3 replies to this topic

#1 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image

On the heels of the bloody escape from the House of Batiatus that concluded "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", the gladiator rebellion continues and begins to strike fear into the heart of the Roman Republic in "Spartacus: Vengeance". Gaius Claudius Glaber and his Roman troops are sent to Capua to crush the growing band of freed slaves that Spartacus leads before it can inflict further damage. Spartacus is presented the choice of satisfying his personal need for vengeance against the man that condemned his wife to slavery and eventual death or making the larger sacrifices necessary to keep his budding army from breaking apart. Containing all of the blood-soaked action, exotic sexuality, and villainy and heroism that has come to distinguish the series, the tale of Spartacus resumes in epic fashion.

Oficial Website

#2 Zynoa

Zynoa

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Ah, Spartacus! Another one of my favorites. I can't wait for January's Spartacus: War Of The Damned. I can't seem to get use to the new guy, Liam McIntyre, who plays Spartacus. I liked Andy Whitfield much better. What a shame he passed away at such a young age and at the height of his acting career. I think Dustin Clare who plays Gannicus seems a better Spartacus.

The special effects on this show are amazing. I'm anxious to see if Lucretia is really dead after throwing herself off the cliff. I don't know how she could be alive, but you never know in TV land!

#3 Sensa

Sensa

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Okay I don't pay for cable anymore, but Amazon prime just released this whole season. I haven't ordered it yet, but after watching the 20 minute preview/interview thing they did I am definitely going to. Getting used to a new Spartacus is kind of a shock, but the show looks like it is carrying on amazingly well.

#4 love2watch

love2watch

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

I don't pay for cable anymore either Sensa. Last year when Starz and Netflix were still on good terms we could watch them the day after they aired. I will definitely be catching up on this one though.

Zynoa, I actually saw something about their special effects team. They have some kind of camera that no one else has (yet), and that is how they have been able to do so much. They showed some examples and everything and it was really neat.