• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

I like this show because this is like the Variety show of Today. Some good talent is on here as well as people doing weird things.  Sad to see Sharon go.  I really like her. I can do without Howard Stern as a judge. 

While they have age limits for the contestants, I think that they need to stick to it.

#22 BonnieA

BonnieA

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Sometimes I think those who make the top ten and don't win still do well. They have great talents that are seen by millions of people. Their careers take off even though they don't get to Las Vegas. I have seen Jackie Evanco perform and she is doing great. Now she can have a career on her own terms. Given her age that is better than execs in Las Vegs telling her where she must be when.

#23 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

Sometimes I think those who make the top ten and don't win still do well. They have great talents that are seen by millions of people. Their careers take off even though they don't get to Las Vegas. I have seen Jackie Evanco perform and she is doing great. Now she can have a career on her own terms. Given her age that is better than execs in Las Vegs telling her where she must be when.

Countless times I have seen what you have stated above. I have seen the actual winners of the show plummet into insignificance faster than you can say winner, and then those that didn't win actually become a lot more successful. I don't know if that is because of the fact that the public love a story of triumph and are much more likely to support a longer story of triumph, or not.

#24 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

Did you guys see the season premiere this year? I enjoyed Dustin's Dojo because they were funny in that derpy Napoloeon dynamite kind of way. The female judges thought they were special needs but they're not slow, it's a comedy act and they have a Youtube channel. I also liked the prank that Nick Cannon played on the judges.

#25 sweetkymom

sweetkymom

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

I actually watch AGT just not as much as I used to. Some seasons have been way off and as for the judges, I don't think they can hold out long enough to do their jobs. Its more less play money so they aren't to concerned about the business of helping someone else achieve their dreams.

#26 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

As I have a friend, Jeff McBride who has a student, Matt Franco, on the show, overall I'm quite excited. Although, if I'm being honest, I don't think his performance this week was as exciting as last.  In fact, I almost feel like Mike Super did a better job overall.  However, I believe the one, and only one, who deserves the $1M at this point and time, is Emily West. Of course, one then has to question why she is not on American Idol or The Voice rather than AGT. I often wonder that about many musicians, i.e. Dakota, Emily, Octavious. 

Beyond that, I'm wondering how others feel about children on the show.  Do you really think a child can pull off a full Las Vegas showcase show? Or, is this just taking opportunities away from other older individuals who have a great deal more talent and who could actually perform a full showcase? 

#27 wulfman

wulfman

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

It is not one of my favorite shows but as they approach the semi finals and Radio City Music Hall I watch the acts. I like the Jewish comedian in the current season . I am not a fan of the singers and dancers. American Idol already covers the singing category.

#28 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

I have a problem with this show because some people should never have to compete against others in certain category. It is just not fair to  have a dancer go up against a singer or a juggler against a dog act. 

#29 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

I am loving this season! I never really watched AGT before, but have been watching it with my aunt. Our favorite for this season was the roller skating star Juan Carlos. We would crack up every time he said "espectacular!" 

Enjoy him on youtube here! 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I53c2Jbpkuk

#30 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:13 PM

My friend's magic student Won - WoHoo, I thought all the magicians did a great job.  Franco, as it turns out had gone to the Magic and Mystery school a friend of mine (famous Magician in Las Vegas,) founded since Franco was 12.  He has had a great deal of professional training to help develop his talent and do severed the win in my opinion as far as the quality of the magicians go.  When it comes to other talent, we loved Blue Journey, but it is clear to see that AcroArmy was a much more polished and professional act, and I was somewhat sad to see they didn't get 2nd place.  I also believe Emily West, having previously had a record contract, and lost it, deserved a nod for her amazing vocal abiity - All in all though I would have preferred to have seen AcroArmy in 2nd.   Dudadudaduda "That's All Folks," at least til next Season - :)

Edited by Skyspirit, 23 September 2014 - 12:14 PM.

#31 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

To follow up on the above post, here's a credit to Jeff McBride from Mat Franco:

MEGA WOW~! First magician to win ‘America’s Got Talent’ credits Las Vegas star Jeff McBride
Mat Franco attended veteran magician...Jeff McBride's magic School.

Mat said,"Jeff McBride was the biggest magic influence in my life growing up,” he says of the Las Vegas-based veteran who stages the monthly event “Wonderground” in Henderson.
http://www.reviewjou...-las-vegas-star...

See More

#32 Aquar

Aquar

Cordial

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

I don't really watch it but my mom has it on so I am familiar with what it is. Is anyone else tired of Nick saying "got everyone on their feet"? I swear it's okay to say sometimes but I feel like he says it about every contestant. You sir are doing the most.

#33 PaulSwede

PaulSwede

Cordial

• 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

I stopped watching this show because of one particular episode. Now, we all know the winner gets to get paid and perform at Las Vegas.

But here is the problem, they allowed a 9 year old girl to compete. And the reason she didn't win was because "she wasn't old enough". Which was true of course.

However, if she wasn't old enough and they KNEW that, why let her compete in the first place? That irked me.

9 year old girl competing against people who are thrice and four times her age... doesn't it sound like something a lot of people would make time for to watch? These sort of things only happen because of the drawing power such contestants have on the general populace. The producers of the show know that such a premise would be very hard to resist... So they probably kept her on as long as they could before giving her the boot.

#34 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:19 PM

I can remember the precise time at which I stopped watching this season. I remember that I was watching every episode excitedly until around episode 9 when they started doing clip shows and recapping. I hate it when shows do those episodes, "Here's the best of what we showed so far." Last Comic Standing also kept showing clips and recaps so much that they went weeks without any new jokes. If I want to relive the same performances, I'll watch them again, I don't need a recap.

#35 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

I have to say this was a good season of AGT, I thought there was some great talent this past season.  Of course there was a whole lot of criticism on Social Media that a whole lot of singers got into the top six.  Sorry to tell people this but singing is indeed a talent.  When it came down to it I guess Matt Franco did deserve to win, even if Emily West was great and so were the Sons of Serendip.  But Franco was the first magician to win this show and it was nice to finally see a magician do it, and in my opinion Matt Franco was deserving some of his illusions were amazing.  Still trying to figure out the cell phone one, that defies explanation.

Also, agree with the person saying they don't like the recaps.  I agree, this show does them, Dancing with the Stars does them.  The only explanation I can come up with is to grab more ratings.  As if these shows don't bring in enough ratings for their perspective networks.

#36 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

My favorite AGT contestant ever was Kenichi Ebina. I loved his combination of dance and animation. His act was on the cutting edge of cool.

#37 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

Yes, Kenichi was fantastic.  I thought his win was richly deserved.  I was kind of upset with people who were commenting online saying that he wasn't an American citizen so he should be allowed to win America's Got Talent, because he wasn't from the country.  My feeling was and I said it to these individuals whether they liked it or not, there is nothing in the rules for this program that says all contestants have to be from the United States.

For that matter there is nothing in the rules that says that someone couldn't have had a professional career at one time.  This was the argument against Emily West, that she had been with a record label and shouldn't have been allowed to compete.  But Emily West was completely open about her past and the recording career she had prior to this, so again there was nothing in the rules that said she couldn't have had a career at one time.