• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

Those promos videos are so sleek and cool. Hehe I had no idea that Ariel Winter's mom was such a monster. I feel so bad when child stars get ripped off by their own family. I can see how parents think that they deserve a percentage because they are schlepping the kids to auditions and such, but to take more than the standard 10% or 15% is just stealing. 

#82 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Not only does Ariel Winter have to deal with an abusive mom, but the other teenage girl on the show just broke up with her abusive boyfriend.

It's sad what the teenage cast members on the show have been going through.

#83 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

I binged watched this show because I hadn't watched it and discovered it in the middle of the third season. It quickly became on of my favorite shows. This season has started a bit slow for me though and hasn't been on par with the last few seasons at all. I don't know what it is, but it just seems off to me so far. My favorite character is Phil of course and his scenes has been great so far as usual. If you have a chance go to Youtube and watch the Paleyfest interview clips they have with the cast and creators. OMG they are so funny. You can tell the whole cast is a very close knit group off screen.

Paley Fest

#84 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Okay this weeks episode was back to the funny that I know. I am glad they seem to be back on track now. I was worried for a bit. The producers have always said they will stop doing the show when it stops being funny and they seemed to be struggling there for a bit this season. I like the addition of Steve Zahn as the redneck neighbor this season also. I hope to see more of him and his motely crew. Sofia was hilarious when she stuck both knives into the table and said "You don't talk it out then you kill one another." The Colombia is really dangerous jokes never get old. I hope Tyne Daly gets more airtime also. i have always loved her in every show she has been in. She is a fantastic foil for the Cam and Mitchell. Really strong episode this week.

#85 Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Friendly

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't think this is show is in any danger of being cancelled anytime soon. They have staying power as long as they have critical acclaim.

#86 askanison

askanison

Cordial

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

Oh no I wasn't saying it would be cancelled. I have watched many interviews with the creators and writers of the show and they have always said, ratings or not, if the show gets stale they will yank the plug themselves. I was just worried we were seeing that point arrive. The season just didn't start out as funny as it usually is to me. Maybe I just had my expectations set to high after waiting all summer for the return.

#87 sillylucy

sillylucy

Friendly

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Modern Family is not skating by on it's Emmy wins. I think they are addressing the characters in a great way. They are showing progress and showed Alex college scouting. They acknowledge that the kids are getting older. I prefer that to just keeping the kids in high school forever. I didn't even realize that the actress who plays Alex is only 15. She wouldn't be going on those tours for at least another year in real life. lol

#88 hanseung

hanseung

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

I absolutely love Modern Family, and have ever since it began. Every season and every episode makes me laugh more than I usually do in a day. The character of Phil is so clever and I kind of wish I had a father like that, even if he is clumsy and crazy.

#89 ConcertoNo21

ConcertoNo21

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Modern Family is not skating by on it's Emmy wins. I think they are addressing the characters in a great way. They are showing progress and showed Alex college scouting. They acknowledge that the kids are getting older. I prefer that to just keeping the kids in high school forever. I didn't even realize that the actress who plays Alex is only 15. She wouldn't be going on those tours for at least another year in real life. lol

It's hard to ignore that the kids are growing though, just look at Luke from season to season.

Do you guys really feel that the series have lost a step lately? I just find it funnier and funnier! I went back and rewatched the first 6 episodes yesterday, and the quality is really impeccable IMO, and I've just finished watched Season 4 as well.

It's possible that it's because I'm growing older as well and can identify more closely with almost all the characters now though, giving me a new perspective on things. But that's a thing that should speak for the series' strength as well.

#90 ConcertoNo21

ConcertoNo21

Noob

• 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

New episode!

It's sad that the baby playing Joe is already a better actor than the girl playing Lily. :) Other than that, I thought it was a great episode. Some of the jokes are a little rehashed (Jay is old, Gloria's English is bad, Manny is acting like a gay stereotype, Cam is attention seeking, Haley is stupid etc etc), but there are some real gems in the dialogues still.  Thoughts?

#91 legendia

legendia

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Modern Family isn't must watch TV anymore. Right now it's just getting by on its rep and Emmy wins, IMO. Instead of being fresh and funny, it's repetitive and tiresome with the same old gags.

