Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have this on my list to watch. Nothing comes between me and my RHNJ

#4 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I never watched an Aaron Sorkin show before but I will give this one a chance.

#5 Bittersweet

Bittersweet

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

This show is going to be hard to watch, I couldn't even concentrate on the pilot. I have to watch it again and see if I'll keep it or not

#6 Drunken Lunchbox

Drunken Lunchbox

Cordial

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

This is the best show on TV right now. I love seeing the inner working of the inside of a news station and all the drama and antics. They really opened up the flow with a lot of interesting story lines and how they occur and how decisions are made while still keeping the character development an integral part of the show.

I really liked the Gabby Giffords story line and how they were the only ones who wouldn't break the news of her death...it made me feel like I was right there and hoping we made the right call.

#7 saragoose

saragoose

Shy

• 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Did anyone watch the season 2 premiere on Sunday? I'm super intrigued with where they've ended up in the flash-forward, and so excited to see where we go.

Also, if you're a fan of the show, the season 1 dvds are really great - awesome commentary tracks!

#8 hogwarts

hogwarts

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

I started watching this for John Gallagher Jr (I'm a huge Spring Awakening fan!), but stayed for the deliciously snappy Aaron Sorkin dialogue. This show can be a bit preachy at times, but at this point Sorkin can do what he wants as long as he keeps his signature witty style, at least as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it's really interesting to watch a behind the scenes take on the news. Can't wait to see what season two does with the election.

#9 Believeinsomething

Believeinsomething

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

It's nice being Canadian and watching this show, then we don't have to worry about whether it's too far left or not. The writing is spectacular. I didn't think we'd see Nina and Will hook up, it will be interesting to see where that goes.

You need to actually watch the show to enjoy it. It has a fast and very witty dialogue and the subtlest comment may have the most significant meaning in future episodes.

Two questions I need answered: Maggie, when are you going to fix your hair?... I understand blondes are "nothing but trouble" but really? Go see a hairdresser. The other question: What the heck did Reese do to that recording, broke into Will's safe? He's a bad man that Reece.

Gotta love Jane Fonda, btw.

Looking forward to tonight's episode - learning more and more about Genoa each time. I'm thinking the reason the story was not valid and that's why they are having this legal action is because they keep saying "unmarked heelos" allowing for the idea it was a different country that dropped the sarin and the Americans were not responsible for it. There were more than just the American troops in the region then, or am I mistaken?

Edited by Believeinsomething, 11 August 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#10 Believeinsomething

Believeinsomething

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hmm, last night went so fast and was such a "thinker". I had to check my listings to see if I had missed an episode. It was kind of all over the place this time.

I wonder how Will's dad's death will affect him, and Sloane seems to be losing touch too. Prettiest geek on TV though, even from a woman's point of view.

I think I'll re-watch this episode a couple of more times to make sure I get it. I have to do that a lot with this series.

#11 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

I started watching The Newsroom this weekend. Such a clever show. This is my first Aaron Sorkin show. 

I love almost every character, especially Will. This is how I wish our news is being told to us. I have a feeling it'll backfire ratings - wise but it'll recover. Surely more Americans feel the same way I do

#12 Believeinsomething

Believeinsomething

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Whoa, all I can say about last night's episode is really building up the tension for the end of the season. I thought there may have been some other country involved in the extraction as the explanation for all the legal action that is going on about Genoa, but I'm backing off on that theory. I think these guys were set up...

I think it was Reece who set them up. We all know what a ratings whore he is, and if he could tap phone lines, he could plant evidence. How many sources do they have for the story now? Likely enough to exonerate them from the lawsuit.. so, is that what this season finale is building - the ultimate betrayal?

BTW, I'm glad will dropped Nina, and hope that Taylor becomes a commenter on the AWM network, she's could really add some (more) pizzazz to the script, not that there isn't enough already.

Best show on TV, in my opinion.

