• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

You guys think those marriages were bad? How about when Whoopie Goldberg and Ted Danson married. That's over with now, but still...

Oh another freaky marriage I forgot about. Talk about a marriage out of left field! I just don't get it. Celebrities marry like normal people change underwear. It really isn't sacred or mean anything. That such a shame.

#22 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

You guys think those marriages were bad? How about when Whoopie Goldberg and Ted Danson married. That's over with now, but still...

Oh another freaky marriage I forgot about. Talk about a marriage out of left field! I just don't get it. Celebrities marry like normal people change underwear. It really isn't sacred or mean anything. That such a shame.

Celebrity marriages are 90% of the time publicity stunts. That's why you get so many celebrity marriages that make you say "WTF"??

#23 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Aw come now, Whoopie and Ted were genuinely in love. You could see it in their eyes man! :lol:

#24 tashakay

tashakay

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

This show is pretty much the same thing over and over again. They may have different people but ugh after so many you are not the father it gets hard to watch. I am honestly still surprised the show is on the air.

#25 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

This show is pretty much the same thing over and over again. They may have different people but ugh after so many you are not the father it gets hard to watch. I am honestly still surprised the show is on the air.

YES! Which is why it still being on the air is amazing! I mean it's always "Paternity" tests, and cheating scandals. Who is watching this show???!

#26 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

What kills me about shows like this and Jerry Springer is the sheer volume of people willing to embarass themselves on national live television like that. If these are paid actors, I guess that's one thing. But if these are people with their real issues, airing it all out for the world to see....my god....

#27 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

They have to be getting paid something. Even if it's free all you can eat buffet. They have to be getting something for this kind of sadism.

#28 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

lol a free buffet?

Hmm... free food for a lifetime of shame, ridicule, and overall embarrassment or keeping my privacy and dignity....decisions decisions . Ok, I decided, bring on the food!!! lol

Ok, but seriously, it would be sad if they really are doing it for something like that.

#29 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I think Maury went out around the same time as Rikki Lake, Jerry Springer, Geraldo, Montel WIlliams and Sally Jesse Rapheal. Even Oprah changed her format when she saw where the trend was going. O-U -T ...... ALl of these shows were just so predictable. Sad story, mad guests that had no home training, fighting erupts, security comes out, then cut to commercial.

#30 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think Maury went out around the same time as Rikki Lake, Jerry Springer, Geraldo, Montel WIlliams and Sally Jesse Rapheal. Even Oprah changed her format when she saw where the trend was going. O-U -T ...... ALl of these shows were just so predictable. Sad story, mad guests that had no home training, fighting erupts, security comes out, then cut to commercial.

That's somewhat true. But at least Oprah, Montel, Rikki, Geraldo, and Sally never let their guest constantly get out of hand. People don't even remember this, but Springer was a NORMAL talk show like the rest when his show first started. As was Maury. Once Springer made guests acting like total idiots popular, every other show slipped because everyone would rather what people act like fools. And it worked considering the ratings Jerry got compared to the others.

#31 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I can't believe Springer went on as long as he did. The show was so predictable. The most annoying to me was that 99% of the dialog were swear words causing it to just be a "beeping" session, and after a few beeps over and over, it got really old.

#32 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I can't believe Springer went on as long as he did. The show was so predictable. The most annoying to me was that 99% of the dialog were swear words causing it to just be a "beeping" session, and after a few beeps over and over, it got really old.

I think it's because of the same reason most reality tv gets watched. It's just that people like to mock others and watch them look stupid in public. Springer unfortunately has made that trait insanely popular.

#33 SweetBeast

SweetBeast

Cordial

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Maury Povich, husband of Connie Chung (Big Brother hostess), known as the golf playing talk show host who specializes in baby momma drama.

The last time I watched Maury Povich, I had to turn it. It was so full of baby momma drama and who cheated on who, it reeked of Springer.

Agreed crossunitedfate, but I never went back to those shows & others like it! Full of garbage & a waste of air time! More power to those who make money off them & those who watch them, it's just not my cup of tea.

#34 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Agreed crossunitedfate, but I never went back to those shows & others like it! Full of garbage & a waste of air time! More power to those who make money off them & those who watch them, it's just not my cup of tea.

I'm with you on that. These sort of shows aren't for me either. But we live in a society where those with sense are outnumbered heavily by those without it. For every person that realizes this stuff is trash, there are about 5 other people that are reveling in it.

#35 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

My mother use to like to watch Maury back in the day when his talk show still had substance. When he tackled thought provoking issues and had shows where he would grant wishes to needy people. Back at this time his show was worth watching.

But now it would seem that his show has gone way of being another Jerry Springer. Its all about cheating and whose the father of what baby. Too bad the formula had to change, I think his show was better the other way.

#36 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Maury doesn't care though because he just wants to keep cashing those checks. Even when he gets as old as Barbara Walters, he'll still be up there giving the results of Goober and Sally Sue's paternity tests. If something bad happens to him, and he ends up having to communicate through a voice-activated wheel chair like Stephen Hawking in that episode of "The Simpsons"? Then so be it. Povich has no future in journalism or anything else. So this is all he's got.

#37 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

An acquaintance of mine was on Springer in the early 2000's. According to him it was all staged and faked. He was playing the "other guy" that some lady was cheating on her boyfriend with. In reality he's gay, which was kind of funny. I wasn't really shocked to find this out since the acting is so bad on the show. But it was kind of the final nail in the coffin for me to just stop watching these shows completely. Does anyone remember the Morton Downey Jr. Show? That was even trashier when it was on.

#38 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

I think that some of you are going a bit too far in saying that you feel as though Maury Povich - or his show - is as bad or as ratchet as jerry springer. I don't think that The Maury Povich Show is an angel or innocent by any means, because his production team goes out and finds some pretty hideous stories just to pull the rating in, but Jerry Springer is much worse in my opinion. There are no boundaries or rules with that show.

#39 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Springer makes no bones about the type of show he's after, it's just straight up trashy guests, salacious topics, and fighting. Even in the set design and logo you can see that. It's not trying to be a classy show that gets criticized for taking on low brow subject matter. Maury Povich does seem to be kind of sitting the fence, not sure if it wants to be full on camp at one moment and serious the other moment.

#40 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

Springer makes no bones about the type of show he's after, it's just straight up trashy guests, salacious topics, and fighting. Even in the set design and logo you can see that. It's not trying to be a classy show that gets criticized for taking on low brow subject matter. Maury Povich does seem to be kind of sitting the fence, not sure if it wants to be full on camp at one moment and serious the other moment.

Yes, I will agree that the Maury Povich show does try to give off a homely family TV type vibe, when it6 is as trashy as hell sometimes, but Jerry Springer is purely about the trashiness. Maury will sometimes have different types of shows like the people who have phobias of things, and people who will hypnotize them into no longer being scared of whatever it was that they were afraid of to begin with. Then there are those animal shows that he does.

Edited by pipergale, 17 August 2013 - 05:13 AM.