• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#21 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Don't ask me why, I am half listening to the View right now and I am sorto over Christie Brinkley , she seems to be everywhere nowadays. She is promoting something or just airing more dirty laundry?

I stopped watching Brinkley long ago, not quite sure if it's a hater attitude I have about her because she is/was a model or I just plain don't like her perfect "i can do no wrong" attitude. Either or even both, that woman just irks me.

#22 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think the way the economy is these days, money is doing crazy things to everyone. Should have seen the line wrapped around the little convenience store in my neighborhood and I ran in to get milk, waited forever. I play scratchers myself and don't bother with the pools or tickets for this very reason. No matter how nice things are, how close you are to your family and friends, the gloves come off when money is involved and the more money is involved, the dirtier it gets.

#23 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

What do you all think of the new celeb couple, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West? E! have already dubbed them Kimye. Real or publicity stunt?

He raps about her in his new single Theraflu ""I'll admit I fell in love with Kim around the same time she had fell in love with him," "Well, that's cool, baby girl, do you thing / Lucky I ain't have Jay drop him from the team."

Posted Image

#24 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Going by Kim's track record it does seem to be a publicity stunt. Now Kanye will join the Kardashians show. It's going to get interesting lol. :)

#25 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Going by Kim's track record it does seem to be a publicity stunt. Now Kanye will join the Kardashians show. It's going to get interesting lol. :)

Publicity stunt is my guess as well. Which disappoints me, I like Kanye, shrug and all. He's flubbed many times but I truly believe his is one of the best rapper today

I can't stand any of the Kardashians. They are famewahores who are too stupid to pretend otherwise. Kim is the worst

#26 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

That must be it, re; Christie Brinkley. I keep asking myself why in the world I dislike this woman, she is one of the least offensive celebs shoved down or throats, looking at you Kardashians, but you hit the nail on the head, her Miss Perfect attitude grates.

Kimye???? Whoever came up with that moniker should be in a mental institution

#27 flame

flame

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I am a brit, and we get a lot of american shows over here i enjoy like CSI, law and order, big bang theory etc. i grew up watching the dukes of hazard, the A team and stuff like that. I know we have also exported stuff to the states like the office - how well do you think exporting TV works? is it more one way than they other? does it depend on the countries?

#28 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Depends on how well they are written - if they are not showing the original version that is. The Ex-Factor is a British show that didn't go over well in the US but a show like Downton Abbey is extremely popular

I watch and love shows like The Office and Shameless. I haven't watch their British versions so I can't make an comparison to their US counterparts, I enjoy them as they are. I wouldn't have known the Shameless is not an original show if I hand't read it online. I understand that the US creators are veering from the original somewhat, I feel the difference is good for the show

#29 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I have watched Coupling and IT Crowd and enjoyed them very much in their original version. Wish there are more shows like them.

If anyone interested to know more about these two shows PM me and I will answer.

#30 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am a brit, and we get a lot of american shows over here i enjoy like

CSI, law and order, big bang theory etc. i grew up watching the dukes of hazard, the A team and stuff like that. I know we have also exported stuff to the states like the office - how well do you think exporting TV works? is it more one way than they other? does it depend on the countries?

Very well if we go by history.

Most shows that are exported to other countries do very well. The CW shows are widely popular in Canada and in Europe. Hell, some of the shows do better overseas than they do here in the US

I watched Mr Bean when I was younger and loved every minute of it. I don't quite remember what it aired on but we loved it so much that my parents bought us the tapes.

As mentioned above, I like both the Office and Shameless, wouldn't have guessed it wasn't an original if I hadn't read about it.

#31 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Ew.. I hate both of em to the core. Publicity stunts to low grade themselves and humiliate themselves rather than make them popular... So who cares about Kimye (nice name btw.) anyways ?

#32 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Sit down for this shocking update, the Maryland woman who claimed she had the winning ticket is now saying she lost it. And get this, of all the places she should have hidden the ticket, she chose to hide it at the McDonald's she works at. The same location where the people she refused to share the imagined stash with work

NBC News

#33 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Sit down for this shocking update, the Maryland woman who claimed she had the winning ticket is now saying she lost it. And get this, of all the places she should have hidden the ticket, she chose to hide it at the McDonald's she works at. The same location where the people she refused to share the imagined stash with work

NBC News

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The Kardashians have a competition

#34 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

It is amazing the lengths people go to get themselves in the limelight

But hey, no harm was done to anyone. Just another bored woman who got her 5 seconds fame lol

#35 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Well gossip is gossip... We all love it.. hence the thread. The latest doing the rounds is that Lindsay Lohan has outright denied that woman's claim that Lohan shoved her in a nightclub.

I mean, if I would shove a women anywhere.. it wont even matter to anyone .. but lo behold.. if a celeb does it.. it makes headlines.

thats what this celeb gossip/news 'racket' is all about. aaarrrhhh.. so irritating.

#36 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

What are you listening to right now ? I am humming to the tunes of Nicki Minaj.

#37 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

OMG. Whats with the gas (fuel) prices going up like almost every MONTH ? I heard its $4 a gallon in US.. $2 a liter in India.. And... umm.. whats it in your country ? How often does inflation affect fuel prices and is it even economical driving a car anymore ? I wonder...

#38 Guardian

Guardian

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's about $4.19 here (DC) right now. Pretty ridiculous. I can't wait until we don't need gas and it's all electric or something.

#39 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

$4.20 in NY

I hitch a ride with my boyfriend whenever I can

#40 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

We have a winner/s, the Three Amigos. 3 school teachers from Maryland have come forward to but are anonymous like the Kansa winner.

$35 Million after taxes for regular working people is not too shabby

CNN