• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#21 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hey did you guys watch the Avengers yet ? OMG.. I just saw it yesterday and I was blown away by the super scenes and smart dialogues. I loved STARK and HULK to bits in the flick. I just could not stop thinking about it all day. Have you seen it ? did you like it ?

#22 Anna

Anna

Cordial

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

I recently saw the second-to-last Harry Potter movie and I loved it. I can't wait to see the next one! I am a big fan of the Harry Potter series and so I've been a fan of the movies, too.

In my opinion, they always do a great job of translating the books to the movies in that series. I haven't been extremely upset by any one change that has been made. It just "works."

#23 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

I just saw "Pirates of the Caribbean on stranger tides" and i would not recommend it to anybody. Apart from the fact I basically don't like Pirates of the Caribbean (apart from the first movie) I found that the latest movie was just made for the hell of it. The script was quiet poor, idea of looking for the fountain of youth was too trivial for me and eventually when they found it then Spanish decided to destroy it?! 5/10 would be my rating.

#24 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hej, I just watched "Red Tails" - the movie about the squad of black American pilots during the second World War who were based in Italy and were fighting against Germans. It was very nice movie, as for the movie based on the truth events. It was sharp, with lots of air fights and nice acting from main actors. 6,5/10 as from me.

#25 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I just saw the Avengers, best movie I have seen this year. Funny, Action Packed, Well Paced. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

Only downside I had with the movie is Captain America's costume is a bit dumb, but that is a small complaint for a 90 min movie.

#26 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

I just saw the Avengers, best movie I have seen this year. Funny, Action Packed, Well Paced. Do yourself a favor and go see it.

Only downside I had with the movie is Captain America's costume is a bit dumb, but that is a small complaint for a 90 min movie.

My brother and his friends went to see it yesterday, they LOVED it. He wants to see it again, I might go with him if I am around

#27 Tarheel

Tarheel

Cordial

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

Do yourself a favor. Go see it. You will not be sorry. Best superhero movie to date and an all around enjoyable ride.

#28 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Have you ever seen "Blood and Donuts"? Awesome vampire flick if you have not seen it. A "B" movie but still gets an A+ rating.

#29 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I did not know that Charlize was the evil queen. All I have ever heard about is how Kristen Stewart is Snow White. I have mixed feelings about seeing this. I sort of want to but yet think that it may be a flop.

#30 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

She is the evil queen in all the trailers and promo banners that I see around

I don't know if it'll be a flop, may very well be but I think the twitnerds will flog to the theaters in support of their Bella Swan

#31 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

I just adore Charlize Theron and her performance in Snow White and the Huntsman is amazing! I am a huge fan of her talent.

About the movie itself I liked it a lot, but it is probably because I like that kind of movies, adventures, tales, where good fights evil. Snow White and the Huntsman did deliver what I was expecting from it, even tho my girlfriend was a little bit disappointed saying it was to shallow and the script was not very well written. Still in my opinion it was a great movie.

#32 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I didn't even know it was out yet. I am not a movie person but I'll drag my BF to see this one this weekend. I love fairytales and Charlize

#33 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I actually love Charlize Theron and don't particularly care for Kristen Stewart. I don't know if it's the Bella image I have ( she ruined Twilight for me ) or just the fact that I plain don't like her. I am interested to see how Charlize plays this part, though I shouldn't be surprised if she nails it after her Aileen Wuronos in Monster. This is one instance in which I'm rooting for the evil queen.

#34 ILoveArcher

ILoveArcher

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm waiting....quite impatiently I might add, for Prometheus. I'm a fan of the Alien franchise and I'm surprised someone just now thought to make a prequel to the story line, and the fact that Ridley Scott is directing just adds to suspense and anticipation I have.

From what I understand, there's going to be some connections to the first Alien movie from 79', such as the infamous space jockey. Truth be told, it could have a million midgets running with scissors in toga's and I'd still be excited. And yes, I did see the Avengers film, and I'm more in love with Robert Downey Jr.

#35 MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

I don't care one way or another about Kristen but the Bella character is on the Stephenie Meyer herself. Kristen couldn't have made he likable anymore than an oscar award winning actress could have

Have you guys seen the pictures from the premiere. They must have planned the goth theme

Posted Image

More pictures on Popsuger

#36 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

I am looking forward to it too!

http://www.youtube.com/v/sftuxbvGwiU

#37 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

I like movies made by Ridley Scott, and the Prometheus seems like a great movie as well. The trailer is really nice and I will definitely go and see that movie on the big screen. It kind of remind me the Alien vs Predator mixed with Pitch Black which is exactly my kind of movie :D

#38 Norax

Norax

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

James Bond is great :) I remember when I was visiting my uncle every summer when I was younger he had all the books of James Bond and I couldn't stop reading them over and over again.

My favorite Bond would be Brosnan but Connery was also good. I don't like the new guy - Craig as a James Bond. It should be a gentleman with a suit not some guy with a t-shirt and jeans. Craig is just to young to be a James Bond.

#39 Rhodes

Rhodes

Cordial

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Saw: Acts of Valor; Safe House; Woman in Black; among a few others. Acts of Valor actually made me cry. Navy Seals on missions are way cool, when they save the victims, it's a heroic swelling; when they die in the line of duty and you watch the family receive the flag and then watch the soldiers of that company smash their badges into the coffin of their fallen brother, why that's a handkerchief moment and a half. Not a dry eye in the place.

#40 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Kristen Stewart is ok, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Charlize Theron as the evil queen. Evil tends to be more interesting in the movies anyway, and the trailer makes Charlize look amazing in her role.