• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I just saw a documentary about the music artist Sting . It was made in 2001 and chronicled an intimate concert he was preparing for on his estate. They showed all the musicians he had flown in from around the world, and how they came together create an unprecedented event and sound. If you are a music lover or a fan of Sting it is a must see.

#42 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

I mean, society insists that  we be polite. I hate being polite. If I am not feeling polite then I don't see why I should have to fake it. Being false really taxes me emotionally. But I know people who are just false automatically due to having been socialized in this jacked up society that we live in. A society that teaches people to ignore how thy feel and suppress their own feelings just so that others can be comfortable.

#43 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

I love watching Documentaries, but my boyfriend and I don't always see eye to eye on which ones to watch! I like watching gritty drug docs or food docs and he likes sports documentaries. I don't know how to meet in the middle! Any suggestions?

#44 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:27 AM

I love the murder Dateline ones, though I haven't watched them in a while. They always leave me feeling a little scared lol - like anything could happen at any time. I will be walking around my house at night and every noise makes me jump and or go and see where the noise originated from.

#45 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I watch a lot of crime documentaries then immediately regret it when I spend most of the night convinced that someone's going to break into my house and kill me. I can never get to sleep after watching them either!

#46 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

I watch a lot of crime documentaries then immediately regret it when I spend most of the night convinced that someone's going to break into my house and kill me. I can never get to sleep after watching them either!

Oh don't flatter yourself, Frightmare. Nobody is going to murder you lmao!!! Just kidding. I don't live alone. I still live with my parents at this time. I can always get to sleep. I have never had any trouble getting to sleep, no matter what is going on in my life lol. These murder investigation shows are just too interesting not to watch for me though, simply because I always want more information on how the human mind works.

#47 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Oh don't flatter yourself, Frightmare. Nobody is going to murder you lmao!!! Just kidding. I don't live alone. I still live with my parents at this time. I can always get to sleep. I have never had any trouble getting to sleep, no matter what is going on in my life lol. These murder investigation shows are just too interesting not to watch for me though, simply because I always want more information on how the human mind works.

Wow, for a second then I was like "Damn, what did I do this time?!" Lmao! I still live with my parents too but even then I can't get to sleep sometimes. Maybe I should stop watching shows about murder in the middle of the night!

Edited by frightmare, 11 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#48 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

One time my parents mother and her annoying boyfriend went on holiday, and they took their children with them too. So I was alone in this house for a week and a little bit. my sister and her boyfriend went along too, and I was all alone in the area that we live in. I REALLY enjoyed it. But I didn't watch anything even remotely scary. The silence tends to get to you if you do.

#49 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

I often get left alone when my mom goes on holiday with her boyfriend and my siblings and every time I end up getting hardly any sleep because I'm so scared! I agree completely, the silence does get to you. That doesn't stop me from watching scary things though! You'd think I'd have learnt by now.

#50 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

I often get left alone when my mom goes on holiday with her boyfriend and my siblings and every time I end up getting hardly any sleep because I'm so scared! I agree completely, the silence does get to you. That doesn't stop me from watching scary things though! You'd think I'd have learnt by now.

Well I definitely got some sleep. Each and every night. Things seldom get in between me and my sleep lol. I wouldn't care if a demon was standing at the bottom of my bed lol. Now, when I go outside the back to smoke at night - well that is a different story lol.The slightest movement from the trees or a twig snapping makes me jump.

#51 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

There was a documentary about the Columbine high school shooting on Channel 5 yesterday that I'm going to check out later. Anyone else see it? I've been interested in it for a long time so I don't know how much of it's going to be anything I don't already know.

#52 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Have you seen the Haunting In Connecticut documentary? I mean I know that there is a movie based on it - which is not scary and sucks, by the way. But the actual Discovery Channel documentary was amazing and spine chillingly scary. Maybe it was the narrator's deep masculine voice.

#53 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Have you seen the Haunting In Connecticut documentary? I mean I know that there is a movie based on it - which is not scary and sucks, by the way. But the actual Discovery Channel documentary was amazing and spine chillingly scary. Maybe it was the narrator's deep masculine voice.

I've never heard of that before. I love things like that so I'm definitely gonna check it out! The narrator's voice always helps to set the mood of any documentary, I find. Sometimes the narrator's voice is really annoying and I can't watch the rest of the program because it kind of ruins it for me.

#54 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

You won't find it on Yotube, since they have blocked it. You have to make certain that it is not the movie that you stumble upon. The documentary was a part of that TV series called A Haunting a few years back? It was quite a long episode - longer than usual.

#55 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Damn it. I hate when Youtube blocks things! I'm sure I'll find it somewhere. Thanks for the info!

#56 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Here, I found the link to part one. It is split up into parts like it would be on Youtube, so the rest of the episodes are in the suggested videos side bar. Here: http://www.dailymoti...ticu_shortfilms

#57 frightmare

frightmare

Friendly

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

Here, I found the link to part one. It is split up into parts like it would be on Youtube, so the rest of the episodes are in the suggested videos side bar. Here: http://www.dailymoti...ticu_shortfilms

Ah, you are a life saver! Thank you very much! I'll bookmark the link to watch at a later date.

#58 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

You are welcome. Though I wouldn't call myself a life saver lmao!!! Next you will be awarding me the Nobel prize for finding a cure for cancer or Aids, which already have cures, but they are being kept under wraps. But I digress lol...

#59 jneanz

jneanz

Cordial

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

The most fascinating documentary I've seen in recent features a man with a 132-lb scrotum.  It originally aired on TLC a couple of years ago but I just happened to catch it while on bedrest earlier this year.  It showed him dealing with the healthcare system, support of friends and family members and his inner thoughts.  Though he was a little crass, my heart went out to him when he expressed wanting to have a normal life.

Though he eventually got the surgery needed, he would pass on shortly after.

#60 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

Lmao Jneanz. I had to laugh when I read your above post. I have never seen that documentary. Just when you think that you have seen it all, something else always crops up that is even more outrageous than the last thing. Is this documentary on Youtube?