• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rekoj09

Rekoj09

Friendly

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm a big fan of the show, but it can get a bit cheesey at times. Don't get me wrong--I think it does an excellent job of highlighting different family dynamics in general. I study a lot of psychology and sociology in school, so I pick up on a lot of things that the casual watcher may or may not. They're entitled to their dramatic license, of course. I really like Craig T. Nelson in the show, especially now that he's kind of losing it (which isn't really supposed to be funny, but I think it makes things interesting). I wish Adam would be more patient at times, but then I know he's under a lot of stress too. The characters are a bit exaggerated--but hey, that's what makes them interesting.

#2 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Anyone watch the TV show Parenthood? I am hooked! I watched both seasons so far and I love it. The show is about 1 family (parents) and their adult kids (and their families). One family has a child with a disability. Another one is a split up family. One family is struggling to have another child. The fourth family is a bi-racial family and he cheated on her. It is funny at times but serious at times. Anyone a fan? What did you think about the last season? I can't wait to see this season.

#3 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

No, I haven't even heard of it! Who is in it? What channel does it air on? It sounds like it could be very interesting. Does it get too heavy or do they keep it light even when it's serious?

#4 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

The mom and dad are Zeek and Camille Braveman. Zeek is Craig Nelson. Peter Krause is Adam Braveman - he is the father of the disabled boy (yet they tell him he is not). There are a lot of others too. It's not too heavy but it does touch on great points of parenthood. I laugh every single show. It's on NBC but right now it's not on. I am not sure when it comes back.

#5 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Did anyone see the most recent episode? I think they're handling the cancer situation pretty well. I'm a bit concerned about what's going on with the family who has an adopted child. Julia tries so hard, but I think she might lose it on this one.

The spoilers for next week are quite interesting, too.

#6 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

I feel so bad that she had to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital.

I can't believe that Amber actually broke up with her boyfriend. I could've sworn that she would've been hanging all over him and trying to 'fix' him. She showed so much strength by walking away, even though it obviously hurt her.

#7 cg303

cg303

Cordial

• 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

I love this show . I missed a couple of episode's last season.  I cant wait till the new season starts I hear Ray Ramano will be making a couple of appearances.  I love how you can relate to certain topics in this show.  

#8 Wayne Clark

Wayne Clark

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Parenthood is definitely one of my favorite shows on TV at the moment and one that I think is severely underrated. I've seen every episode and the cast is just so amazing. Everyone does a great job and last season was the best in my opinion. Reakky excited to see what happens next with the braverman family.

#9 PamM

PamM

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

I really like this show. I've always liked the family dramas like Brothers and Sisters etc It can get a bit cheesy at times but I think that's its charm  :)

#10 Tempe

Tempe

Cordial

• 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

I like Parenthood a lot. It is wonderful to see the closeness of the Braverman family. I'm definitely looking forward to the new season.

#11 AshleyJoy

AshleyJoy

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

No, I haven't even heard of it! Who is in it? What channel does it air on? It sounds like it could be very interesting. Does it get too heavy or do they keep it light even when it's serious?

While I haven't actually seen the show, I am curious to watch it because it has the mother from Gilmore Girls in it. I sometimes pick up new shows because they have a beloved actor from another show in them. I know this show was nominated for a Network Television award along with Grey's Anatomy. Parenthood may have one, I cannot recall. It seems like a very beloved show, and I think it is on Netflix :)

#12 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I didn't watch when it first came out because the commercials for it where so boring.  I started watching it last year on Netflix when I ran out of other stuff to watch, and once I got past the first few episodes, I fell in love with.  I love the family dynamic, four 30 or 40 something siblings, with kids of their own, and their parents.  I like that the family seems real, they have problems, they fight among themselves, but they always come together.  I'm just sad that now that I've gotten into it, this is the last season.  I hate to see it go, I think there's still a lot they could explore.  Oh well. 

#13 maladjusted

maladjusted

Friendly

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

SPOILER!

Just watched the series finale.  Boo!  I hate to see it go.  I've really gotten invested in the Braverman's and their lives.  However, I have to say, they did a really good job of finishing the series.  I was sad to see Zeke die, but we knew it was coming.  I really like the way they wrapped up each of the characters lives, and showed them at different points in the future.  We see that there will be a new generation, and that they are all doing well.  They will stay a loving - sometimes fighting - family.  It was well done. 

#14 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

I have to give them props for the finale, too. They did right by it by finishing up several of the story lines and show how they will move forward with their lives. I don't feel cheated by any crazy twists. They really did it as a "they live happily ever ever" ending...but also kept it realistic that lots of twists were still to come for them down the road.