#13 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I watched the finale of season 1 last night and I've decided I hate Mac and Maggie. Like, I keep my remote handy in case I have to hit the mute button 

I still don't understand how Mac, who breaks down in every situation, is a multiple award winning producer. Let alone one as prestigious as the Peabody award. It is a case of being told, not shown, that she is the best at what she does. I commend her and Will wanting to broadcast the real news but they don't have to turn their noses at cases like the Casey Antony trail. It is news, they can control how to present it to the audience. It doesn't have to be like Nancy Grace's way. An Executive producer who is derseving of those awards should be able to take trash and spin it into gold. Mac should welcome that challenge 

I am rooting for Will to find romance with someone and it be the real deal. As grumpy and unattractive as he is, he deserves better than that 

I love the setup of Sloan telling Don he is a good guy because someone has to validate the mens and the job falls on the smart ass woman. And oh, since she's said it, it must be true. Along with him not being in love with Maggie. I mean come on. I don't like Maggie very much and I have no investment in the quad of Jim/Maggie/Don/Lisa  but there is a plane full of people to say otherwise but whatever. 

I love Jim as a journalist but he is a coward when it comes to his personal life. I got tired of him mooning over Maggie in 1.3 or so. And I love Lisa so it pains me to see her getting second place

Looking forward to season two. I hope Maggie and Mac are toned down 

#14 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

I've started watching season 2. Just finished 2.2

Sorkin must have known my complaint because he's fixing it all. Mac's rehab as a serious journalist is re-establish but the part I am most pleased with is Maggie

I loved the scenes when Lisa broke up with her. After the ho hum breakup with Don, I needed more context of her SiTC episode and Lisa brought it

It was as if by having Lisa throw her awfulness into her face, Aaron Sorkin was acknowledging what made the character weak and season 1 and setting her on a new path The first two episodes stripped Maggie off all the good things in her personal life. When the dust is settled, I know the Maggie we met in season 1 is gone forever. A little part of me mourns for the unspoiled immature girl she was but Alison Pill deserves a more edgier character to play than that.

I don't believe the General's story about Sarin. If the government did something like that that caused so many deaths, finding evidence won't be that hard to come by. He is setting Jerry up and since he is an amoral ambitious dude, he is going for it

#15 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

I don't believe the General's story about Sarin. If the government did something like that that caused so many deaths, finding evidence won't be that hard to come by. He is setting Jerry up and since he is an amoral ambitious dude, he is going for it

The thing with Genoa storyline is that finding concrete evidence shouldn't be that hard. One of them should go to Pakistan where Sarin was reportedly used and look from there. If it is true, they will find an eyewitness, a local eyewitness who have no horse in the race. They can collect samples of the soil or even a cadaver to test for traces of the poison. 

If they did those things, they wouldn't be in the predicament they are in now. Mac and Charlie are more astute than they have been shown to be thus far. Unless they actually go down there, buying this story at face value should discredit them as journalists even if it turns out to be true. They are doing a piss poor job of fact checking 

You don't broadcast a story of this magnitude without crossing all your T's and dotting your I's

#16 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

I am almost all caught up! One more episode to go. Unfortunately I can't finish it before the new episode airs. Damn Sunday night TV. SO many shows, too little time

#17 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I hate myself for liking Don more and more every episode.  

#18 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Last night felt like it could have been a series finale. But season 3 is supposedly a go. It was a little cheesy but I’m happy Will & Mac are back together. 

#19 Caffery

Caffery

Friendly

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Last night felt like it could have been a series finale. But season 3 is supposedly a go. It was a little cheesy but I’m happy Will & Mac are back together. 

It isn't a go yet. All the actors are on board but Sorkin is busy with other projects. There is no date on when production for season 3 will begin and there've been no talks of going ahead without AS.

#20 LulaRosa

LulaRosa

Friendly

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Is season 2 the end? 

The Newsroom has been renewed for S3:  link