• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Suits is currently in its second season on the USA network. There were only 12 episodes so it is not impossible to catch up

#2 Tasky

Tasky

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Wondering if anyone has checked out the show "Suits?" It's about a law firm and the theme is centered around a couple of attorneys and their cases. This is a very good show and the new season starts tomorrow, 06/14/2012 on USA @ 10pm est.

Posted Image

#3 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

I have never heard of Suits. Is it still on? I know a lot of TV shows (new) don't make it through the first season. I have not seen this anywhere. I do think we have enough "lawyer shows" though.

#4 Tasky

Tasky

Noob

• 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

I had never heard of it either .. was able to watch all of season 1 in one day via Xfinity On Demand (this is not an advertisement for Comcast) .. also, I am not fond of "lawyer shows" either, and there probably are too many .. but Suits is surprisingly good .. From the picture above, left to right, here's a quick rundown on what the main characters are about .. Gina Torres plays Jessica Pearson, the head of the law firm, she can be too smart for her own good but don't underestimate her ability to run the firm .. Rick Hoffman plays "Louis" who has no friends outside of the firm and most of his co-workers can't stand him because he is a conniving back-stabber .. Meghan Markle plays Rachel, the firm's very attractive paralegal and a very interesting love affair is brewing between her and Mike Ross (played by Patrick Adams, and the character is not really a lawyer, faked his way into the firm), .. to Rachel's left is Harvey Spector (played by Gabriel Macht) who matches wits with Jessica Pearson, he is her right-hand-man, and the dude is suave, savvy, and rarely gets tripped up, he's also a bachelor and a player, but doesn't seem to let it interfere with his job... Mike Ross is to Harvey's right .. faked his way into the firm by accident (you'd have to watch episode 1, season 1 to see how that happened) but he has a brilliant mind and makes one heck on an attorney, but his secret, in Season 2, is about to blow up in his face.

There are other characters that add spice to this series .. I can't lie (and I usually only watch sports, comedies, and some Showtime/HBO/Starz movies, rarely do I watch these type shows or reality shows) but I cannot lie, I'm loving "Suits."

Suits Trailer

#5 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

There are many a wonderful show on USA Network. Suits is fun, especially the first episode. The premiere of season 2 is happily awaiting my viewing on my DVR, so I would definitely recommend it.

UPDATE: Watching it now. Forgot how awesome Donna is.

#6 toobi

toobi

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Season 2 Finale:

Did anyone else literally laugh out loud to see Harvey end up getting stoned with Mike? It was nice seeing Harvey in a little less of a 'suit' moment, you know?

I loved seeing even Louis end up voting to get rid of Daniel. He's my favorite 'love-to-hate' character of any show right now. I wanted to see Harvey deck him, didn't you?

I almost cried when Rachel came to the door, all ready to go for it, and that chick from Mike's past strolled through with the sheet wrapped around her. The look of heartbreak on her face was killer.

I thought 'High Noon' was an excellent finale to Season 2 and I can't wait for January to see new episodes.

#7 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Louis Litt looks like a rat and really acts like it too. This was top-notch casting by the crew. He is somehow one of my favorite characters but I hate him so much at the same time. Donna is just too hot for words...I can't take her seriously sometimes because I am too busy drooling over her.

The episode where Harvey and Mike got stoned had me cracking up...I could really imagine that whole thing playing out the way it did...they were like real life Beavis and Butthead, haha.

#8 toobi

toobi

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

The episode where Harvey and Mike got stoned had me cracking up...I could really imagine that whole thing playing out the way it did...they were like real life Beavis and Butthead, haha.

That was great, wasn't it? I still think they should have went ahead and peed like they talked about. Louis is such a jerk. You're right, though, he is the perfect guy for that part.

#9 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

Louis Litt looks like a rat and really acts like it too. This was top-notch casting by the crew. He is somehow one of my favorite characters but I hate him so much at the same time. Donna is just too hot for words...I can't take her seriously sometimes because I am too busy drooling over her.

The season finale was great! I loved how Harvey was telling Mike what the tacks were used for and the doors to the elevator closed. I think the new season starts in January. Now, if the would renew Common Law --- I would be all set.

#10 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

I didn't catch this show until the second season. So I ended up seeing the entire second season before I saw the first. But I have to say I love this show. But one can only wonder how long Harvey and Mike can keep up this deception without getting themselves in over their head.

I mean yeah sure Jessica knows now, but she was going to fire him until Harvey pretty much saved Mike's job by threatening to leave if she fired him. And now with the villain beaten and gone (Daniel Hardman), I can see Jessica becoming a semi enemy and going back to trying to fire Mike.

#11 janky

janky

Shy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

I love this show. I think that its one of the best shows on television right now. The directors did an absolutely incredible job on casting for the crew. Everybody has great chemistry. My favorite character on the show is Harvey. He just has a smooth presence about him. I cant wait until the show comes back in January.

#12 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

I love this show. I think that its one of the best shows on television right now. The directors did an absolutely incredible job on casting for the crew. Everybody has great chemistry. My favorite character on the show is Harvey. He just has a smooth presence about him. I cant wait until the show comes back in January.

Yeah, Harvey's character is on point. But truth be told, I think I like his "evil" counterpart better, Tanner. Of course, he isn't a main character so you won't see him nearly as much. But I think Tanner makes a better "Harvey" than Harvey does. Or would anyway.

#13 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

Official Website

#14 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thank you for the thread. I love this show!

The main story is completely unrealistic and the story lines are hypocritical without a doubt, but it's still entertaining nonetheless.

Season one started off slow but ended strong; now I'm watching season two and so far so good.

Louis Litt is a great and necessary character.

#15 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

The title should be Michael, not Harvey

Harvey is good looking but Michael is like a GOD! But what would Harvey be? He is practically Michael's savior.

The way he got hired at firm sold me

WINNING!

Louis Litt is a great and necessary character.

He is very creepy. I love his first meeting with Mike

#16 UmiNoor

UmiNoor

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I just love this show. I've watched every one of the episodes from Season 1 through to Season 2 and I'm so looking forward to Season 3. I agree the way Michael was hired by Harvey is quite unreal but it's totally possible to happen.

And Louis Litt is a little creepy but quite a necessary character as he's the "villain" that everyone loves to hate.

#17 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Is Louis suppose to be gay?

Harvey shouldn't have signed the false testimony that he slept with the judge's wife. He did so the genius guy's patent will win. He says he doesn't care but he acts differently

#18 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Yay Cybagem is watching this with me!

Louis is not gay, he loves the ladies! Though he does have some effeminate qualities about him.

I'm up to episode 7 in season two. I may not be able to watch more than an episode or two a night or I might just save the rest until next weekend.

#19 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yay Cybagem is watching this with me!

Louis is not gay, he loves the ladies! Though he does have some effeminate qualities about him.

I'm up to episode 7 in season two. I may not be able to watch more than an episode or two a night or I might just save the rest until next weekend.

Well it kept you up so I had to see it lol

I can't wait for Homeland to be over so I can go back to watching

#20 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Was Quentin's girlfriend (Jessica's ex-husband) Lisa, played by the same actress who plays the lead on Scandal? If they aren't then they must be related. They look like the same person to me

I am dreading when Mike starts screwing Jenny. It is inevitable now that he's gone to Montana.