• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Charli1908

Charli1908

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

I actually really enjoyed watching Weeds. I watched it via netflix and it probably took me around 7 days to finish all the seasons. I was thoroughly into it up until after the whole relationship with the Mexican and after she gave birth. After the family ran away, it began to get a little boring. I also didn't really like the fact that the writers skipped like 10 years prior to the final season. I felt lost. They should have just ended it before that season. It was mostly irrelevant. Although I liked the very last episode when the old crew got back together to prepare to make more weed. 

#22 LO0715

LO0715

Cordial

• 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

I actually really enjoyed watching Weeds. I watched it via netflix and it probably took me around 7 days to finish all the seasons. I was thoroughly into it up until after the whole relationship with the Mexican and after she gave birth. After the family ran away, it began to get a little boring. I also didn't really like the fact that the writers skipped like 10 years prior to the final season. I felt lost. They should have just ended it before that season. It was mostly irrelevant. Although I liked the very last episode when the old crew got back together to prepare to make more weed. 

I really liked this show too. I had began watching it when it first aired on Showtime, and when it arrived on NetFlix, I watched it again. I know what you mean about feeling lost when they skipped almost 10 years ahead. I didn't really understand what was going on at first either. It was really cool though when Weeds first started. There was rarely ever a dull moment and the characters were funny. I never would have thought that a place like Agrestic would have been part of a huge marijuana ring overseen by a surburban widow. Pretty cool concept!

I'm glad that NetFlix has kept it in their database up until now because I can go back and rewatch the series whenever I want. Can't really ask for anything better when it comes to shows that I loved, but have been canceled. Endless entertainment! :)

#23 primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974

Cordial

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

Weeds was good until the last season. When they were suddenly in the future, where weed was legal, that was just rock-bottom. No one aged at all, and the only real technology the viewers see is clear cell phones. Lame. The ending was kind of stupid too. Her brother-in-law finally has sex with her, on someone's lawn and then runs away like he was forced. The fade away where they are all on the steps smiling was better suited for "Friends" or "The Waltons", not for a show like this.

#24 Skyspirit

Skyspirit

Cordial

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

I agree with you on Weeds, which is about the same way I felt about Dexter. As both were on during the same time frame, it makes me question what was going on with writers at the time. It seems the finales of all the recent blockbuster primetime cable/satellite shows have lacked intellgience and in some cases, character.  Like, a serial killer regardless of motive getting way not only scott free but scott free to go meet a woman and his little boy Harrison - I'm not sure about anyone but I probably wouldn't let a woman take my child overseas without my presence seems a bit out there to say the least -. The ending bothered me, I did like when Debra found out about her brother, I thought that added a whole new dimension to what had otherwise become a rather boring show to say the least. All in all, a great job for an ongoing series with Dexter with lots of twist and turns in the beginning. I'm curious if we will ever see a movie, or t.v. movie related to the sieries.  I do believe True Blood is planning a movie, not sure about Dexter or Weeds.

Enjoy!!!!

Edited by Skyspirit, 29 January 2015 - 01:29 PM.