• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

I just started watching this show (about 4 episodes in), and I am really enjoying it. It is hitting the spot left behind by Deadwood going off the air. That Western fix I was really missing.

Anyone else watching this?

#2 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I haven't watched any of the new season but I love this show. It is one of my favorites. My wife claims to like it but it isn't one of her priorities so I will have to watch it on the spare TV in the other room so I can keep up.

I think making a good show involves having multidimensional characters and this show definitely fits the bill. The whore with the face tattoo is super hot too.

#3 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Didn't AMC cancel this show?

#4 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Didn't AMC cancel this show?

I don't think they will make a decision on season 3 until after this season is over but I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled. It got pretty good reviews so if the current fan base holds up then it should get a few more seasons.

#5 Phoenix360

Phoenix360

Friendly

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

So I see Season 3 for Hell on Wheels has begun. Thing is, I still have to catch up with this whole entire show beginning with the first season, as I`ve only seen a few episodes. The show looks decent overall, but it has a hard time keeping me down to watch it and having me come back for more on a weekly routine. I really want to like it more, though, because it seems like a pretty decent vintage western show.

#6 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

This is one of my favorite shows still running. It always seems like it is on the verge of getting cancelled. I guess after this next season, it really is. I hated how the show only had 10 episodes. It seemed like a million years before it picked up again. I think it lost some early fans in that way. This last season had 12 episodes, and I think the last is going to have that, so they picked it up a little, but in the end the entire 4-season series will only have 44 episodes. I have been a little disappointed in the last season killing off great characters like Elam, Ezra, and Ruth, but since they know they are done in another season, maybe they are starting to write certain people out of the story early.

#7 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

I really loved this show when it first came out - it was such a unique idea, something that has never really been explored before.  I love the characters and actors playing them - it was well cast and very well written.  But it's just started to get so violent. The writers seem to have lost the whole "building a train across the country" theme, and gone into the blood and guts sell mentality.  It's such a shame because there really is a great story to be told, especially when you add in the Mormon storyline.  Oh well, another good show loses it's way.

#8 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

That's what I've heard, maladjusted. I was thinking I'd start on this one, perhaps for a summer show to watch, but I heard it changed. I originally liked the idea of it, and maybe I'll still check out at least a few of the early episodes, but I don't know why they have to go blood and guts. I get that some people like that stuff, but come on. Every show doesn't have to be non-stop action, sex, violence, or use the F bomb and take God's name in vain every other word. Apparently, there is a vocal group that loves and demands such, but I know I'm not the only one that dislikes it when it's overboard. I guess we need to be more vocal.

#9 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

That's what I've heard, maladjusted. I was thinking I'd start on this one, perhaps for a summer show to watch, but I heard it changed. I originally liked the idea of it, and maybe I'll still check out at least a few of the early episodes, but I don't know why they have to go blood and guts. I get that some people like that stuff, but come on. Every show doesn't have to be non-stop action, sex, violence, or use the F bomb and take God's name in vain every other word. Apparently, there is a vocal group that loves and demands such, but I know I'm not the only one that dislikes it when it's overboard. I guess we need to be more vocal.

I wish that the networks would have a place where we could leave feedback.  Or that they'd do more surveys.  Everyone I talk to, or talk with on forums, say the same thing - they all hate the sex, violence and language.  And yet we keep getting more and more of it.  And it gets more graphic.  There are several shows that I've stopped watching because of it.  I started watching The Walking Dead, and really liked the first season, but the second season was nothing more than unique ways of killing zombies, the bloodier the better. 

Oh, well, I guess I'm not that 18-24 year old demographic that everyone seems to covet.  I just wish they would realize that there's more of us over the age of 24 than there are under that age - and we have more disposable income!!

#10 Zyni

Zyni

Friendly

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

Right? I hear it everywhere too. I know we're not the only ones. I watched like one episode of Walking Dead... don't even think I finished the first one actually. I thought I was going to like it but then it got gross. If it got worse later, I'm glad I didn't try to stick around. I don't like shows where I have to look away more than I watch.