• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#141 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Some wild speculation for you Happy Endings fans.

http://ohnotheydidnt...m/93937971.html

http://itsalmo.st/#anewday_tlojt

Ugh Dave no 1 curr

:lol:

#142 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

The Happy Endings writer's twitter account has been teasing about an announcement since February. Tomorrow around 3pm est the announcement will be revealed.

Happy Endings ‏@happywrites

See ya tomorrow. Around noon-ish PST! #HappyEndings

https://twitter.com/...074301168914432

Hmm. The guy that plays Dave has a new comedy though.

#143 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

I missed the new episodes too. I can't wait to catch up!

ABC is dropping the hammer on another show eh? What aren't they cancelling these days? I am surprised they haven't tried to revive Sabrina The Teenage Witch or Roseanne yet.

They haven't canceled it yet. It is on the watch list though 

#144 NickJ

NickJ

Friendly

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm waiting for them to cancel Nashville. What an annoying show that is. It also plays against the image southerners try and project. Which is wholesome, salt of the earth, and go fearing. Yet in this show, it's cheating, scandal, affairs, and other non christian stuff. Yet it's popular anyways with a certain demo. Weird.

#145 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

FInally watched the full hour -- 2 episodes -- last night. I didn't care for the second one at all. Jane and Alex were sidelined for long periods of time

I laughed so hard when I saw the red marker from one of Alex' teachers "F- IS THIS A JOKE?" written on her test. Ha!

Since Penny said she would not be even friends with Dave if they met now, can we assume the icky Dave/Penny tease is over?  Thank you

#146 GGirls

GGirls

Friendly

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

I love every storyline that involves Alex and Jane's roots. Serbians are fearless!

I hope Penny's cold feet is just that. I liked them together  

Second episode is the worst this season. I am not a Penny but I don't hate her. I just don't want the whole episode to be about her. 

Edited by GGirls, 12 April 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#147 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I liked both episodes. Alex thinking out loud will never get old.  I love her love for everything!

#148 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

So cold feet...weren't just cold feet, huh?

She actually made a very mature decision by calling it off. I was surprised.

#149 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I liked them, was disappointed she broke it off but I agree it was a mature decision

I was so happy to see the car Czar. Loved Jane'e disdain for him

Alex and Dave are equally dumb but Alex recognizes she is dumb lol

#150 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

"I was so happy to see the car Czar. Loved Jane'e disdain for him"

He's so annoying, but it is quite hilarious when they feature him like that. I really enjoyed him (the actor) as part of Childrens Hospital on Adult Swim, so I tend to associate him with that still, too.

#151 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

That was a disappointing finale. It didn't work as a season finale, much less a series finale.

The out of nowhere oldest sister for Jane and Alex felt like the show had run out of ideas. 

Lastly, if this could be the end of the series, what was the point of breaking up Alex and Dave. They never invested in them as a couple so leave them be 

#152 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

I liked the oldest Kerovick sister! Jane reverts to the Alex in the family when she is around. I liked that Max said they've never mentioned her before. It was like a wink from the writer's acknowledging that this did come out of nowhere

I do agree that this wedding felt recycled. Ending every season with a wedding is HE's trademark so I expected the wedding. Because the bride was closely tied to Jane and Alex and we haven't heard of her before, it felt like they added them just to have a wedding. It would have worked better if the bride and groom were guest stars we've already met

I hope they are renewed :(

#153 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Officially canceled    http://tvline.com/20...-cancelled-abc/

I hope USA picks it up 

#154 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

It was bound to happen

I stopped caring after I read an interview with the writers in which they confirmed that they were never invested in Alex/Dave. So they put them together and did a half ass job of writing for them as a couple. What was the point?

The whole season when they were "together" they could have used that time to write different, better story lines for them. It might not have saved the show but it'll be one less storyline that felt forced 

#155 Erin

Erin

Cordial

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Exactly!

What was the point of a whole season of Dave/Alex if the writers weren't invested in them anyway. It was just a waste of time and stringing along fans 

I am all whatever on the cancellation. Better shows have been cancelled. Next time, maybe don't write and act as if everyone is on speed? Somewhere along the line, watching what should be a comedy felt like watching a rat race

#156 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Some wild speculation for you Happy Endings fans.

http://ohnotheydidnt...m/93937971.html

http://itsalmo.st/#anewday_tlojt

#157 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

I am torn, on one hand I love the way it ended. It was nice to end where it started. On the other hand I need my weekly Damon Wayans fix.

#158 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

The Happy Endings writer's twitter account has been teasing about an announcement since February. Tomorrow around 3pm est the announcement will be revealed.

Happy Endings @happywrites

See ya tomorrow. Around noon-ish PST! #HappyEndings

https://twitter.com/...074301168914432