• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Anyone else a fan? I think I initially caught this on TV while channel surfing and was intrigued, but have only really committed to watching the whole thing for two seasons now. My favorite acts are anything wild, unusual, unexpected or unique. Down with the singers! They already have another show for that!

#2 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

It's pretty shameful what some people will do to get on TV...and for a million dollars! This dude lied about a military accident to try and get sympathy from the judges. It's unfortunate because he does have a good voice.

#3 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

This should go into the America's Got Talent thread so I am merging them ......

#4 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

I watch America's Got Talent only when I get interested in one or two of the people. For example, I was enthralled with Jackie Evancho and her entire story and continued to tune in. Right now, no one has affected me, so I can take it or leave it.

#5 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

I was surfing the channels bored out of my skull and caught an act that totally mesmerized me for the brief period it was on. It was a magic act that had the woman swiftly changing into completely different outfits and the thing is, it was in rapid succession, not hold up a curtain, wait, show, this was quick at a snap of a finger. AMAZING

#6 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

I don't want to hear about the stories of the contestants just to get sympathy from the judges or the audience. I am also fed up with singing as this kind of skill has been used all the time. I don't watch this show for these 2 reasons.

#7 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I watch it occasionally. I'm not a big fan of Howard Stern and I wanted to see him fall flat on his face. He does annoy me when I watch it. I don't think any singers should make it through. There are a lot of other shows for that!

#8 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Seems the woe-is-me story plot has been used to death. Everyone has a sob story and not to be mean but WHO CARES? I have a sob story too, I'm tired of hearing about theirs. Are they real stories? Who knows? I personally think it's designed and played up for the sympathy votes. Well, I have a instant cure for that, I turn the channel.

#9 Ceena

Ceena

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Done to death but still working it's magic so there is no way they'll use different storylines

#10 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

I watched America's Got Talent to pass time mainly but I love the show. I'm amazed by some of the talents like magic tricks and such. Like one time there's this couple who can change clothes within seconds. It was soo cool. But I'm also weirded out with some talents. I guess they just want to get hold of that million dollars right? :))

#11 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I stopped watching this show because of one particular episode. Now, we all know the winner gets to get paid and perform at Las Vegas.

But here is the problem, they allowed a 9 year old girl to compete. And the reason she didn't win was because "she wasn't old enough". Which was true of course.

However, if she wasn't old enough and they KNEW that, why let her compete in the first place? That irked me.

#12 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

But here is the problem, they allowed a 9 year old girl to compete. And the reason she didn't win was because "she wasn't old enough". Which was true of course.

However, if she wasn't old enough and they KNEW that, why let her compete in the first place? That irked me.

I think that's kind of sucky, too. To be fair, maybe another 9 year old would have been mature and polished enough for it? Or do you think they would've excluded anyone at that age? If so, then I really don't think they should allow them to compete at all.

#13 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

I think that's kind of sucky, too. To be fair, maybe another 9 year old would have been mature and polished enough for it? Or do you think they would've excluded anyone at that age? If so, then I really don't think they should allow them to compete at all.

No, they would have excluded anyone at that age. It's a law in Vegas that you have to be at least 18. So it wasn't just her. But the thing is they knew this, but still allowed her to compete, just to shut her down.

#14 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

No, they would have excluded anyone at that age. It's a law in Vegas that you have to be at least 18. So it wasn't just her. But the thing is they knew this, but still allowed her to compete, just to shut her down.

Really??

That is absolutely ridiculous then. They should've either had a contract set up otherwise, picked a different city, or not allowed anyone under 18 to try out anyway. What is the point but to break hearts? Ugh! That gives me a whole new opinion of the show at this point.

#15 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, not many people know about that little incident. I use to like the idea of the show until they did that to that kid.

So to me, it looks like they basically used her talents for ratings.

#16 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

ANyone hear any news on who is going to replace Sharon Osborne? I know she left, because the network fired her son. But I haven't heard or seen anything about her replacement. Is it me, or do these shows go throw a lot of judges.

#17 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

ANyone hear any news on who is going to replace Sharon Osborne? I know she left, because the network fired her son. But I haven't heard or seen anything about her replacement. Is it me, or do these shows go throw a lot of judges.

Well, it's easy to go through so many. There are plenty of celebrities out of work that will jump at the chance for any airtime. But as for firing her son, if this is something they did justly, then she should be ashamed of herself for leaving because they got rid of him.

#18 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Well, it's easy to go through so many. There are plenty of celebrities out of work that will jump at the chance for any airtime. But as for firing her son, if this is something they did justly, then she should be ashamed of herself for leaving because they got rid of him.

Eh, family is family. It's not like they're hurting for money, I don't think. So if they fired him, it makes sense for her to follow suit, even if he was justly fired.

I have no idea who is going to replace her. I'm sure there are plenty of people ready to take her spot, though.

#19 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I feel you on the family is family thing.

But if this is something that he actually deserved, then it's a life lesson he just has to learn. In a way, this comes off as her condoning whatever her son has done. It doesn't exactly show a responsible parent on her part.

#20 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I stopped watching this show because of one particular episode. Now, we all know the winner gets to get paid and perform at Las Vegas.

If your referring to Jackie Evanco she didn't exactly go into an oblivion because she didn't win America's Got Talent. Just the opposite, she has become a huge recording star, and has made countless appearances. Also, what is this whole thing about her not winning because she is nine years old. What proof do you have that this is actually the case?

I have to ask because saying it has to do with the fact that the contract is in Las Vegas isn't a good argument any longer. Vegas isn't what it use to be where it was just a playground for adults. It now caters to family's as well, so I don't see Jackie being snubbed from working there. In fact, I think she did work there as part of the America's Got Talent show she just wasn't the head line act. To say she didn't win because of the contract is only a rumor and nothing more. Yes, she is very talented and her fame regardless of not winning has proven just how talented she is.