• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#201 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Wishing all NY and NJ with no power good luck!

We got ours back last night

#202 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Screw the property! It can be re-built. I need the internet while they do it, though. ><

Yes, my priorities might be a little skewed....

Look at me, look at me! I have internet again!!

I actually got pretty lucky in my specific area. Other parts of my town are pretty roughed up. The coast and both north and south of me are completely destroyed in some areas. Some of them aren't expected to get power back until Thanksgiving even.

#203 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm so happy for you!

We are not expected to have power back till 15th. The biggest hurdle is the cold and little necessities. I'm one of the lucky ones who has family with power

#204 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

I hear some folks in S.I. might not get power back until Thanksgiving. That's gonna make it awfully hard to prepare any kind of Thanksgiving meal.

#205 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I hear some folks in S.I. might not get power back until Thanksgiving. That's gonna make it awfully hard to prepare any kind of Thanksgiving meal.

I know right? My heart goes out to them

It was cold before the snow storm. Now it's worse

#206 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, Thanksgiving dinner might be difficult to work with, but that's the least of my concerns right now. I was talking to some people who were still in their homes without power as the nor'easter was hitting. It was snowing with 50+ mph winds and they had no heat, no water, and no way to really protect against the elements at that point. I feel so bad for them. :(

#207 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) is certainly a b*tch. They've failed the residents of the Islands here on the East Coast. I never thought I'd say this, but thank god we have Con Edison providing electricity in our area. I have had solicitors come around to my door on Saturday's, trying to get me to switch to their smaller cheaper power companies. I now am glad I resisted their attempts and overtures.

#208 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yes!! Me too! I'm on the border of Long Island and LIPA just got out power on 2 weeks later on Saturday! But I just got my cable/internet restored last night! I'm thankful for this forum so I can at least get a few hints as to what is going on in the reality TV world.

#209 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

The Cause of Whitney's Death Revealed

Accidental drowning, cocaine in system and heart problems. Poor Whitney didn't stand a chance of making it out of that tub uh? My question is, where was her bodyguard? Did she even have any

Crack is whack!

I wish that it wasn't that way because she was a wonderful musician.  RIP Witney Houston..

#210 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

I thank God that we sruvived Sandy and I helped out with the Red Cross.  Plus I took a relief job. We were without power for  two weeks.going on three. The people just a half a mile away from me, across the highway were without power to the middle of November. the harder hit areas in Jersey, didn't get power back until late Dec, 2012.

I learned a lot about being prepared for the next one. They unfortunately are going to get worse. Thank God that all of us made it.