybe I am being naive but that is how I feel

Full Story

#19 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Something fishy is going on with this lady. I don't believe she has the ticket either. Maybe it is because if I had it, I'd be waving it in everyones' faces

How many co-workers contributed to the pool, did they say? Maybe she is claiming the winning ticket is not among the one bought with their $$ because there are too many of them. If they are less between 5-10 then I guess she should just give it up and let them have some but there won't be much left of $300 million divided into 10+ minus taxes so I kinda get her point

The idea of all that money must be doing crazy things to her

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Don't ask me why, I am half listening to the View right now and I am sorto over Christie Brinkley , she seems to be everywhere nowadays. She is promoting something or just airing more dirty laundry?