• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

The Sally Show, Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones were my three favorite shows. Jenny Jones was so scandalous! I felt like Sally was the grandma I never had and Jenny was the wild aunt I always wanted to go to the mall with. Ricki's show was good, but her guests were so outrageous that it sometimes turned me off. I wonder what happened to Jenny.

#42 bigbrain50

bigbrain50

Cordial

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

What talk shows do you remember watching in the past? What about them attracted you to them? Do you prefer today's versions or those of the past?

Like sands through the hour glass, so are The Days of Our Lives" that was my favourite soap opera when I was kid, that and Santa Barbera

#43 jneanz

jneanz

Cordial

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Does anyone remember the Richard Bey or Morton Downey shows?  The latter was more social-political and borderline violent but both were entertaining.  Richard Bey knew he was silly and I think the guests even knew that they were not to be taken too seriously but the great thing was that there was no violence. :)

I also remember watching Ricki Lake in the 90s and hate that her show was not renewed when she made her comeback in 2012/13.  I liked Jenny Jones because she pretty much kept things light (the guest incident aside).  However, I do remember they were giving everybody that was somebody a talk show in the 90s (like Tempest Bledsoe, who had no real personality) and the genre died a brief death.

I think Springer and shows like it stay on because people want to see others in misery.

#44 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

I remember seeing a lot of Ricki Lake, though I can't remember when or why I would have been watching it! Same with Jerry Springer, actually.

#45 STEPHiE08

STEPHiE08

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

I really miss the Ricki Lake show but the OLD one. It brings up a lot of memories from my child hood. I have a lot of memories watching it with my sister who has passed away. It also reminds me of the 90s and how awesome they were! Wow! I really do miss the 90s!

#46 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Did anyone ever watch ''Cristina''?  I didn't really love that show, but I got to watch it very often, because back when I was little we didn't have cable TV or anything like that, so our choices were very little :(  It was a good talk show tho.  I liked it because it was entetaining, yet a serious talk show!

I watched similar talk shows in the past and most of them were such a ridiculous joke, funny enough, because it was more than obvious they wanted to ''imitate'' Cristina. Right!  If only!   Her show reminds me of some really good things :)  My childhood during the 90's, what a wonderful decade to be a child!

#47 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

Daytime tv has gotten worse partially because most of the best people have left it behind. And the biggest blow came from Oprah leaving her show.

What more could Oprah do other than interviewing God, Satan, or the ghost of Elvis? Is there any major celebrity who hasn't sat down with Oprah? Before she went off the air? I don't think so. Some have sat down with her twice! In the end, it was time to walk away.

LOL, true that!  When I think about it (having followed the Oprah show since the stat), about watching other talk shows where people get interviewed... I ask myself: ''What's the point?''.  I mean, as you said Oprah has interviewed everyone I can think of in the show biz scene and politicians, so I wonder if watching another talk show would add anything to that...  I think those guys have said it all, no? 

Plus the guys I'd really like to see interviewed are out of the reach of most of those talk show hosts. Ah well, maybe one day.

#48 TatsuKaji

TatsuKaji

Cordial

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

Daytime tv has gotten worse partially because most of the best people have left it behind. And the biggest blow came from Oprah leaving her show.

What more could Oprah do other than interviewing God, Satan, or the ghost of Elvis? Is there any major celebrity who hasn't sat down with Oprah? Before she went off the air? I don't think so. Some have sat down with her twice! In the end, it was time to walk away.

LOL, true that!  When I think about it (having followed the Oprah show since the stat), about watching other talk shows where people get interviewed... I ask myself: ''What's the point?''.  I mean, as you said Oprah has interviewed everyone I can think of in the show biz scene and politicians, so I wonder if watching another talk show would add anything to that...  I think those guys have said it all, no? 

Plus the guys I'd really like to see interviewed are out of the reach of most of those talk show hosts. Ah well, maybe one day.

The next episode on Oprah after she interviews God and Satan is when she goes to another Galaxy and starts interviewing their stars and their gods. Intergalactic Oprah Empire is formed..  I know its exaggeration but you never know it could happen hahaha.

#49 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

The next episode on Oprah after she interviews God and Satan is when she goes to another Galaxy and starts interviewing their stars and their gods. Intergalactic Oprah Empire is formed..  I know its exaggeration but you never know it could happen hahaha.

Hahahaha, man you are funny!!!!  LOL, it sounds spot on, lol!  LOL, I'd love Oprah to interview God, then Satan, then Aliens and then...lol, who knows... the master of the universe? Now if only we could develop a technology to bring back the death, for at least one day, now that would be interesting. It would be cool if she could interview all those dead presidents! I'd like to hear what they have to say!