• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Jenners

Jenners

Friendly

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

What I love most about Joel is his willingness to talk about stuff E! doesn't want him too -- Seacrest, Kardashians, etc. Nothings off limits.

#2 90s

90s

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I love Joel. I think he should be more successful than the likes of Seacrest. He is one of the funniest guy in hollywood

It was slow during the Olympics the Jennifer Aniston wedding thing was just hilarious. I will post the clip if I come across it

#3 drusilla

drusilla

Cordial

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

“The Soup” airs on the E! Network on Wednesday night at 10 P.M. and is hosted by Joel McHale who is best known for his role as Jeff Winger on the comedy show “Community.” I love this show because his staff finds the funniest clips from other TV shows, mainly reality but no one is safe. It amuses me and keeps me informed on current pop culture. I’m certainly not planning to sit down anytime soon and watch “Here Comes Honie Boo Boo” or follow the doings of “The Jersey Shore” cast.

Does anyone else get their “Pop of Culture” - the new slogan of E! – by watching “The Soup?”

#4 CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn

Cordial

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

I've watched this show a few times and like it also. I have to keep checking the line up to find it sometimes because it comes on at different times but when I do, I really enjoy it. Very refreshing. :)

#5 Farrah

Farrah

Friendly

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Don't get me wrong. Talk Soup is still a funny review of all the tv shows. But I still think it was better when Greg Kinear was on it and they called it Talk Soup. It was mostly funny Talk Show moments for the week. He made it so funny, I remember actually falling off my bed I was laughing so hard. Ahhh now thats just good tv.

#6 blackout23

blackout23

Cordial

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

This show can be hit or miss for me. I love his humor but when it gets off a topic I'm not interested in I rarely can keep from changing the channel.

#7 MarlineAlcott

MarlineAlcott

Friendly

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I adore Joel. Dude is hilarious. This isn't a show I watch often, mostly because I'm always behind on all my favorite shows and I don't want him to accidentally reveal to me who got voted off Survivor or who left Amazing Race before I've seen it. But whenever I do catch it, Joel's comments end up making me laugh to death.

#8 chicken1empanada

chicken1empanada

Cordial

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

I like when members of the cast of Community pop in to The Soup from time to time for some short sketches and to, of course, promote their show. Rob Corddry sometimes shows up and his chemistry with Joel makes for one hilarious comedy duo.

#9 Kaybee517

Kaybee517

Friendly

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Don't get me wrong. Talk Soup is still a funny review of all the tv shows. But I still think it was better when Greg Kinear was on it and they called it Talk Soup. It was mostly funny Talk Show moments for the week. He made it so funny, I remember actually falling off my bed I was laughing so hard. Ahhh now thats just good tv.

I remember when it was Talk Soup too. My favorite was Greg Kinear and Aisha Tyler. I loved there witty humor and style of delivery. I never watched it much once they left the show.

#10 pafjlh

pafjlh

Friendly

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I love to watch The Soup as well. Like so many others I too can remember when it was called Talk Soup. I guess that had to change when they started adding reality shows as well. Unfortunately I don't get too many opportunities to see The Soup these days because of its schedule, but when I can catch it I still find it entertaining.

#11 Monique

Monique

Friendly

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I do enjoy it when I watch, but I can't say I find the show must-see television. I do really like the guest appearances though. I much prefer to see Joel on Community, which is one of my favorite sitcoms.

#12 XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXx

Cordial

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

I have seen this show a few times and I like it! the host is funny he is perfect to lead this show, no other guy could be any funnier than him on this show... plus the title is catchy... the soup! :lol:

#13 Torisaur

Torisaur

Cordial

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

I'll agree, it definitely is a very entertaining show! I hope they don't make any more random changes to it though, because otherwise I won't be able to continue enjoying it like I do. :P I try to find it when I can during times when I have free-time for television.

#14 cjcassada

cjcassada

Cordial

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Joel McHale is one of the funniest men I've seen in a long time and I enjoy watching him on The Soup. The clips are funny, but the sketches is what gets me going. Some of my all-time favorite sketches include Spagetti Cat, Viva Laughlin, and Leave Britney Alone.

#15 n87

n87

Cordial

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

The Soup is quite hilarious, I've been watching it for years. Even though I don't care about the celebrity gossip, the jokes are hilarious and some of the clips shown are just golden. Joel McHale brings the best personality to the show as well, because of the Soup I was a fan of his before Community...and now with Community I'm just a bigger fan.

#16 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

I remember when the show used to be called "Talk Soup" and was hosted by John Henson when it aired back in the 1990's. It's pretty much the same format today, albeit more risque with the humor - but then again everything has changed on TV since then. I love how the guests on the show are good sports about the humor, because some of the cracks are pretty harsh on there. I loved it with Kathie Lee and Hoda were on the show getting trashed with wine.

#17 TVismyfriend

TVismyfriend

Friendly

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

I haven't seen The Soup in a while but I did always like the hosts, especially Joel McHale. As far a clip compilation shows go, I like The Soup better than Tosh.0.

Tosh.0 has some gross out humor with people's weird illnesses that's kind of disgusting to watch sometimes.

#18 byersals

byersals

Shy

• 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I love this show!  My favorite clips are the ones where he shows Brian Williams going on a rant.  When they actually had Brian Williams on the show, too, that was classic.

#19 westmost

westmost

Friendly

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm also from the Kinnear era, but I love Mchale on Community, so I may have to check it out again.

#20 OhioTom76

OhioTom76

Friendly

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I haven't seen The Soup in a while but I did always like the hosts, especially Joel McHale. As far a clip compilation shows go, I like The Soup better than Tosh.0.

Tosh.0 has some gross out humor with people's weird illnesses that's kind of disgusting to watch sometimes.

I h ate Tosh.0, he's not funny at all and I don't understand what the appeal of him is. Plus they do show some pretty gross clips on there without any warning what so ever that make me want to throw up. The humor on there is so juvenile it's difficult to watch.