• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Anyone watching American Ninja warrior this season? It is on Monday (tonight). I can't believe how strong and athletic these contestants are. I could not even do 1 of the events that they have to do. Man the hand bike looks like a killer.

#2 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

We watch this sporadically and I am amazed every time. These guys are in shape. I'm with you CISNY. I couldn't do even one of these events. Still it's good to watch and cheer them on.

#3 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

We catch this but never right when the show starts and I think the past few years we have never managed to watch a full episode. We love the idea of it and the trainers have to go through some serious workouts to compete. I would never be able to swing it though.

#4 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

We have watched this show a few times and find it amazing that they can do all that is involved. It takes real dedication to compete in something like that.

#5 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

I liked the original ninja warrior better. Yeah the guys in the American version are far more in shape. But the American version doesn't have the charm or the spirit the original has.

It was never about being "a fit person" trying to compete. It was about everyday people, gimmicks, and fun. American Ninja Warrior tries to take what was once a simple gameshow and turn it into a sporting event. And that's why it's failing and in danger of cancellation.