Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

!!

#2 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hey y'all! I've posted my thoughts on the Top 20 dancers on So You Think You Can Dance season 9.

Take a look and let me know your thoughts if you watch the show. Do you have a favorite yet?

#3 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

I've tried to watch the show last night as I love SYTYCD, but we had some weather in the area and our cable feed kept hitching so I gave up. I was bummed.

#4 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

We have not watched this one in quite sometime but still over all the years we did watch; Travis will always be my favorite. It is scary to think how long it has been since the show started too, makes me feel a little old.

#5 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

We have not watched this one in quite sometime but still over all the years we did watch; Travis will always be my favorite. It is scary to think how long it has been since the show started too, makes me feel a little old.

That means you haven't seen the show since Travis started choreographing, right? His routines are always standouts. I would suggest revisiting the show for him alone! If you haven't seen these two routines, you should watch them ASAP:

Melanie and Marko Turn to Stone

Jeanine and Jason If It Kills Me

Those are imho Travis' best choreographed pieces ...

#6 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I have not watched it in quite a while either. Who is Travis? I will have to watch it now to see how good the dancers are and how good the dances are too. They used to amaze me when I watched it before.

#7 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

I have not watched it in quite a while either. Who is Travis? I will have to watch it now to see how good the dancers are and how good the dances are too. They used to amaze me when I watched it before.

Travis Wall. Runner-up season two. Danced this.

#8 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Travis is an amazing dancer and choreographer. I've always enjoyed watching his routines. Melanie & Marko--Turn to Stone is fantastic, although Jeanine & Jason--If It Kills Me was the more powerful piece in my opinion.

#9 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Travis is an amazing dancer and choreographer. I've always enjoyed watching his routines. Melanie & Marko--Turn to Stone is fantastic, although Jeanine & Jason--If It Kills Me was the more powerful piece in my opinion.

Did you see this week's dances on YouTube since you missed the live show? Travis' routine was beautiful! Titanic love story to Unchained Melody. That boy is talented! And younger than me, which makes me feel very unaccomplished :)

#10 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thank you for mentioning that routine, Megan! I checked it out immediately and it was breathtaking. People like Audrey, Matthew, and Travis make me feel rather mediocre too.

#11 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thank you for mentioning that routine, Megan! I checked it out immediately and it was breathtaking. People like Audrey, Matthew, and Travis make me feel rather mediocre too.

You're welcome! I could watch Travis' choreography all day (he was actually nominated for an Emmy for a routine he did for Dancing With the Stars...). There have already been some amazing routines this season from him and other choreographers. I"m excited to see how everything pans out.

BTW, Audrey was brilliant last night too. She killed with Sonya Tayeh:

http://www.youtube.com/v/X0wTDjHFCoQ

#12 Wylla

Wylla

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Oh yes, this week's episode was great too and Audrey and Matthew really killed it again. I was glad the judges saved Witney and Chehon; they both deserve to be around awhile longer.

#13 Megan Kathleen

Megan Kathleen

Friendly

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Oh yes, this week's episode was great too and Audrey and Matthew really killed it again. I was glad the judges saved Witney and Chehon; they both deserve to be around awhile longer.

I still do not understand how Witney got in the bottom three in the first place. She was insane in the first episode (as would be expected when she dances a samba). That save was the right choice.

#14 almari011

almari011

Cordial

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

I haven't seen this show but when I'm on youtube surfing around I always watch dance clips and some of them are from So You Think You Can Dance. :) My favorite SYTYCD clip is this one : <3 They danced Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis here. :)

#15 NDN

NDN

Friendly

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I used to watch this show , I agree Travis will always be a favorites. He is a real Cinderella story, the way he came in with limited technical experience and blossomed. Benji and Donelle will always be my favorite couple. I can only watch so much of this show , Mary and her over the top screaming and antics get on my nerves. The show seems to be compulsively focusing on  the choreographers. Yes I know they are important , but the show is called so you think you an DANCE. People watch to see the dancer. They need to get back on track.

#16 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

I love this show.  It's one of my most favorite shows for real dancing. That's why they have choreography. Real dancers, who want to go out there and work in the field, after their season is over with, need to be working with choreographers. I agree that Mary's yelling is irritating. So I look at her good sides and tune out her yelling, while watching the show.

#17 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

I don’t mind Mary’s screaming! I actually enjoy her critiques for the most part. This season has been particularly bad for useless guest judges between Carly Rae Jepsen and the Olympian they had on last night. But Anna Kendrick and Jenna Elfma were pretty good.

#18 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I like this show, but I have a bad habit of watching the first auditions and being really interested in who gets to move on, and then I rarely stick around to see the later rounds of the show.

It's kind of like the American Idol thing where I find the audition rounds interesting and then I don't stick around for the more polished performances.

I guess I should pay more attention to the later rounds because I've seen some really good choreographed dances from the show on Youtube.

#19 pftsusan

pftsusan

Cordial

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I like following the season all the way through to see if guessed who the judges picked for the winner.  Also each time that I tune in for the season, I look forward to the next episode to see who or what team is working their way up to the finale. I like seeing their creativity and how they lay it all out on telling  the story, in dance, for the choreographers. Drama is welcomed here. 

#20 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

These dance shows are cool. I am a massive fan of Heather Morris who plays Brittany on Glee. I recently looked up some clips of her getting rejected by the show a few years before she was one of Beyonce's backing dancers. Other than that I am not really an avid watcher. There are too many dance shows out, just like there are too many shows like X factor out there.