#1 Ned Stark

Ned Stark

Staff

• Moderators
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Posted Image

EUREKA - SEASON 5 SYNOPSIS
They can bend the laws of nature. They can push science to the absolute limit. But there's one force they can't change: their destiny. Return to the small town with big secrets as the geniuses of Eureka venture beyond everything they've ever known in the fifth and final season of one of TV's most beloved shows. From searching for the lost Astraeus crew to experiencing a disaster drill that proves all too real, it's anything but life as usual in the seemingly idyllic town. And as the final moments tick by, one question looms large for everyone: will Eureka be shut down for good?

Guest starring sci-fi fan favorites Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day, this three-disc set is a fitting, mind-boggling send-off for the community that never "officially" existed.

Homepage

#2 Crinkle

Crinkle

Friendly

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

I haven't seen any episodes of Eureka. Now that I'm hearing about it here, it sounds like something I might like to follow. It would be great to watch all the seasons before this one starts. Oh, if I had more time in my week.

#3 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Wil Wheaton is amazing as he is getting into more kooky roles but I have to say I am not really a Felicia Day fan by any means, and this includes her snip-its for things like The Guild - Do You Wanna Date My Avatar. I am sure she is quite lovely but something about her just does not jive with me. Now the show I am sad to see is leaving but I would love if they could break out a yearly special, I am sure many fans would tune in but I doubt the actors would be willing to do something like that. Isn't the reason for the cancel due to their over demanding paychecks?

#4 opal

opal

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I love this show but don't get to watch it often. It's mainly cop/crime related in my house so when they are all gone, I indulge. I do like the possiblilites of this series. Some of it is not that far out there and I do like Wil Wheaton.

#5 CSINY

CSINY

Friendly

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Must be I missed this one, it is the first I have heard of it. Not sure I would like it. We watch mostly reality TV and crime - cop shows here too.

#6 edna

edna

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

I wonder how often they are going to rerun some of the episodes? I know many people that are going to want to watch it now after the last episode has already aired.

#7 Peggy

Peggy

Cordial

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

I wonder how often they are going to rerun some of the episodes? I know many people that are going to want to watch it now after the last episode has already aired.

They are showing this past season on Wednesdays, but it is at a strange time. I missed the last episode, so I'm hoping they are going to rerun the entire season. I still can't believe that Eureka got cancelled!

#8 crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate

Friendly

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

I was upset when they ended this show. But to it's credit, this show lasted a very long time before they decided to pull the plug. Most shows today are lucky to make it to a third season. Or even a second one with you look at how fast a network is quick to cut a show for some reality tv nonsense.

#9 Parisian

Parisian

Noob

• 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

I am hoping that they will do the occasional Eureka movie, or continue the Homliday specials they'd air. I truly loved this series and I've seen every single episode. I spent my weekend re-watching every epsidoe on Netflix. I don't know why they canceled the series but it was the only show on SyFy that I thoroughly enjoyed. I wishe SyFy will come to its senses and order more new episodes but I know that's probably wishful thinking on my part. I just loved the concept. A town full of geniuses who constantly make a mistake that could end life in Eureka or even the planet, and it takes the 'dumb' sheriff to always save the day. I loved it and I miss it.

#10 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

I watched the first season on DVD and loved it, and am looking forward to watching the rest of it. I feel bad when they cancel a show I liked but have put aside to watch later, like I could have saved it by watching :/