• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

Is Charlize Theron Still Outshining Kristen Stewart?

While everyone's busy talkin' Charlize Theron as the evil queen in Snow White and the Huntsman, we can't help but notice that Ms. Theron seems to be stealing Kristen Stewart's spotlight.

And since the latest teaser for the flick stars Queen Charlize yet again, we're wondering if and when Kris is going to get a word in edgewise.

Read more: E! Online

#2 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Good! I'm very excited for this movie, but incredibly disappointed Kristen Stewart is playing Snow White. After seeing Twilight everywhere, I've about had it with looking at her face. She should have taken a break before jumping into another role.

#3 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

I've never seen any of the Twilight movie and I'm tired of her.

My problem is not her, I don't care one way or another about her, I am sick of the whole bunch of them.

#4 beastsbeauty

beastsbeauty

Cordial

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Completely agree; I haven't seen the movies either, but everything Twilight is still popping up everywhere (in stores, on the web, etc) and it's driving me crazy. I was only able to get through 1 page of the book.

I hope Snow White and the Huntsman is worth seeing!

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

I hope so too. I know you recommended Once Upon a Time but my problem with remakes it that I always like the originals more. Books, music, movies tv shows, you name them

Yes, I am aware that the fairytales I read when I was young are not original, but they were original to me if you know that I mean.

Anyway, I'll go and see this movie because of Charlize, AKA Goddess

#6 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

The shock to me is that I remember the "original" and the remakes don't follow the story plot. Maybe that's the point as it puts a different spin than what swirled in our heads as kids. If the remake is good, it only adds to the experience the original tale left us whether we remembered the story as kids or read them to ours. I cannot wait myself to hear the reviews of Snow White and the Huntsman.

#7 MrsWinchester

MrsWinchester

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

It has been my experience that the Disney version is the remake if you know what I mean. The newer movies tend to more closely follow the actual fairy tale stories. I can't wait to see this movie, I think it will be fantastic.

#8 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

It has been my experience that the Disney version is the remake if you know what I mean. The newer movies tend to more closely follow the actual fairy tale stories. I can't wait to see this movie, I think it will be fantastic.

The thriller looks AWSOME!

I'd have gone to see it for the customs and Charlize but I really think I'll love it from the thriller alone

#9 Zoey

Zoey

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I caught a few episodes of Once Upon a Time, and it was awesome. Too bad I have the attention span of a goldfish, because I forgot what night to watch it on. Guess I will have to buy the Dvd, when it comes out. I am not excited about The Huntsman, but I will probably watch he movie at some point.

#10 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

I caught a few episodes of Once Upon a Time, and it was awesome. Too bad I have the attention span of a goldfish, because I forgot what night to watch it on. Guess I will have to buy the Dvd, when it comes out. I am not excited about The Huntsman, but I will probably watch he movie at some point.

You sound just like my mom :)

OUAT is on ABC, Sundays at 8pm

If you don't mind watching shows on the computer, you can catch it on Abc.com

#11 tvFool

tvFool

Cordial

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

You sound just like my mom :)

OUAT is on ABC, Sundays at 8pm

If you don't mind watching shows on the computer, you can catch it on Abc.com

At my house my adult son enjoys catching the Prime Time Sunday cartoon line up, so I'm stuck watching that or I would be watching the OUAT series on my HD tv. The only other way is to snatch the remote but he's way bigger than me and mentally ill, so I'll just catch it on my computer. He does have his own tv but would rather come out where I am and hog the tube. No matter, as long as I can catch the episodes on my pc, I don't care much.

#12 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

Aww, that is adorable. Boys will be boys. And hey! he is right where you can keep your eye on him.

#13 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Lets talk about our favorite movies in this thread - new or old. any genre
Which is the latest movie you saw and liked ? - For me, it was 'This means War'. Saw it last weekend and quite enjoyed it. Not a Oscar winner by far but a light comedy to pass some time.

#14 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Any James Bond fans here?? I have read all the Bond novels and watched all the Bond movies made till date.

Which actor according to you has portrayed Bond in the best possible manner??

As per me it has to be Sean Connery.

#15 Conman

Conman

Cordial

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Lets talk about our favorite movies in this thread - new or old. any genre
Which is the latest movie you saw and liked ? - For me, it was 'This means War'. Saw it last weekend and quite enjoyed it. Not a Oscar winner by far but a light comedy to pass some time.

I watched Matrix again for the umpteen time and it still thrills me to the core.

Love the fight scenes especially the bullets flying and Neo trying to evade them. It was the pioneer in making movies with too much visual graphics and multiple cameras.

Matrix trilogy comes second to LOTR (Lord of The Rings) only in my books :)

#16 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Not a big fan but I enjoy the suspense and the action of all the Bond movies that I have watched.

As per me Pierce Brosnan has been the best as Bond. But then again I also like Daniel Craig as he adds a certain charisma to the character.

I have not read the books by Ian Fleming yet.

#17 flame

flame

Cordial

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Have you read the John Gardener novels? My favourite bond was Timothy Dalton - for me he managed to catch the almost depressed cynicism of the book character.

#18 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

my favourite bond is and always will be Sir. Sean Connery. His accent and his charms are unparalleled by any other Bond.

Also, he has fought with some of the most sadistic villains although not the only ones.

I liked him the most in From Russia with Love.

#19 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm the typical Science Fiction fan with the usual having seen Star Wars and Star Trek franchises, my overall movie other than Avatar is Wall*E which I found endearing. The story line was a simple one and yet, even though the majority of the movie revolved an innocent love between two robots that never would have met otherwise but were thrown together for a common goal, the movie worked.

#20 kinser

kinser

Cordial

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

The latest movie I saw and liked was Blue Valentine. Very well-acted movie, and very sad, but realistic.