• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I think this is one of the best dance shows though. Some of the numbers they produce are really impressive. I think it is also incredibly worthwhile to give these dancers and choreographers the opportunity to help establish their career.

#22 pipergale

pipergale

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

I think this is one of the best dance shows though. Some of the numbers they produce are really impressive. I think it is also incredibly worthwhile to give these dancers and choreographers the opportunity to help establish their career.

Yes, although there are a flurry of these types of shows, and most fall by the wayside because they are all the same, So You Think You Can Dance has to be one of the best ones out there. It does produce some names that people remember after the season is over and done with, like Heather Morris for instance lol. I love dance. I can dance, but my older sister went to college to do dance, so this type of show is more her thing.

#23 TvPerson

TvPerson

Cordial

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

I loved this dance since it's actually showcasing normal people instead of celebs. The only thing that put me off into watch season 11 was that NONE of the people I wanted to get through made it. Then, after it came to the top 20, almost ALL of the dancers routines were bland. There wasn't a variety of different people themselves, either. What I loved about that show is that you see people from all walks of life, but this time season 11 fell flat, I'm afraid. :(