• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Are you watching the current season of Hell's Kitchen? I love this show. Barbie seems to be the contestant to hate this time, and you know the producers will keep her around longer because she makes for good television.

#2 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have not seen any of this season. I have watched most of the other seasons. I love how Chef Ramsey is so mean to them. I will have to watch it soon to check Barbie out. Heck with a name like that, it would be hard not to hate her.

#3 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

I've been watching this show since season 1 and I'm currently watching the latest season. Contestants of this show are becoming more aggressive and it makes the show more interesting. Barbie surely makes a target of the red team but I don't think she is the weakest link.

#4 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Oh yes, they are definitely more aggressive; as the seasons go on, they seem more prone to throwing each other under the bus. What I don't understand is when chefs don't listen to their own instincts; someone else will tell them to cook something differently than they think it should be done. It's inevitably badly cooked and they get mad because someone else told them to do it that way.

#5 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I actually caught my first episode of the season last night, and I'm a huge Gordon Ramsey fan. I've watched the show avidly since it's inception, and I adore it. I missed the first couple of episodes because our channel Fox here in Kentucky, or WDRB was dragging their feet about renewing their contract with Insight, my cable and internet provider. Because of the conflict between the two, they took my channel 9 away for a couple of weeks :( Talk about angry. But I'm watching it now, and I have to say there is one cast member that absolutely disgusts me, and I'm not even sure of her name yet, but she was in the hot tub drinking with one other girl and a man from the other team and the man said something about one of her teammates about her choice of cooking with a certain tortilla.

So when the lush makes her way back into the house, she relayed the comment that was made, only she said it was one of the women, part of her own team that said it. So now there's unnecessary tension and negative feelings all around rather than a cohesive unit because one drunk chick flapped her gums and couldn't even get the damn story straight.

#6 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Let's make this topic more interesting by telling us your bet. I bet that Guy would be on the finals but I'm not sure if he will win the game.

#7 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

Man I knew I was forgetting something. I love Hell's Kitchen but, I've been tossed to and fro emotionally and mentally lately and haven't been aware of the day of the week much less what's on. I need to catch up, so I'll visit the site for a recap and then watch next week to get back on track.

#8 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yes, you should watch this season as the contestants are at each other's necks. I have to change my bet as Guy didn't come up to good expectations this week. Now I don't have a person to vote for as it is everybody's game.

#9 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

I am leaning toward Robyn or Brian, but it's really too early to tell. Someone like Tavon, who's floating under the radar, may suddenly come out and beat everyone else.

#10 Deborah1962

Deborah1962

Cordial

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef (same Gordon Ramsey) have contestants at each other's throats, that's what makes the shows work. If everyone got along, there wouldn't be much point watching. Last year's fang fest was probably the only thing that made the show watchable. How many times can you watch someone botch the fish in Hell's Kitchen before it grows old?

#11 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I'm really surprised at how little drama Barbie has been starting lately. I pegged her as the diva, but she's gotten rather quiet compared to some of other contestants, like Kimmie and Robyn.

#12 Filigurl

Filigurl

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I used to watch Hell's Kitchen but after a while found Gordon Ramsey to be a bit too tantrum-throwing for my liking. I know he swears, has a temper and is very passionate about what he does, but sometimes I think he goes a bit too far.

#13 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

I love Gordon Ramsey and we have seen most all of his shows including the UK Kitchen Nightmares, and his new show Hotel Hell. I am eagerly awaiting the season finale this week. Who do you think is going to win this time Christina or Justin?

#14 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

I love Gordon Ramsey and we have seen most all of his shows including the UK Kitchen Nightmares, and his new show Hotel Hell. I am eagerly awaiting the season finale this week. Who do you think is going to win this time Christina or Justin?

I want Cristina to win, but I think Justin is going to win. Do you think Clemenza is gone or do you think they talked him into staying?

#15 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I watch this show everytime it's on TV and I'm bored. The emcee is really mean and hard on the contestants but it's fun how the contestants can still cook under that pressure! :))

#16 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

I love it! It's a show I can watch while I work because I'm not going to miss important details. It keeps my attention the whole time, though. I love Chef Ramsey. Of course he's tough and mean, but you also get to see his soft side at times and you know he's only doing it to push his chefs....and well, for the TV drama that gets the ratings.

#17 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I like Gordon Ramsey too however often times miss the shows when they come on. I always miss out on the schedule. I really need to DVR it. I'm a fan of Hell's Kitchen and I've seen a few episodes of Hotel hell. I like them both however I like him in his element in the kitchen best.

#18 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

You know, back when Ramsey was working his shows on Food Network, the man was humble. He was nice and you never would have thought he was the demon he is on Hell's Kitchen. So imagine my shock when I first saw Hell's Kitchen. I was like " is that REALLY Ramsey"??

#19 ChanellG

ChanellG

Friendly

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I love Hell's Kitchen and I look forward to every new season. It's my favorite of all the Gordon Ramsey shows. There have certainly been some memorable characters through the years. A lot of those would be chefs are hard enough to watch, I wouldn't want to have to be in a busy kitchen with them.

#20 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

I love Hell's Kitchen and I look forward to every new season. It's my favorite of all the Gordon Ramsey shows. There have certainly been some memorable characters through the years. A lot of those would be chefs are hard enough to watch, I wouldn't want to have to be in a busy kitchen with them.

Honestly, don't take what you see there at face value. Many of them perform bad because they have that demon named Ramsey breathing down their necks.