59 replies to this topic

#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

I can't start topics in the "Cancelled" shows forum either. :/

There is a thread to request new topics but I think most of the cancelled shows are in Cancelled But Not Forgotten

Reason being that if there was to be a thread about every show out there, current or cancelled. Think about it

#2 Dindee

Dindee

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I can't create new topics on those boards mentioned above. I wanted to start a topic about Spartacus and I think it can be placed on Dramas or Primetime Lounge. I need help in creating new topics.

#3 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi Dindee, I am working on it

#4 BonnyC

BonnyC

Friendly

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, I just tried to start one in Dramas and I can't.

Would you mind making a thread for Weeds? I noticed that there isn't one and this is one of my favorite dramas.

#5 seascaping

seascaping

Friendly

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

I have this problem as well -- it tells me, "You do not have permission to start a topic in this forum.
Error Code: 13002:6005084" when I try to open a new topic anywhere. And then sometimes it would just log me off and lock me out--so I moved on. But I came back to check things out and see I am still having the same problems. :(

#6 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Log you off and lock you out? That is strange, this is the first time I've heard of such a thing happening. We switched servers a few months back and everyone had to login again, maybe it was what you encountered.

If it happens again, you can contact us by clicking on the Contact link in the sub menu

As for new threads, I disabled the New Threads topic to help avoid duplicate threads but it was mainly to discourage spambots

#7 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Arya, I also cannot create new topics anywhere on the boards. :( I was going to PM you about this but then I saw this thread.

#8 Franzy

Franzy

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

What thread would you like?

There is a thread for requesting new shows

#9 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

#10 Collin1000

Collin1000

Cordial

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

There is a thread to request new topics but I think most of the cancelled shows are in Cancelled But Not Forgotten

Reason being that if there was to be a thread about every show out there, current or cancelled. Think about it

I can't even start new feedback topics in the feedback forum. It's pretty counter intuitive to discussion if I can't start new topics. Imagine trying to have a dicussion about 3-4 shows at once all in that one topic :/

#11 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

There is a feedback thread as well

#12 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'm unable to create topics in most threads/boards as well. Says that I do not have permission to create new topics. Not sure if that is because I'm new here or just because my account needs to be approved.

#13 Pooki

Pooki

Friendly

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

What threads do you guys need?

You just registered and want to start threads?

#14 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I can't even start new feedback topics in the feedback forum. It's pretty counter intuitive to discussion if I can't start new topics. Imagine trying to have a dicussion about 3-4 shows at once all in that one topic :/

Is there a reason why you couldn't post your feedback in the pinned feedback thread? A discussion can happen there, it doesn't need its own special thread

From what I understand, the staff consolidate like subjects in one place for organizational purposes. I don't see anything wrong with it and its working just fine as far as I can tell. I wouldn't want to wade through pages of threads looking for one thread

#15 streakanime

streakanime

Cordial

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

What threads do you guys need?

You just registered and want to start threads?

I was looking for a thread on Clean House under the reality TV section. Didn't spot it there though. So, I was going to add it if that was a possibility. I've been watching that series on Netflix. So, I was hoping to find someone to discuss it with. My husband hates the show, so he will not talk about it or watch it with me.

#16 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am also having the same problem. I wanted to create a topic on primetime, but the option just isn't there.

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Add my name to the list of people who can't create new threads anywhere, but would like to. I would assume the admin would want new threads, so long as they're not duplicates, so this surprises me.

And the show I was going to start it about was The New Normal....which I can't seem to find a thread about currently. :)

#18 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Add my name to the list of people who can't create new threads anywhere, but would like to. I would assume the admin would want new threads, so long as they're not duplicates, so this surprises me.

And the show I was going to start it about was The New Normal....which I can't seem to find a thread about currently. :)

Hi, and welcome!

Newbies can't start threads, you have to be a member for a period of time and have a certain amount of posts. Even then, it has to follow the New Topics Guidelines. Members abused the ability to post new threads and I got tired of cleaning up threads such as "What did you Have for Breakfast" and crap like that.

New Normal is being discussed in the Miscellaneous Fall Show Thread

Enjoy

#19 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

The search feature for this software is lacking or maybe I haven't gotten a good handle for it. I search for shows I know we have threads of and nothing comes up

I know Revolution and New Normal are in the thread above but when I search for them, nothing comes up. On the old board, they were listed in the Topic Description and I knew exactly where to go for them

#20 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

The search feature for this software is lacking or maybe I haven't gotten a good handle for it. I search for shows I know we have threads of and nothing comes up

I know Revolution and New Normal are in the thread above but when I search for them, nothing comes up. On the old board, they were listed in the Topic Description and I knew exactly where to go for them

I follow all the threads I frequent