• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#21 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

This sounds more like a drama than a comedy. Is it really that funny? It doesn't sound like it would be.

#22 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

It is compared to Friends often so you be the judge of that lol

I personally love it. Don't think they get enough recognition from the media etc

#23 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Great episode. I loved Penny's storyline but my favorite line was when Jane said she is going upstairs to buzz one out

The gym bullying was as realistic as this show gets lol. Two gay guys going slow-mo on a treadmill. Priceless

Another good line, I like my gays with vagina. Never change Brad

#24 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't believe Alex was a bully in school. The girl who played a young Alex, just no

Dave kinda annoyed me in this episode, no Dave Max can do better than Bobby Moynihan, remember that hank called Grant?

#25 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Lesbian Alex and her Ellen outfit was the best part of this episode. She's gotten so much better than season 1

#26 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

My shipper self is always on the lookout for shippy moments so I noticed Alex' lie that Dave is dying.

Things that make you go hmmm

#27 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

Good news for Happy Endings

http://tvbythenumber...to-year/126592/

#28 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Good news for Happy Endings

http://tvbythenumber...to-year/126592/

Very soon we'll start winning all the awards and become the IT sitcom on the air.

How long did it take for shows like Friends, Will and Grace etc to become popular? Happy Endings had a slow start but I think we are going places :P

#29 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

Very soon we'll start winning all the awards and become the IT sitcom on the air.

LOL

It'll be great, the show has so much promise

#30 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I thought is was good. Not great, but good

Loved the waitress from Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Also loved little Penny, good casting

#31 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Spoilers for the finale from Kristen. Here we go with another triangle

Spoiler: click to toggle

Source

#32 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I caved and watched the first 4 minutes of the preview

#33 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I caved and watched the first 4 minutes of the preview

#34 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am so happy!

I need a gif of Dave grabbing Alex' hand right now!

#35 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Dave loves Alex. He can't help himself. I predict they'll work towards a reunion next season. It took two seasons but it is inevitable. I don't mind them but I don't want the show to go down the Penny/Dave/Alex triangle route

I'll miss the show. ... liked the finale ... really liked it. Max and Penny went from being my favorites to least favorites this season but Max won me over with his Man .. Donna cover. Like a Prayer it is!

Poor Jane getting stuck that ugly suit

#36 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

He is unemployed, poor Brad. Does he join Max in looser corner now?

I am partial to Alex and Dave (in case anyone missed it the 100th time I mentioned it) so I don't like the idea of a triangle, least of all with Penny. She, Alex and Dave have been close friends since childhood, I don't see how they can go there with Dave/Penny without it changing the dynamic of the group. I like them as is - I hate changes

Every word out of Max' mouth had me spitting out. Adam Pally's comedic timing is impeccable, Max should go on tour with his Man .. Donna band. I'll buy the tickets

#37 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Every word out of Max' mouth had me spitting out. Adam Pally's comedic timing is impeccable, Max should go on tour with his Man .. Donna band. I'll buy the tickets

He and Damon Wayans Jr are comedic gold. But the ladies are also bringing it. Eliza, Casey and Elisha are just as good at comedic timing. You all saw Jane's Angelina pose and Penny's dance moves with Skype perve

Season one finale centered around a wedding as did season two, a tradition maybe?

#38 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Late to the party, I didn't watch the finale until late last night

I understand the wariness for the triangle but I have faith the writers will handle it in the proper fashion. Alex and Dave are my preferred couple but I am not worried about Dave/Penny. I'll start worrying if/when I see anything resembling romantic feelings from Dave's end.

There is something about the way Dave looks at Alex that makes me tingle on the inside. He loves her. They are both in a place where they can make a go for it again. He had his meltdown by dating school children, time to grow up

Who else googled "Things That Are Gay"?. Max was in top form in the finale

#39 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Happy Endings Showrunners Answers Your Questions

The finale is the 21st episode to air this season, but your order was for 22.
This actually will be episode 21, and we’ll have one leftover that’s sort of a stand-alone episode. We don’t have an airdate for it yet. But I would assume sometime in the next month or so. It was a scheduling thing. [It will have] no effect on any serialized type of storytelling.

So we have another episode to look forward to in coming weeks. Excellent.

#40 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

There is also the websodes to catch up on if you haven't watched them . They are short but really funny

I hear you about the Dave/Alex/Penny triangle. I get that emotions get muddled after so many years of being friends, I get that. Maybe Penny on the outside looking in, have always thought of Dave as a wonderful boyfriend/fiancee, may not have gotten why Alex will leave him the way she did. Who knows WTF that chick is thinking anyway, she only attracts the weird guys, anyone will look good in comparison . I hope you are right and this doesn't dominate in season 3. We are getting a season 3. Come on, get on the positive train with me

Their relationship name should be Deric.
Well, Alex struggles mightily with, should their relationship name be Deric or Eric. You went right to it! That is her big dilemma. She feels we gotta figure that out.

That quote from the interview is why I love Alex so much. She is just as shallow as I am