23 replies to this topic

#1 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

You must be talking about Dirt. It was a weird show

I am happy for Courtney and the crew as well. I don't watch it religiously but I watched Jen's episode in season 2. She played's Jules shrink

#2 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Forced is probably right. I even gave it another try (nothing else was on) - still did not like it at all. I guess I'm just not a Courtney Cox fan. I do want to watch the new TV show with Chandler though.

Well at least you tried. The kind of humor Cougar Town does is not for everyone

I hope they do well on TBS to last a few more seasons

#3 Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

A recently divorced woman decides to find some excitement in her dating life.

Posted Image

#4 diganto

diganto

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

watched it for two seasons but just could not carry on with it.

all the very best to Courtney though.

#5 Cybagem

Cybagem

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I tried to but even Courtney couldn't get me to sit through an episode

It feels too forced or something

#6 Angel

Angel

Cordial

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

agree with both of you even I (a fan of Courtney since Friends) could not watch it for more then a season.

diganto hats off to you for watching season two.

#7 SimplyJo

SimplyJo

Cordial

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

I enjoy Cougar Town quite a bit, maybe because of the cast or the situations but I just so happen like these kinda shows.

Way to go Courtney !

#8 angie828

angie828

Cordial

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I watched a few episodes. I thought that it would have been better than what it was. Wishful thinking I guess. I loved Courtney in Friends but she just did not impress me that much.

#9 iambre

iambre

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Cougar Town is moving to TBS with new shows set to air in early 2013.

I was a big fan of the first season but the long breaks and shortened season 2 kind of ruined the show for me. I've been recording the third season but I haven't watched a single episode yet.

#10 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am happy for the Cox' and all the other cast members. It is rare for shows to get picked up by other networks after they are dropped.

I hope they do well on TBS

#11 realityjunkie

realityjunkie

Cordial

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Cougar Town has managed to keep my interest over the seasons, unlike Modern Family, which I started watching at the same time. I love how the adults act like big kids in all of the episodes!

#12 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Cougar Town has managed to keep my interest over the seasons, unlike Modern Family, which I started watching at the same time. I love how the adults act like big kids in all of the episodes!

That is good. I am happy for Courtney.

Has any of the Friends alum made a cameo on this show yet? I know Jennifer was very supportive of her others how, can't remember the name right now, and made a few appearances

#13 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

I don't care for Cougar Town at all. Courtney was my least favorite friend on Friends too. I started watching Modern Family at the same time and I am still watching it.

#14 DareDevil

DareDevil

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't care for Cougar Town at all. Courtney was my least favorite friend on Friends too. I started watching Modern Family at the same time and I am still watching it.

Well Monica was the most high strung of the group. I see how she'd grate on people's nerves

#15 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I think these kinds of shows all feel forced. I am surprised it has made three seasons. I have never been one to watch something like this and probably won't ever. It's like, "don't you have a life?"

#16 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Forced is probably right. I even gave it another try (nothing else was on) - still did not like it at all. I guess I'm just not a Courtney Cox fan. I do want to watch the new TV show with Chandler though.

#17 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

I was really looking forward to seeing Courtney Cox in something new. This doesn't really do it for me, though. I think she does a good job and it's not necessarily 'bad'. I'm just not excited for the show like I am with others.

#18 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

The title 'Cougar Town' is actually very misleading. Courtney's character doesn't even date younger men! It's a very fun show. The characters are all very entertaining., and this is one of those shows that really don't make you think in any way. I guess not a lot can appreciate that.

Hmmm if I remember correctly both Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow have guest starred in Cougar Town (in different episodes, though).

#19 Quirky

Quirky

Friendly

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

The title 'Cougar Town' is actually very misleading. Courtney's character doesn't even date younger men!

Yeah, I think that part is a little weird. They have the right idea with her being in her 40s, divorced, etc.... They need to be showing her off as hunting younger men, though, if they want to live up to the name. Otherwise, it doesn't really make sense.

#20 thresholdofreality

thresholdofreality

Cordial

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, I think that part is a little weird. They have the right idea with her being in her 40s, divorced, etc.... They need to be showing her off as hunting younger men, though, if they want to live up to the name. Otherwise, it doesn't really make sense.

Apparently the producers tried changing the title of the show before the second season aired, but by then it was too late. Even the creators, producers, and the actors themselves make fun of the title LOL!