• This topic is locked This topic is locked
209 replies to this topic

#41 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Right now I'm obsessed with Miranda Lamberts "Mama's Broken Heart" which I swear she wrote (or whomever wrote it wrote) after talking to my mother about my behavior! :) Luke Bryan and Jake Owen are also getting a lot of play as is Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw (because they're touring this summer -- yay!).

I'm also really digging the latest Matt Nathanson, Modern Love. The entire album is really good. There's a few songs I like on Sweeter by Gavin DeGraw.

I'm also listening to boybands I listened to growing up (N SYNC, NKOTB, Five, LFO) and Britney Spears when I'm working out. I'm hoping for some fun, summer songs to add to my work out mixes.

#42 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

It is about the same in NJ

We will have to dig deeper with Summer around the corner

#43 CAMom50

CAMom50

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ahh it'd be enough for me to quit my job, really and retire in Montana near my parents helping them with the farming of their little garden plot and staying nearby to assist them. They are getting up there and Montana's winters can be bitterly cold.

#44 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

The story is heartwarming. It is nice when good things happen to good people

I'll turn in my resignation letter before my check clears

#45 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

They claim money changes people, it'd be interesting to interview people that were on or near the bottom rung a year from now to see if money really did indeed change anything. I bet it did and then some, that is, if they still had enough of their humble roots left in them to grant the interview.

#46 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

They claim money changes people, it'd be interesting to interview people that were on or near the bottom rung a year from now to see if money really did indeed change anything. I bet it did and then some, that is, if they still had enough of their humble roots left in them to grant the interview.

A huge sum like that will have an impact on them whether they like it or not

They may change for the better ... or worse depending on who you ask. Friends and relatives who don't get what they deem theirs will tell you the money changed them for the worse

#47 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Brit Brit is the new judge on X-factor. She is taking home a cool $15 million!

Posted Image

Full Story on E!online

#48 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

That is AWESOME for Britney! Now if only JT will get his head screwed on straight and claim his family wub

Signed ~Britney Fan now and Forever~

Posted Image
So fucking hot!

#49 Gimgak

Gimgak

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

It's about $3.9x down here in the Tampa Bay area, getting pretty bad. Luckily I don't have the need to drive all that much.

#50 Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I like this topic :)

I'm looking for new music for my iPod, please add more.

Not on my iPod yet, but I love the song 'Somebody That I Used To Know' by Gotye.

#51 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

That song is everywhere.

I love old songs, I play the 80's playlist on my iPod on a loop

#52 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think the general public plays up celebrities and gives them status far beyond their worth. Most of them are just regular people who happen to have a high-paying job, so why do we idolize them so?

#53 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think the general public plays up celebrities and gives them status far beyond their worth. Most of them are just regular people who happen to have a high-paying job, so why do we idolize them so?

One of the players from the Knicks, Iman something, was signing autographs at the Lord and Taylor store at a local mall in my area yesterday, you should have seen the crowd that was gathered to see him.

We had a fun time watching grown ass men stand in line for ages to get an autograph. They have no shame :lol

#54 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Nothing would boost either celeb like a stunt like this, that's for sure. I can hear wedding bells which would launch even more stories, more pictures and of course more exposure which, judging from how popular Kardashian is must be working.

#55 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nothing would boost either celeb like a stunt like this, that's for sure. I can hear wedding bells which would launch even more stories, more pictures and of course more exposure which, judging from how popular Kardashian is must be working.

By nothing you mean an announcement of a feature in politics right? Because the chick has it in her head to run for Mayor in 5 years. But first she has to buy a house there

http://www.youtube.com/v/IXkaIosQJ_U

I hope she is playing tricks on us

#56 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Unfortunately in my area, Brit sitcoms like "Keeping Up Appearances" doesn't leave the Public Broadcast Station. It's unfortunate because if this sitcom and those from UK even though they were a hit in the 90's were shown along with those retired but loved ones like "Lavern & Shirley" or grouped by year, they'd fare pretty good. The fact most of the Brit sitcoms and even those from Canada (Cold Squad and Da Vinci's Inquest to start) air on a lesser known channel doesn't help increase viewership.

#57 kristiane

kristiane

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

I had always been amazed with the story of gods and goddesses. The Greek mythology, consists of the stories about the ancient world, and the line of gods and goddesses. In our modern world, we think of it as 100% fictional and that Homer's imagination just reached so far, plus the fact that there are little evidence that proclaim the reality of those characters. But somehow, there are people who believed that the story have something to do with our mysterious history. There are occult student's, that shows significance on those mythical characters and based on the old religions, Greek mythology have a great effect on their spiritual being.
What can you say about it? Do you believe that it was all created by the author's imagination?

#58 RemoteStealer

RemoteStealer

Cordial

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I've been fascinated with that whole God and Goddess thing myself. Greek and Roman mythology is the idealistic life of those people of that time. I think much is artistic and elaborate because life then was hard and dull. The belief of a deity greater than ourselves is natural, we had to come from somewhere, some higher form of life, and in order to wrap our minds around that, faces add a kind of personalization to what is happening.

Across culture you see this. American Indians have the Great Spirit and lesser spirits, the Christians have God, Jesus and angels, and so on. It's not necessarily mythology because we don't consider Christianity mythology, it's a belief made into a more acceptable form, human here with powers from the Deity. Is it true? Who knows, the point that it gave people then a purpose to explain what is being experienced is, in itself the real reason we all believe in something no matter what label we put on it. I hope that made sense.

#59 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

RIP Dick Clark, American icon :(

#60 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I think religion serves a few different purposes. Before scientific investigation really took off, religion explained the world around us. It also serves as social control and a source of comfort to its adherents, and tells us what happens after death.