• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Maury Povich, husband of Connie Chung (Big Brother hostess), known as the golf playing talk show host who specializes in baby momma drama.

The last time I watched Maury Povich, I had to turn it. It was so full of baby momma drama and who cheated on who, it reeked of Springer.

#2 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Maury Povich, husband of Connie Chung (Big Brother hostess), known as the golf playing talk show host who specializes in baby momma drama.

The last time I watched Maury Povich, I had to turn it. It was so full of baby momma drama and who cheated on who, it reeked of Springer.

Julie Chen is the hostess for Big Brother. Connie is a reporter but she's not hosted a Big Brother show. Not that I know of anyway

#3 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Julie Chen is the hostess for Big Brother. Connie is a reporter but she's not hosted a Big Brother show. Not that I know of anyway

oops, my bad, sorry about that. I do remember Connie Chung though and could have sworn she hosted BB :ninja oh well. :lol Not the first time I've goofed up on who hosted what. I would say it's because they could pass as sisters but, they cannot.

#4 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

It is an honest mistake :)

I would say it's because they could pass as sisters but, they cannot.

I have a feeling Julie will disagree with this statement lol

#5 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have to admit, I thought they were sisters. I think it's an easy mistake to make. Both talented, beautiful and articulate ladies. I can see why someone would get them mixed up. I think Ms. Chung hasn't been in the limelight as much these days as Chen (especially with BB). Has Ms. Chung appeared lately? I haven't seen her much these days.

#6 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

I haven't seen Connie Chung on TV in years, although I haven't looked for her either. I remember when Maury first started out; it was a decent talk show, above the fray of normal talk shows. My, how things have changed.

#7 Tasky

Tasky

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yes Maury did have a legitimate talk show once upon a time, but his show is very much like Jerry Springer except he doesn't allow the fake fights but it's almost as trashy. I always thought he had more class than that but I suppose there are some people who are all about the dollars and not concerned with morality.

#8 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

i was quite surprised to see how stupid he lets his guests get regarding the baby momma and daddy drama. you have idiots running around stage acting like complete asses when the dna results are read. the idiots don't get, that there's a real live baby involved. such a sad state of affairs.

#9 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

I used to really like The Maury Povich Show. I was OK with the occasional baby momma/daddy rumble, coupled with paternity tests. But then those kind of episodes increased in frequency and I just couldn't take the show seriously after that.

#10 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:33 AM

I feel pretty much the same. I used to like his show but it is just to much to watch now. It's the same thing over and over again. I can't take more then a few minutes and I have to turn the channel!

#11 destiny

destiny

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

I used to like Maury, but now in my opinion his show is trying to be like Jerry Springer. I don't watch his show anymore. What is he trying to do anyway?

#12 teamrose

teamrose

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

That baby momma drama is what's keep Maury a millionaire. People eat that stuff up. "YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!" There is no shame. After dragging in 4 or 5 guys you'd think the family would stop the women from repeating their disgrace.

#13 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I liked him so much better when he was a journalist for A Current Affair. At first when he got this talk show, it seemed to focus on normal, serious issues. But after awhile, it became all about "you ARE the father" all the time. When I watch it, it feels like the man lost his integrity.

#14 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Ha ha! I remember Maury. Yes I definitely remember he was the king of " and the father of your baby is...!". It's a shame because I really can't remember anything else about his show than the drama with the females and their cheating boyfriends.

#15 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Maury is disgusting. The fact that this man has been on the air with this garbage show longer than "Springer" is pathetic. Springer was funny when I was a teenager but I eventually outgrew it and matured. But I've never found "Maury" funny at all. And shame on Connie Chung for marrying this creepoid!

#16 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Maury is disgusting. The fact that this man has been on the air with this garbage show longer than "Springer" is pathetic. Springer was funny when I was a teenager but I eventually outgrew it and matured. But I've never found "Maury" funny at all. And shame on Connie Chung for marrying this creepoid!

Yes! That's one union I never quite understood. Connie Chung looked like she was a more polished , had her wits about her type of lady but obviously she married Maury so I guess that "wits about her" can be taken back. LOL

#17 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

I think there's something about that marriage we don't know though. Maybe it was sex related, or perhaps some strange attraction deal. I never understood the Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas union either.

#18 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I think there's something about that marriage we don't know though. Maybe it was sex related, or perhaps some strange attraction deal. I never understood the Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas union either.

Ha ha! That's another good one. I forgot about them. Odd couple but I think that marriage is on tight conditions. I read somewhere that they have a pre nup and one of Antonio's "requirements" is that Melanie remains 115 pounds. To each his own I guess. Regardless I'm sure it will fizzle.

#19 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think he has more money than she does so the prenup helps him if anything.

#20 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

You guys think those marriages were bad? How about when Whoopie Goldberg and Ted Danson married. That's over with now, but still...