• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

A satirical look at three different families and the trials they face in each of their own uniquely comedic ways.

Posted Image

#2 gktime

gktime

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

I have seen this show one time. It was one of the better comedies out nowadays, but I still think it wasn't that good.

#3 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Modern Family gives an outer perspective into the lives of different families the Dunphys, the Prichets & the gays (Cam & Mitch). The most likeable part of the show is the chemistry between all the actors and they all seem to gel very well. Its a good family comedy and is a hit in our home.

#4 dave

dave

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Wish I had a family like that, life would have been much easier and satisfying :-)

#5 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

The three family members are enough to keep everyone occupied so no more outside influence is needed. Liked it from the pilot and still watch it with my family. :)

#6 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:42 AM

Awesome show I especially loved the episode where Phil thought that he was going to die due to the miscommunication between him and the doctor. It was hilarious. I have a lot of respect for the character Claire she has to take care of 2 teenage girls, a dumb little boy and a totally inattentive husband.

Modern Family is totally worth a watch. Sofia Vergara adds ample hotness to the show.

#7 Midnight

Midnight

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I felt in love with this comedy series the moment I watched its very first episode. My favorite part is when the characters talk into the camera. I like the concept of conveying the dynamics of an 'atypical' family. Because of this show, I have become a fan of Sofia Vergara. She is really funny, whether or not she is in characster. And yes, she's got amazing curves! :lol

#8 TheMuse

TheMuse

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

This is one of my favorite shows. Sometimes, I wish it had a longer running time. The actors and their characters are amazing. There is so much diversity in the family but at the end of the day, they are one and continue to learn from each other. I can't wait for season 4 to kick off.

#9 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

I like the randomness of the show. The story lines are realistic but they are so random that you can easily take it and relay it to your every day life. Sometimes it is refreshing to see an overly dramatized version of my own life. I can relay, at some point, to just about everyone on the show.

They did a good job of taking the Jerry Seinfeld "show about nothing," approach so they don't lock themselves into an ongoing plot line that eventually fizzles and causes the show to get canned.

#10 Dessa34

Dessa34

Shy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

I can't even say who is my favorite character on the show, I love them all. I did not start out watching this show. My cousin called me in tears one night and said that she was watching the funniest show ever. I turned to it and laughed so hard, I cried too. I was hooked and I always make sure that I tape it every Wednesday night, so I don't miss it by chance.

#11 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

Some of it is really lame, but still funny. I almost want to compare it to The Office, in that sense..... the characters fit stereotypes and say things that make you want to roll your eyes at how lame or dry they are, and yet, everyone loves it.

I do like that it has a very prominent gay couple and the couple has a child. It's hilarious at times, but still tackles some real issues.

#12 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I won't lie, at first the only reason I turned to this show was because I saw Ed O'neil (the legendary AL BUNDY) was on it. But oddly enough, I find the show genuinely good anyway.

#13 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I won't lie, at first the only reason I turned to this show was because I saw Ed O'neil (the legendary AL BUNDY) was on it. But oddly enough, I find the show genuinely good anyway.

Haha! I didn't know he was going to be in it to begin with, so it was a pleasant surprise for me. I like that he plays a somewhat similar role in terms of being the grouchy old husband, but I like his softer sides, too.

#14 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Haha! I didn't know he was going to be in it to begin with, so it was a pleasant surprise for me. I like that he plays a somewhat similar role in terms of being the grouchy old husband, but I like his softer sides, too.

You know what suprises me the most, he can still get around for a man pushing around the 80 year old mark. Everyone else his age is all hobbled and what not. His soft side is cool. But that god for his constant grouchyness lol

#15 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

*googles*

Oh phew!

You had me worried that he really was *that* old. He's still rather up there, but he's actually only 66 currently, so he's got a ways to go before he's quite that elderly, hehe.

#16 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

*googles*

Oh phew!

You had me worried that he really was *that* old. He's still rather up there, but he's actually only 66 currently, so he's got a ways to go before he's quite that elderly, hehe.

Wait, he's only 66? Dang how could I have been so off. Now I have to think about as to how I got this "information" on him being 80. But even for 66, the man is pretty mobile.

#17 abmaverick

abmaverick

Shy

• 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

This is the best sitcom on TV today. The ecletic mix of personalities in the family adds to the chemistry on the show. My favorite character has to be Phil Dunphy, he has this innocent but dim witted nature to him, but he is the kindess person on the show who has nothing bad to say about anyone else.

#18 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

This is the best sitcom on TV today. The ecletic mix of personalities in the family adds to the chemistry on the show. My favorite character has to be Phil Dunphy, he has this innocent but dim witted nature to him, but he is the kindess person on the show who has nothing bad to say about anyone else.

Well, yeah it's probably the best. But then again, it's not like this show as much in the way of decent competition for that crown anyway.

#19 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Poor Mani! I felt bad enough for him that they all saw him kissing that girl....but then to have his mom go into labor on his birthday, too? Now he has to share that day for the rest of his life as well? How awful!

#20 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

So...

I watched The New Normal last night and one of the main themes was them discussing a "dressing gown" the entire time and whether the little boy should be in a dress.

I'm currently watching the Modern Family right now, and out comes a traditional dressing gown for the baby....

Do these shows share the same costume closet or something? Are budgets that type? Let's just use the same plots across the board...