I must say i politely disagree. I still could watch this TV show all day every day. Everytime I see Luke and the stupid things he does always make me laugh really hard :D

Totally agree. The show has been consistently funny for me for sometime, which is rare with a show. A lot of shows they have their peaks and then they begin to decline and don't know how to keep funny. So far, Modern Family has not done that yet for me. I think the cast is what keeps the show great. Everyone on the show is fantastic and hilarious. It's so hard for me to pick a favorite. I'd say probably Phil is definitely the one I find the most funniest, but I love the different sets of couples. Phil and Claire are a funny combo, same with Cam and Mitchell and also Jay and Gloria. This show definetly deserves all the Emmy praise it is getting. It's such a smart and fun show.

#92 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

New episode!

It's sad that the baby playing Joe is already a better actor than the girl playing Lily. :) Other than that, I thought it was a great episode. Some of the jokes are a little rehashed (Jay is old, Gloria's English is bad, Manny is acting like a gay stereotype, Cam is attention seeking, Haley is stupid etc etc), but there are some real gems in the dialogues still.  Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure we're going to see those jokes until the show is canceled. It seems they built the show on those and they're not going anywhere. 

As for the actress who plays Lily, I can't tell if it's that she's not that great...or if the script for her is just that annoying, heh. 

#93 MrlattsAZ

MrlattsAZ

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

Omg the whole show is based upon those attributes. That's what makes it so good! Obviously the show isn't going anywhere until THEY want it to. I have to be honest, even knowing the personalities, etc. this show still provides me with a deep, hearty, genuine laugh at least once an episode and today, that's hard to find. I get it with the Big Bang also, but honestly I love watching modern family just as much.

And as far as Lilly, I don't necessarily know if it's that she is a bad actress or not. I feel as if she just has no personality. It's almost like she's either flat, or angry, but never happy. Where I'm torn is I kind of want to say I feel as if that's her "character." I don't know WHY it would be but I almost feel as if they write her that way. With that said, she is a little kid and who knows how she really is as an actress. With the popularity and budget of the show, I'd hope if it WERE her, they would put out some cash for acting lesions, that's for sure!

#94 legendia

legendia

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

Omg the whole show is based upon those attributes. That's what makes it so good! Obviously the show isn't going anywhere until THEY want it to. I have to be honest, even knowing the personalities, etc. this show still provides me with a deep, hearty, genuine laugh at least once an episode and today, that's hard to find. I get it with the Big Bang also, but honestly I love watching modern family just as much.

Yeah I agree.  Even though those jokes are prevalent throughout a lot of episodes, I just do think they are funny since they are mixed in with all other types of humor.  All shows are going to have defining attributes for each character and Modern Family has such a vared cast that it makes it fun to watch.  As long as they don't over-do it (which I don't feel like they do) then I don't think it's a problem.

And yeah, the show is so hugely popular and the content is just as fresh as when it started, so I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon, which is a good thing.  Some shows can't keep it fresh and interesting for too long so not all shows should stay on for years and years, but this show deserves it for now, so I'd love to see it continue on and on.

#95 hanseung

hanseung

Shy

• 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

I love Modern Family the way it is - every season, every episode. Even if it changes, it still stays the same, if that makes any sense. I love looking back at Season 1 and seeing how much the kids have grown as it reminds me how much I have also grown. There hasn't been an episode that hasn't made me laugh yet, so I would still call myself a huge fan. In my opinion, it's good that none of the characters are similar and I think some of the issues that are brought up in the series can be applied to real life well. Overall, Modern Family is great.

#96 Sefarad

Sefarad

Friendly

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

So...is it wrong if I think Ariel Winter is hot, even though she's only sixteen?

I guess it's normal to find young celebrities attractive, as long as you don't sleep with them. Many teen celebrities are good looking, that's why they're famous.

I feel bad for Ariel Winter because her mother treated her like crap, stole her paychecks , harassed and abused her and used her like a cash cow.

At least the court is letting her live with her sister where she'll be safe.

Really? Where did you read that? That is absolutely awful!  Poor girl!  One watches those shows and can't even imagine that some of those actors go thru that kind of things outside the show.  Poor girl!  No one deserves to live that way.  It must be so hard when it's your mother the one doing that kind of things to you!  That is hard to get over of... I know because my mom disappointed me badly when I was younger, you just learn to live without counting on your mother.

#97 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

I'm surprised they didn't have Alex get into Harvard, but the twist of the two sisters bonding over it is kinda interesting. I didn't find this latest episode as funny as some of the others, though (outside of the "stupid Harvard" wisecrack).